Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Did anyone else notice in the Food Blog the new picture of the Breakfast menu shows the cinnamon roll but yet they keep saying you cannot get one there! Is is still maybe in the works?? I sure hope so and it's just not ready yet b/c the ones at Gaston's are not the same at all IMO. :(. So sad see that and many other fresh baked goodies go away like the coffee cake , etc they baked there. Starbucks coffee cake I can get anywhere and that stuff is not baked on site. :( hopefully one day Disney realizes some changes will be needed to make it more like it was.

Clamman73

Disney should make its own line of bottled water and theme it too The Little Mermaid. It would be MAGICAL.

And then charge $20 for the special limited 20K edition.

A drop of old leftover 20K water in each bottle that they saved! Nice....Bring on the profits!

Oops I'm getting off topic again...Starbucks, cinnamon rolls, seating, corporations, parking, etc...;)

WDW 3

But Disney has served Joffery's for a long time. You weren't stuck with Nescafe. There are several nice coffee kiosks and shops around, just not in MK.... that we can think of. We stay at Shades of Green and they have served Starbucks for years so I am not concerned about the coffee served. Its everything else. The pastries that Starbucks serves are certainly no better or unique that anything MST used to sell and as others have said, a great many of us can get them close to home. Where can we stop for an afternoon coffee, treat and A/C at MK? Don't say Pecos Bills... the treat selection is pitiful compared to what was the bakery.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I think there's a disconnect in communication here. You're referring to only the coffee product as dramatically improved, which is absolutely true. And it's absolutely true that having SB in the park will add a delicious coffee beverage that many, many people love. What the rest are saying - me included - is that it's not just about the coffee. It's the Main Street Bakery, a space that hearkens back to opening, and is ingrained in the memory of everyone who went to the Magic Kingdom as a kid, teen or adult in the 70s-90s. It's about the design, the location's history and the "bakery" aspect that has been lost to a very homogenized new space that's very similar to any normal Starbucks or franchised design anywhere in the country. We are bemoaning the loss of a space that was somewhat unique into something that's everywhere else outside the MK. The Bakery redo is nice enough, but it's not unique or special any longer, as I mentioned earlier in the thread. I think there's a large contingent who were hoping for an update of the space the way it was, or at least an update that included the feel of Main Street, which this does not have, utilizing Starbucks fixtures, not trying to mask the registers, etc. The materials used/design doesn't feel like Disney. It feels like simply a nice Starbucks on MSUSA, when it should have been just the Starbucks product incorporated into Disney's look and feel. Get what I mean?

It's the difference between the Ice Cream Parlor interior and this new interior. Massive difference in detail and theming.
^^ Nailed it.^^

flynnibus

Premium Member
But Disney has served Joffery's for a long time. You weren't stuck with Nescafe. There are several nice coffee kiosks and shops around, just not in MK.... that we can think of

You were once in the parks... the previous kiosks were all outside the parks themselves if I recall (edit: I see some reference to inpark stuff too.. I just don't know where.. maybe just sig resturants?). And you don't leave your restaurant to order your coffee... so I think the Joffery's news is bigger than you lead to..

WDW 3

Than I lead to??? They've had a kiosk right at the exit of ToT for many years. Kiosks around EPCOT my hubby was remembering. Decent coffee at the Writers Stop. Didn't say it was big news. Just sayin'

Bolna

You were once in the parks... the previous kiosks were all outside the parks themselves if I recall (edit: I see some reference to inpark stuff too.. I just don't know where.. maybe just sig resturants?). And you don't leave your restaurant to order your coffee... so I think the Joffery's news is bigger than you lead to..

already existing Joffrey places before the new deal:

Epcot close to Ellen and between Canada and the UK (and I think somewhere else in WS)

AK the Espresso place in Discovery Island and the Anandapur Tea Stand.

There might be more, but these are the ones I have personal experience with.

captainkidd

Just saw the pictures. Epic failure on Disney's part. As if breakfast options weren't limited enough, now there's nowhere to sit at the Bakery.
It looks like what it is - A Starbucks being staffed by the MSBakery staff.

I was skeptical but had hopes when Disney claimed no major changes would be put in except for Starbucks coffee. That was obviously a lie. All the original items once sold at the Bakery are now gone, and we have a Starbucks. And no, the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's are not the same ones.

sxeensweet

Just saw the pictures. Epic failure on Disney's part. As if breakfast options weren't limited enough, now there's nowhere to sit at the Bakery.
It looks like what it is - A Starbucks being staffed by the MSBakery staff.

I was skeptical but had hopes when Disney claimed no major changes would be put in except for Starbucks coffee. That was obviously a lie. All the original items once sold at the Bakery are now gone, and we have a Starbucks. And no, the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's are not the same ones.
Totally agree on all if that. When we got a cinnamon roll at Gaston's it was not even warm or that fresh!!! :(

captainkidd

Of course there are going to be some that say us "purists" are being ridiculous. Whatever. I don't care what type of coffee is served, since I don't drink it. But the fact is, when this announcement was made and people were outraged, Disney made some comments to people that were 100% lies. The look of the bakery hasn't just changed - It's gone. They didn't add Starbucks coffee. They replaced the Bakery with a Starbucks that fits the theme of Main Street (barely).

Just one of the special little touches that Disney has gotten rid of. I give it 2 years until Casey's is turned into a Nathan's.

asianway

already existing Joffrey places before the new deal:

Epcot close to Ellen and between Canada and the UK (and I think somewhere else in WS)

AK the Espresso place in Discovery Island and the Anandapur Tea Stand.

There might be more, but these are the ones I have personal experience with.
The one between American Adventure and Italy and the Contemporary lobby for sure.

Arent the ones by the EPCOT and TTC monorail stations as well?

Bolna

The one between American Adventure and Italy and the Contemporary lobby for sure.

Arent the ones by the EPCOT and TTC monorail stations as well?
The question was about Joffrey in the parks.

Allears used to have a "real coffee" list, but unfortunately it is gone now as their supposedly is Joffrey everywhere now.

PhotoDave219

Did anyone else notice in the Food Blog the new picture of the Breakfast menu shows the cinnamon roll but yet they keep saying you cannot get one there! Is is still maybe in the works?? I sure hope so and it's just not ready yet b/c the ones at Gaston's are not the same at all IMO. :(. So sad see that and many other fresh baked goodies go away like the coffee cake , etc they baked there. Starbucks coffee cake I can get anywhere and that stuff is not baked on site. :( hopefully one day Disney realizes some changes will be needed to make it more like it was.

It was confirmed by a cast member who works at that location as well as multiple managers that its not coming back.

To have your voice heard on this matter:

Walt Disney World Guest CommunicationsPO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

sxeensweet

It was confirmed by a cast member who works at that location as well as multiple managers that its not coming back.

To have your voice heard on this matter:

Walt Disney World Guest CommunicationsPO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
Yes I know that but I was just questioning the picture of a cinnamon roll much like the old one on one if the new menus that the food blog posted a few days ago. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yes I know that but I was just questioning the picture of a cinnamon roll much like the old one on one if the new menus that the food blog posted a few days ago. :)
Yep it is strange that are posting a picture of a cinnamon roll on the menu and then telling you that you can't have one. But regardless, they are gone, and it is Starbucks food all the way with just a few exceptions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom