Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yep it is strange that are posting a picture of a cinnamon roll on the menu and then telling you that you can't have one. But regardless, they are gone, and it is Starbucks food all the way with just a few exceptions.
Yes but also keep in mind many a times as said by employees sometimes the info they give is temporary and they have changed things or were in the works and the employees and managers are not allowed to say anything until something is final. Also they mislead people to believe the whole time that the bakery would mostly stay the same just with Starbucks added. So frankly it may not come back but why have a picture of one on the brand new menu??? Disney does everything for a reason usually. I will take what the employees said with a grain of salt for now. This is just my personal opinions that a lot of people also will agree and some will not. :)

Communicore

I read their making a Disneyland one too, and I am willing to bet that it won't be as Starbucks-y as the MK one, and if for some reason it was I bet that Disney will be quick to renovate it, yet the MK one would be the same for 20 years because their making money on it and "if it ain't broke why fix it" lol

sxeensweet

Sounds like an issue with the people who made the menus
That would be a big Booboo!! And Disney usually thouroughly would re check these things and fix as necessary before they used the new menu. If someone missed that its a major oopsie!!! Lol :) Also if it is true they won't have them and that was a mistake they could have covered up the picture while a new sign was made. You would think? Lol. But hey maybe not. Lol :)

captainkidd

The apologists at the Disney Parks Blog are appalling. I guess they don't care about this change.

I love how Disney keeps lying to people as if we're completely dense. "Yes, the cinnamon rolls are at Gaston's."

Anyone that has had a cinnamon roll from both knows they are not the same. Do they think lying to guests is going to make things all magical?

So many people said "Don't worry. Nothing's gonna change. Just gonna have good coffee now." I knew this was gonna happen.

Goofyernmost

I love how Disney keeps lying to people as if we're completely dense. "Yes, the cinnamon rolls are at Gaston's."

Anyone that has had a cinnamon roll from both knows they are not the same. Do they think lying to guests is going to make things all magical?

So many people said "Don't worry. Nothing's gonna change. Just gonna have good coffee now." I knew this was gonna happen.
So you're saying that for some reason Disney maintains two different types of cinnamon rolls? Why would they go to all that trouble? Now maybe they have changed the recipe, but if that were the case, what is in Gaston's would be in the Bakery if they were to put them back in. Don't you think?

sxeensweet

It's amusing to me that people seem to believe that IF the cinnamon roll returned to MSB that it would somehow magically taste different than the one you can currently get at Gaston's.
Gaston's was open and selling cinnamon rolls at the same time the bakery was still open and They were totally different as we had both back last December. :)

Goofyernmost

I don't doubt it, but be aware, like the "life" mugs, people will tell you youre wrong until the day you die
No, that could be 100% right. However, carrying it a bit further it is going to be a safe bet that Disney was going to phase those out and replace them with whatever they were testing at Gaston's. If, and it is a big IF, they had decided to keep the rolls in the Bakery, I think it would have been the new ones anyway.

NewfieFan

So you're saying that for some reason Disney maintains two different types of cinnamon rolls? Why would they go to all that trouble? Now maybe they have changed the recipe, but if that were the case, what is in Gaston's would be in the Bakery if they were to put them back in. Don't you think?

I'm no cinnamon roll connoisseur but they most certainly are different. Here's what I noticed... The rolls in the bakery seemed to baked with the icing on them and the pan that the rolls were in was swimming in icing and cinnamony goodness (you could see this in the display and even ask for more icing to be scooped onto your roll). The ones at Gaston have the impression that they put the icing on after the fact (after they're baked or warmed up). There doesn't seem to near as much icing and there's some sort of maple flavour as well that wasn't on the regular rolls from the MS Bakery.

Animaniac93-98

No, that could be 100% right. However, carrying it a bit further it is going to be a safe bet that Disney was going to phase those out and replace them with whatever they were testing at Gaston's. If, and it is a big IF, they had decided to keep the rolls in the Bakery, I think it would have been the new ones anyway.

The fact that the rolls were removed before Starbucks arrived suggests that this is probably true. I strongly doubt Starbucks is to blame for the removal of these items, but instead Disney who figured they could save a few bucks by not having to bake and stock more of their own goods.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Do we have a definitive answer on origin point for the Cinnamon Rolls, then and now? Were the old MS rolls baked in the bakery? Where are they baked now for Gastons?

ttalovebug

I don't think it's the rolls themselves that are different, but the preparation of the icing is. Main Street's had the icing in the pan with rolls, so it would get hot and cinnamon-y, and if you asked for extra, they would pour this excess icing from the pan over the roll. The icing at Gaston's is from a tube, I think, so it's at room temperature instead.

captainkidd

It's amusing to me that people seem to believe that IF the cinnamon roll returned to MSB that it would somehow magically taste different than the one you can currently get at Gaston's.

I don't think that's what people are saying at all. I can't speak for anyone else, but my point was it would be very nice if they brought back the original rolls. Sell them wherever, I don't care. These ones aren't the same.

captainkidd

I don't think it's the rolls themselves that are different, but the preparation of the icing is. Main Street's had the icing in the pan with rolls, so it would get hot and cinnamon-y, and if you asked for extra, they would pour this excess icing from the pan over the roll. The icing at Gaston's is from a tube, I think, so it's at room temperature instead.

I thought the rolls were smaller at Gaston's, but that wasn't the main issue, as they're plenty big anyway. To me, they just didn't taste nearly as fresh. The ones on Main Street were always piping hot and fresh.

captainkidd

Do we have a definitive answer on origin point for the Cinnamon Rolls, then and now? Were the old MS rolls baked in the bakery? Where are they baked now for Gastons?

They used to be baked in the Main Street Bakery. Supposedly (according to Disney) when Gaston's opened, they were still baked at the Bakery and shipped over. However, since Disney lied about what the Bakery would become, they could be lying about this as well.

nepalostparks

However, since Disney lied about what the Bakery would become, they could be lying about this as well.

Wait a minute, where did Disney lie about what the bakery would become?

Here's what the original Disney Blog post from November said about the changes:

Both locations will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Magic Kingdom Park, for example, cast members will wear a costume consistent with the early 20th century look and feel of Main Street, U.S.A.
The Starbucks locations at Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot will both offer the full complement of Starbucks® signature beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a wide selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats.
And in the update added a few days later:

The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items.
Putting aside opinions on whether or not the changes at the Main Street Bakery are positive or negative, the blog post up front said it was getting the full complement of Starbucks items. And added there would be some Disney items. (Favorites I suppose is subjective... as to what counts as a favorite can certainly be debated, but again I'm trying to keep opinion out of this.)

Based on what I've seen in the images, we got an early 20th century themed location, with Disney cast members in period costumes, with a full Starbucks menu with some Disney items as well. That's what Disney told us.

Did Disney at some point officially say something different than this? Or did the opinions and interpretations by people in this thread (or possibly elsewhere online) get turned into fact along the way?

go3epcot

I am still wondering if the ending of Nestle's Toll House's sponsorship of the MS Bakery has something to do with the change in the cinnamon rolls. Did Nestle control the recipe, or some portion of it, that Disney can't duplicate on its own? If I were Disney, I would not want to make a change in recipe public knowledge if I could avoid it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom