MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Jordan dby

I've only done Paris and the American ones but Paris is my favourite. Disney world is too big and busy, and California suffers from being cramped in. Every part metre square is concrete and has rides squeezed in. I miss the space and beauty of Paris, it's more important than most people recognise. There's something nice about a fully disnified campus in the middle of nowhere which makes you feel like you are away from real life. Even if Disney village is a bit naff, I somehow prefer it to walking out to Anaheim city centre or having to get a tram then a bus then another bus home from magic kingdom.

At a more temporary level paris has had great shows recently and my last visit to California had nothing on at the Hyperion and no fantasmic either. Paris does need some new rides though and especially coaster rides.

infloencer

Not yet. That’s 2028.

Shanghai next year all being well.
That sounds great! Shanghai Disneyland is an amazing park that doesn’t really get enough recognition from Disney fans. From all the castle parks I’ve been to (every park except Anaheim) Paris is my personal favourite due to nostalgia but Shanghai is probably the best. There isn’t a single flaw in that park it’s just all grand and beautiful and very well themed. Oh and Shanghai’s pirates is one of the best dark rides ever created

Kevin_W

I've only done Paris and the American ones but Paris is my favourite. Disney world is too big and busy, and California suffers from being cramped in. Every part metre square is concrete and has rides squeezed in. I miss the space and beauty of Paris, it's more important than most people recognise. There's something nice about a fully disnified campus in the middle of nowhere which makes you feel like you are away from real life. Even if Disney village is a bit naff, I somehow prefer it to walking out to Anaheim city centre or having to get a tram then a bus then another bus home from magic kingdom.

At a more temporary level paris has had great shows recently and my last visit to California had nothing on at the Hyperion and no fantasmic either. Paris does need some new rides though and especially coaster rides.

We've done both American resorts, Paris, and Tokyo. They each have their own thing that makes them special. WDW is still probably my favorite - none of the other parks in the world replicates Animal Kingdom, Epcot, or it's sense of scale. Plus, it's our "home" park where we celebrated our honeymoon many years ago and where we first took our daughter so it's special to us in that way.

But ranking a single park is much more difficult. MK is "home" as I said, but Disneyland has a much higher density of rides. DLP is the prettiest castle park in the world and both Tokyo parks are pretty amazing.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
New attraction arguments notwithstanding the amount of fixes, plussing and tweaking across this resort continues to be unprecedented!

Not sure about lighting the top spire of the castle though. Forced perspective and all that. Nor the LED wash.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom