MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

LondonTom

New attraction arguments notwithstanding the amount of fixes, plussing and tweaking across this resort continues to be unprecedented!

Not sure about lighting the top spire of the castle though. Forced perspective and all that. Nor the LED wash.
Agreed, need a better picture/to see in person to judge I think! (Plus Summer isn't the ideal time for this!
Just when you thought they couldn’t renovate anything else….

Good to see the Castle Stage getting some love, they have some really cool shows on it at times! So hopefully something else is coming soon after this refurb!

choco choco

Greetings from Disneyland Paris! On this third trip to Paris, I managed to sacrifice some time away from the other sights to hit Baxter’s baby. It is my first time here.

I entered the park at 6pm (for an 11 closing). That’s right, I paid a full days price for only five hours in the park. It turned out to be good and bad. Good in that today was blazingly hot, and even when I was entering it was clear people had had enough and were leaving. But the later temperatures made things more bearable and people leaving opened up space beautifully. Most things were a walk on. The bad is that I guess park operations decided to follow suit? The railroad was closed. As was the river boats. I saw no characters. Kiosks and stands were empty. Shops seemed to be left to their own devices. And I couldn’t get a decent meal anywhere, so many things were closed. I couldn’t even go inside to look at these eateries’ nice theming. And I was willing to shell out for something nice. It was so weird that my partner turned to me and said, “it looks like workers abandoned the park.”

Disneyland Paris is not a full day park. There, I said it. Despite going in at 6, we were struggling to find another e-ticket we hadn’t already hit by 8:30. And I took my time: walking through all the walkthrough’s (and they’re awesome), taking copious pictures, waiting in a long line for ice cream, chilling in that playground next to the river (the only way i could see it, since the boats were closed).

It’s a beautiful park. And the scale - long my number one factor in making a successful themed environment - is letter-perfect. I don’t know how they did it to make sure everything pops from a dimensions and measurements perspective. Compositions are very strong. I like the commitment to winding pathways, a very, very Baxter-esque quality that he ramped up to beautiful effect here.

As the night came, the population grew to an unexpectedly large size. Where did all these people come from? Operations struggled to get them all fed and watered. The night shows above the castle were very nice, although the late Parisian sunset forced them into hilariously late showtimes that would scandalize us US folk.

The park is let down by its operations. There’s no other way around it. I can’t believe I was willing to throw money at them and they were not willing to take it. That’s the most un-Disney like thing imaginable.

cjkeating

Greetings from Disneyland Paris! On this third trip to Paris, I managed to sacrifice some time away from the other sights to hit Baxter’s baby. It is my first time here.

I entered the park at 6pm (for an 11 closing). That’s right, I paid a full days price for only five hours in the park. It turned out to be good and bad. Good in that today was blazingly hot, and even when I was entering it was clear people had had enough and were leaving. But the later temperatures made things more bearable and people leaving opened up space beautifully. Most things were a walk on. The bad is that I guess park operations decided to follow suit? The railroad was closed. As was the river boats. I saw no characters. Kiosks and stands were empty. Shops seemed to be left to their own devices. And I couldn’t get a decent meal anywhere, so many things were closed. I couldn’t even go inside to look at these eateries’ nice theming. And I was willing to shell out for something nice. It was so weird that my partner turned to me and said, “it looks like workers abandoned the park.”

Disneyland Paris is not a full day park. There, I said it. Despite going in at 6, we were struggling to find another e-ticket we hadn’t already hit by 8:30. And I took my time: walking through all the walkthrough’s (and they’re awesome), taking copious pictures, waiting in a long line for ice cream, chilling in that playground next to the river (the only way i could see it, since the boats were closed).

It’s a beautiful park. And the scale - long my number one factor in making a successful themed environment - is letter-perfect. I don’t know how they did it to make sure everything pops from a dimensions and measurements perspective. Compositions are very strong. I like the commitment to winding pathways, a very, very Baxter-esque quality that he ramped up to beautiful effect here.

As the night came, the population grew to an unexpectedly large size. Where did all these people come from? Operations struggled to get them all fed and watered. The night shows above the castle were very nice, although the late Parisian sunset forced them into hilariously late showtimes that would scandalize us US folk.

The park is let down by its operations. There’s no other way around it. I can’t believe I was willing to throw money at them and they were not willing to take it. That’s the most un-Disney like thing imaginable.
I think you highlighted the two competing issues in your post:
1) the park clears out in the early evening - day trippers want to get back to Paris and a significant number of onsite hotel guests go back to the hotels for dinner - which leaves the park in a lull until about 90 minutes before the late summer fireworks/drones when hotel guests return and WDSP guests may move over
2) a quiet evening park means capacity is oversupplied allowing you to do lots in a short space of time and therefore things like characters and the riverboat don’t continue into the evening

If you were looking for a nice/table service meal you’d need to book in advance. For counter service there will be at least one option open in each land until towards close, again demand is lesser in the evening as people leave the park.

It’s not ideal and the DV and WDSP plans should alleviate some of this but when the park is open 0830-2300 daily throughout summer to facilitate fireworks some operational decisions have to be made to allow it to work financially.

LondonTom

The bad is that I guess park operations decided to follow suit? The railroad was closed. As was the river boats. I saw no characters. Kiosks and stands were empty. Shops seemed to be left to their own devices. And I couldn’t get a decent meal anywhere, so many things were closed. I couldn’t even go inside to look at these eateries’ nice theming. And I was willing to shell out for something nice. It was so weird that my partner turned to me and said, “it looks like workers abandoned the park.”

Yeah, thats nothing to do with the heat and just standard operations from DLP 😂 Characters are pretty much done before main parade time (well what was, believe that parade is earlier now, so who knows when the characters will disappear at the moment 😂).

The food situation in the evening, just confuses me totally, its like they want to leave money on the table!

Glad you had a good time otherwise and got to see how beautiful she is!

Jordan dby

they trialled an earlier show time for the night time spectacular, i think without fireworks, a few weeks ago. i find it strange how despite a large spacious park and a large castle they need to wait until closing Fantasyland for the fireworks.

per hour you probably still paid less than a US park.

Kevin_W

Really looking forward to the castle stage being used again. I hope they have a plan for the next show like when they rebuilt “Frontierland Theatre” for Lion King.

When was the last time something was on the stage? We went to DLP in 2016 and twice in 2022-2023 and haven't seen anything on the castle stage.

LondonTom

A quick check today shows Agrabagh until 830pm, Aubegre 8pm, Jacks 10pm, Plaza 10pm, Silver spur 10pm and Walt’s 10pm.
Walt's seems very fishy! Thats always closed by parade time usually?! (Usually last serving is before the parade, and you hope they let you stay for it! but of course parade times are odd now too)

They all depend on having a reservation too!
And theres more…

That looks fantastic, proper upgrade! Hope it does have that Goofy theme, adds a nice classy Disney touch that previous concept art has lacked!
It was used over Christmas I believe for a short show with the Princesses.
Halloween has a castle show too I believe.

Remember being used it a lot during the 25th, I wanna say there was a castle show for the 30th too?

cjkeating

Walt's seems very fishy! Thats always closed by parade time usually?!
If you meant “fishy” as in you doubt it stays open until 10pm (as opposed to the menu…) then they staff a second shift for the evening during the summer.

Don’t think they did in 2022 as they were struggling post COVID to recruit but they certainly did in 2023.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom