Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

The Empress Lilly

Well, I just arrived back from DLP. No Starbucks number 31.153. Instead, their discerning audience is spoiled with a number of fantastic original offerings on Main Street. Each one an original, each one unique.

How about enjoying that coffee on the intact Center Street, not destroyed by the Emporium expansion (and no fangarçons telling you that that is okay because they wrote a backstory for that)

82627659.jpg

I ordered my coffee here, in the Discovery Arcade next to MS, through the window. Even on a busy day, there was only one person in front of me. It took me 45 seconds from entering the queue to walking away with my coffee. Lots of indoor seating here too!

DSC09765.jpg

Everything you order comes in lovely themed cups. I left with quite the collection again.

DSC03224-412x550.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Visiting DLP MS is like a cold shower. Suddenly you are wide awake and see things from a fresh perspective. It dawned on me what a silly joke the MK MS is. Why are we having a conversation about whether the Starbucks blends in or not? That completely misses the point. No, any MS locale ought to simply blow you away by default. Should of itself further the story and placemaking of MS. Even if the MK Starbucks would blend in well, which it doesn't, it still remains the retarded brother of DLP.

Every eatery and coffee stand in DLP is themed to the hilt, is an original, is a unique work of art. In comparison the MK MS is a bad joke, with outside franchises brought in, and being themed somewhat to kinda blend in a bit.

Here's where you drink coffee on a real MS:

plaza2.jpg

Or here:

8.JPG

5603204897_d7e7bcdb9f_z.jpg

Animaniac93-98

@The Empress Lilly if we spend all day comparing MK with DLP it could get really depressing. I mean, just comparing MK's Adventureland with its abbreviated Pirates, parking lot pavement walkways and cartoon spinner with DLP's sprawling jungle and river layout with a proper Arabian entrance and a real Pirate ship to boot is enough to make me feel sad.

pumpkin7

I walked into MSB yesterday. I've never been in there before and I was expecting to be blown away by all the cakes and yummy baked goodies on offer....

You can't see ANY cakes or baked goods when you enter the bakery because they're all positioned at the side. And the collection wasn't that big either. I as sorely disappointed. Was it like that before Starbucks??

@The Empress Lilly if we spend all day comparing MK with DLP it could get really depressing. I mean, just comparing MK's Adventureland with its abbreviated Pirates, parking lot pavement walkways and cartoon spinner with DLP's sprawling jungle and river layout with a proper Arabian entrance and a real Pirate ship to boot is enough to make me feel sad.

You know I've always told people that once you've been to WDW, you get spoilt and DLP is never the same. It's usually got lower standards ie, dirty toilets, trash everywhere, the staff are rude etc. Obviously I've not paid enough attention to the themeing.

The Empress Lilly

On the whole, I still prefer the MK over DLP park.

But there are a great many areas, plus lots of 'little' stuff, that Paris gets oh so very right! Most prominently, the stuff you name above. DLP' Adventureland is awesome indeed! This time two things about struck me in particular: the stroke of genius of putting the Treehouse on Adventure Isle (the TSI). And secondly, the Aladdin walkthrough, which remains a delight. So simple, so cheap, yet almost a FL darkride in itself, all on the space of one pin trading shop. (Speaking of darkrides: yay, did Snow White!)

The Empress Lilly

You know I've always told people that once you've been to WDW, you get spoilt and DLP is never the same. It's usually got lower standards ie, dirty toilets, trash everywhere, the staff are rude etc. Obviously I've not paid enough attention to the themeing.
Oh, I think you've paid attention alright! Paid attention to DLP's very own, unique set of problems. Some of which make WDW look like Tokyo by comparison!
That X-Wing looked dreadful. Filthy and falling apart. :eek:

And nothing says western mood at Thunder like a rude French CM with 'Paris waiter' syndrome. When I asked if I could ride in the back, instead of pointing me to the empty last few cars of Thunder I was treated to a lenghty French tirade how he isn't a computer and how he couldn't possibly keep track of filling the train if he granted special requests, followed by monsieur going into full breakdown mode in public, throwing his drink at the operating booth. :D

Then again, I too might break down if I had to deal with half the fastpass Thunder queue consisting of guests who skipped over from the standby line.

Fairybuzz

Is Starbucks like the only coffee shop ever? Why is it always Starbucks? I can't really complain though because I don't drink coffee but I just really wondered why its ALWAYS Starbucks and their related stores.

Visiting DLP MS is like a cold shower. Suddenly you are wide awake and see things from a fresh perspective. It dawned on me what a silly joke the MK MS is. Why are we having a conversation about whether the Starbucks blends in or not? That completely misses the point. No, any MS locale ought to simply blow you away by default. Should of itself further the story and placemaking of MS. Even if the MK Starbucks would blend in well, which it doesn't, it still remains the retarded brother of DLP.

Every eatery and coffee stand in DLP is themed to the hilt, is an original, is a unique work of art. In comparison the MK MS is a bad joke, with outside franchises brought in, and being themed somewhat to kinda blend in a bit.

Here's where you drink coffee on a real MS:

plaza2.jpg

Or here:

8.JPG

5603204897_d7e7bcdb9f_z.jpg

I just thought It was funny that everything there looked perfectly turn of the century, until that last picture where it gets really silly.

PhotoDave219

I walked into MSB yesterday. I've never been in there before and I was expecting to be blown away by all the cakes and yummy baked goodies on offer....

You can't see ANY cakes or baked goods when you enter the bakery because they're all positioned at the side. And the collection wasn't that big either. I as sorely disappointed. Was it like that before Starbucks??

All the signs say Starbucks. Its a coffee shop.

Clearly you didnt have the yummy brownie.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The new versions of the menu are now free of the cinnamon roll - no more torturing those who want it.

Attachments

• IMG_1995.jpg
    IMG_1995.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 64

wishiwere@wdw

Sorry if this has already been mentioned... But it's 124 pages lol

Stopped in a few days ago and it was reasonably busy. I don't really have a problem with it in terms of the coffee itself but what moron decided to turn the bakery item sideways? We didn't even bother getting in line because the bakery items weren't published up on the insanely small font main menus or on the handouts when you get in line.

Sure looked nice though.

Animaniac93-98

I went to DLP a little over a month ago and saw no trash, dirty toilets and only one "rude" CM. There were maintance flaws, but barely any worse than WDW.

pumpkin7

I went to DLP a little over a month ago and saw no trash, dirty toilets and only one "rude" CM. There were maintance flaws, but barely any worse than WDW.

Hmm, I haven't been since 2008, and a few times before that. They must be upping their game! I shall have to visit again soon.

Animaniac93-98

Hmm, I haven't been since 2008, and a few times before that. They must be upping their game! I shall have to visit again soon.

Money was spent specifically to spruce up the place in time for the 20th with some projects happening since (like a recent 3 month refurb of Pirates). Problem areas still exist, but it's better now than in '08 when things like Fantasia Gelati and the Pirate Ship were looking pretty scary.

go3epcot

Just wondering if things have quieted down because people actually like what Starbucks has done, or they have just lost interest... Anything to update from our friends working there? Any time frame for opening in Epcot and then where and when for DHS and DAK?

wogwog

Just wondering if things have quieted down because people actually like what Starbucks has done, or they have just lost interest... Anything to update from our friends working there? Any time frame for opening in Epcot and then where and when for DHS and DAK?
All I have heard is Epcot is scheduled for mid-summer whatever that means. Sources tell me activity in the MK has been less than plan. Still no seats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom