Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

MissM

I walked into MSB yesterday. I've never been in there before and I was expecting to be blown away by all the cakes and yummy baked goodies on offer....

You can't see ANY cakes or baked goods when you enter the bakery because they're all positioned at the side
This was my disappointing take away from peeking in last month post-change. You literally cannot look in and see the bakery items for sale. So you can't "window" shop without basically committing to getting in line. I turned around and left. I find it a bummer. I could care less about the coffee or the brand or whatever, but losing the tempting cases of assorted desserts just blows. And there's no other place left to get them either. We used to love the carrot cake - gone entirely from MK. Not just moved, but gone. That is the biggest loss for me about the Bakery.

willtravel

This was my disappointing take away from peeking in last month post-change. You literally cannot look in and see the bakery items for sale. So you can't "window" shop without basically committing to getting in line. I turned around and left. I find it a bummer. I could care less about the coffee or the brand or whatever, but losing the tempting cases of assorted desserts just blows. And there's no other place left to get them either. We used to love the carrot cake - gone entirely from MK. Not just moved, but gone. That is the biggest loss for me about the Bakery.
Try Starring Rolls in DHS. Not sure of all that they have but I do love there chocolate morsel topped chocolate muffins.:D

mm52200

During our trip over the week of July 4th, it was never very crowded and I saw several times families walking in and being disappointed by the changes. If only they could have added Starbucks and keep the rest of the original bakery items, WDW would have a sure fire win on their hands. They also could have kept the bakery as is, and just add Starbucks somewhere else in the park, there are plenty of locations sitting dormant or they could have made it part of the FLE and not have to replace anything.

MissM

Try Starring Rolls in DHS. Not sure of all that they have but I do love there chocolate morsel topped chocolate muffins.:D
I oh so very rarely over at the Studios. Besides, isn't that kinda the problem? Having to leave and go to an entirely different park just to find more of the bakery items that used to be easily found (and very popular!) at MK? :(

WDW1974

OK, so this nightmare of a thread is still going?

I'll add something.

I went to Dunkin Donuts today for their Monday any size ice coffee for $1 deal and, for the first time ever, got bad coffee ... Very bitter ....

ParentsOf4

Just wondering if things have quieted down because people actually like what Starbucks has done, or they have just lost interest... Anything to update from our friends working there? Any time frame for opening in Epcot and then where and when for DHS and DAK?
Most of the passion was because of location and traditions. I've often described Main Street USA (MSUSA) as theme park holy ground and Starbuck's was "desecrating" that ground.

IMHO, Starbuck's would have received mostly positive feedback if it opened up at any other location except MSUSA. By comparison, the announced Epcot location has pretty much been greeted by a collective yawn from the Internet community.

n2hifi

Most of the passion was because of location and traditions. I've often described Main Street USA (MSUSA) as theme park holy ground and Starbuck's was "desecrating" that ground.

This nails it for me. I visit Starbucks almost every day in 'the real world' but will never go in that one because I like to avoid things that annoy me. Does Disney or Starbucks care about my personal boycott? NO. But at least I feel better which is getting more and more important as I get older and grumpier.

Goofyernmost

This nails it for me. I visit Starbucks almost every day in 'the real world' but will never go in that one because I like to avoid things that annoy me. Does Disney or Starbucks care about my personal boycott? NO. But at least I feel better which is getting more and more important as I get older and grumpier.
As long as you don't mind being older, grumpier and thirstier, I'm sure no one will have a problem with it. :D

COProgressFan

IMHO, Starbuck's would have received mostly positive feedback if it opened up at any other location except MSUSA. By comparison, the announced Epcot location has pretty much been greeted by a collective yawn from the Internet community.

Additionally, If the MSUSA Starbucks opened up as a renovated MSUSA Bakery, "proudly serving Starbucks coffee", I don't think anyone would have a gripe.

Disney decided not to go that route, though.

The Empress Lilly

Indeed! After all, EPCOT (Center) pretty much is supposed to be a showcase for American industry. So if only the FW Starbucks manages to implement some sort of experimental system it is an instant fit.

General Subsidies can showcase their latest cars, Exxon can tell you why fossil fuels are a clean and infinite energy source, and Starbucks can showcase its latest coffee processing ways. It's what FW is all about. :) But none of that fits in Frontierland, or Liberty Square, or Main street.

Personally, I'd rather EPCOT instead of Starbucks #1,735,335,892 gained a few fantastic original coffee houses serving you espresso and cappucino in Italy (Italian names after all!), and fresh coffee in coffee producer Costa Rica, and Viennese coffee in Austria - the inventors of modern coffee culture.
But that's not going to happen. So FW it is, and no, a thematic misfit in FW Starbucks is not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom