Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Will the WDW locations accept SB gift cards?
I am sorry to say, but we will NOT honor starbucks gold rewards. We will take Starbucks gift cards, you can earn your points, but we will not honor any of the rewards.

To add on to this, guests can also pay by phone like you can at a SB store. So if you have the SB app on your phone, we are able to scan the bar code in order to pay. Also, we will not be selling gift cards.

Unless things have changed recently, all of our drinks will be considered a snack on the dinning plan. Along with the pastries. Since they are still working on the dinning plan specifics, this can change.

Also, test meals start the 15th. They will be to invited guests only.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The only DIsney I can think of is that the location will of course be themed to the area, the cups will be co-branded (the only co-branded SB cups in the world), we will sell co-branded merchandise, we will see Disney & SB food (more grad-n-go type things). No special "Disney" drinks though, at least yet

What about the napkins!!!! Starbucks, co-branded or plain old brown?

go3epcot

Does anyone know if the end of Nescafe coffee also meant the end of Nestle Toll House, and thus, the need for a new sponsor of the Main Street Bakery (since Nestle owns Nescafe)?

WDW1974

The Starbucks deal has taken years to get done and has been on-again, off-again a number of times due to Starbucks not trusting Disney to be able to adhere to SB quality standards. They went as far as to send research teams to observe Disney f&b cast members at work in the parks to try to judge if the Disney way would be able to consistently recreate SB drinks to the level that SB requires in a theme park environment. For a long time, the opinion of SB corporate was 'no', and it took a while for Disney to convince them otherwise.

Would you trust Disney with your premium BRAND?

emich88

SO I am back from my first day at the Bakery. I will say that no one should be disapointed by the themeing. It fits perfectly with Main Street USA. WDI and Starbucks worked together to also create a storyline on how we became to be. I wont reveal this story right now.

-The location will not have hidden Mickeys.. but you may find a few hidden sirens :D
-There will not be any seating, but there will be one stand-up counter near the Crystal Arts/ Bakery doorway
- We will no longer serve cinnamon rolls. I do know what we will sell (but instead of posting the menu I can answer questions)
-Although it wasn't originally going to be sold at this location, we will serve bottled soda
-Starbucks has created new techniques that will be seen only at WDW. If a success, they could be used at other SB locations (again, don't want to get into specifics) Hint: The idea is to have your drink ready as soon as you reach the register ;)

if anyone have questions, feel free to ask

djlaosc

-There will not be any seating, but there will be one stand-up counter near the Crystal Arts/ Bakery doorway

Well that's going to annoy people...

-We will no longer serve cinnamon rolls. I do know what we will sell (but instead of posting the menu I can answer questions)

Well that's going to annoy people...

-Starbucks has created new techniques that will be seen only at WDW. If a success, they could be used at other SB locations (again, don't want to get into specifics) Hint: The idea is to have your drink ready as soon as you reach the register ;)

Do we get to preorder coffee 60 days out? (More seriously, I would guess ordering while waiting in the queue?)

emich88

The no seats will annoy people, but there needed to be room for the queue and condiment bar. There will be seats in Center Street and out by the Plaza Restaurant.

The cinnamon rolls are already offered in Fantasyland

No, if we open with this new technique, you will order before you reach the register.... Think more like how Earl of Sandwich takes orders.. Except ours is a little different

djlaosc

The no seats will annoy people, but there needed to be room for the queue and condiment bar. There will be seats in Center Street and out by the Plaza Restaurant.

No, if we open with this new technique, you will order before you reach the register.... Think more like how Earl of Sandwich takes orders.. Except ours is a little different

Main Street Bakery already had a problem with lack of seating (and the tables being too close together - at least when I was last there), so removing what was there is not going to be good, and leaving people with outside seating only isn't going to be looked on as a good thing by many people - they probably needed to move the Crystal shop and have that just be seating.

The people who liked the cinnamon rolls have complained that the ones available in Fantasyland are "not as good" as the ones that were at Main Street Bakery (whether that's true or not, I have no idea - I don't like cinnamon, so have never had one), so they have been hoping since Main Street Bakery closed that they would be able to get the ones that they liked back, so they won't be happy.

I've never been to Earl of Sandwich, so I have no idea how they take orders, but if it will speed things up, then it should be useful.

mm52200

I understand room being needed for the queue and condiment bar, but seriously, no seating is going to upset a lot of people...or atleast my family. People were constantly waiting for tables, they were in super high demand. I guess instead of increasing the capacity, might as well remove it all.

ParentsOf4

We will no longer serve cinnamon rolls. I do know what we will sell (but instead of posting the menu I can answer questions)
Oh my, that could be a big mistake. It sometimes feels as if half the posts here are about cinnamon rolls.

Now it's going to be known as "The Starbuck's that made our cinnamon rolls disappear from Main Street USA."

I wonder what genius made that decision? Whoever it was, it's obviously not someone who's been reading half-a-dozen Disney fan websites or even Disney's official blog.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom