Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

Cosmic Commando

Not really a true indication. Space Mountain is about 100 guests every three minutes (per the "Unofficial Guide), which is 26,000 guests in a 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM day. If MK averages 48,000 guests per day, you have to remember that a good number of those are under the height limit, making them ineligible to ride even if they wanted to, while another few thousand are there just for the parade/fireworks. Even if everyone were tall enough, that's AT LEAST 54%. Back out the kiddies and it might be up as high as 75%, not even taking into account the "double counting" of guests who park hop.

It was just an example. You could replace Space Mountain with Peter Pan or Buzz and it would be the same idea.

Cosmic Commando

An old time bakery with a twitter account, lol. That does not seem theme appropriate. Seriously though you have a point. I think that would be very popular with the mainstream tourist and the hardcore fans but as you mentioned the main problem is capacity. To handle the popularity of something like that in the most visited theme park in the world within Ms USA is pretty much impossible. Although as They use to say , doing the impossible is kind of fun. Now a days they say , multiplying profit/profit margins is kinda fun.

Ooh ooh... I got it! We'll build multiple rooms with identical ovens; everyone will think they're getting their food from the "real" oven!

71jason

Sometimes things are cooler because they're too small. I used the example before in this thread of the old versus new Patisserie in France. The old one was a cramped little hole-in-the-wall... and we all loved it.

I wouldn't say that. Many a time I was jonesing for a Napoleon ... and walked away empty-handed because the line was out the door, down the steps, and back 20 people from there.

Come to think of it, I bypassed getting a coffee at the Main Street Bakery many times for much the same reason. And the times I did get food there--almost never found a seat.

Nemo14

Cinnamon Buns was my nickname in high school.

paranoid.gif

71jason

Finally checked this out. No problem with the decor, and I don't even miss the seating if it makes things faster (place was slammed last night, both lines full). The service, however ... first time in 20 years I've had a Starbucks screw up my order.

After 10 - 15 minutes in line, I order an "iced coffee with milk, trenta, sweetened." Nothing fancy like half-caff or soy milk or two pumps of caramel. CM grabs a tall cup, asks me my name.
"No, trenta please."
Blank stare.
"The really big one."
"Oh." Grabs the right cup, writes my name.
"Iced coffee with milk?"
"Yes, please. Sweetened." Another blank stare. I add,"With the simple syrup or whatever. That add it at the other Starbucks. So it's sweet." CM thinks for a second, then says,
"Oh yeah, it comes sweet."

10 minutes later, I get my iced coffee--unsweetened.

It's pretty clear the CM had no idea about the Starbucks menu. This wasn't a complicated order--and can't be all that rare with temps in the 90s. Is it little details? Sure, but the little details are why Starbucks gets to charge $4 for coffee. The little details are what used to make WDW special. If I were Starbucks, I'd be seriously rethinking this arrangement right now. One of the most high-profile stores in the country, and I don't see TDO putting in the effort to staff it with properly trained CMs.

DDuckFan130

A friend of mine just posted a pic of the coffee cups at the Bakery as he is there right now. The cup itself says Disney Parks and it's actually cute with the sleeve for keeping your hands from burning is the Starbucks one. Sooo...yeah just felt like mentioning. I'm excited to try it next week. lol

PhotoDave219

A friend of mine just posted a pic of the coffee cups at the Bakery as he is there right now. The cup itself says Disney Parks and it's actually cute with the sleeve for keeping your hands from burning is the Starbucks one. Sooo...yeah just felt like mentioning. I'm excited to try it next week. lol

Yes, I did not photograph the disney parks cup with a starbucks sleve on it intentionally

RSoxNo1

Finally checked this out. No problem with the decor, and I don't even miss the seating if it makes things faster (place was slammed last night, both lines full). The service, however ... first time in 20 years I've had a Starbucks screw up my order.

After 10 - 15 minutes in line, I order an "iced coffee with milk, trenta, sweetened." Nothing fancy like half-caff or soy milk or two pumps of caramel. CM grabs a tall cup, asks me my name.
"No, trenta please."
Blank stare.
"The really big one."
"Oh." Grabs the right cup, writes my name.
"Iced coffee with milk?"
"Yes, please. Sweetened." Another blank stare. I add,"With the simple syrup or whatever. That add it at the other Starbucks. So it's sweet." CM thinks for a second, then says,
"Oh yeah, it comes sweet."

10 minutes later, I get my iced coffee--unsweetened.

It's pretty clear the CM had no idea about the Starbucks menu. This wasn't a complicated order--and can't be all that rare with temps in the 90s. Is it little details? Sure, but the little details are why Starbucks gets to charge $4 for coffee. The little details are what used to make WDW special. If I were Starbucks, I'd be seriously rethinking this arrangement right now. One of the most high-profile stores in the country, and I don't see TDO putting in the effort to staff it with properly trained CMs.
It's a good thing that coffee drinkers never have specific ways they like their coffee, otherwise this could be a real problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom