MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

theRealist

This is one resort where another park in the near to medium term seems like a mistake. They're still digging themselves out of the hole opening an under-cooked second park got them into and the two existing parks both have plenty of room for expansion and aren't really bursting at the seams yet.

Seems more like something that would be considered way down the path after they added the second new land to WDS, some new capacity to Parc Disneyland, fixed Disney Village, added a new hotel, and had some time to evaluate the impact of all those additions.
Don't worry.
The deal between DLP and the French government states that they'll only build a third park if a certain amount of visitors has been reached.
DLP's strategy today = rising prices to attract less visitors who spent a lot more money. So will they ever reach the necessary number of visitors? Probably not.

Robbiem

This is Paris not Orlando 😁

Theres a plot for the fourth hotel reserved since 1992. It’s quite telling - the promenade wall has a sticky out bit like Sequoia that’s opposite where the entrance should have been.

View attachment 745580
That site was originally going to be a Las Vegas themed hotel designed by Robert Venturi.
I remember from an old podcast that Tony Baxter was in part responsible for it being cancelled when imagineers came up with the idea of building Disneyland Hotel at the entrance. This blog has some good images

I can’t see this being built now so it would be interesting to see what we would get if the site does get built on

Toni25

That site was originally going to be a Las Vegas themed hotel designed by Robert Venturi.
I remember from an old podcast that Tony Baxter was in part responsible for it being cancelled when imagineers came up with the idea of building Disneyland Hotel at the entrance. This blog has some good images

I can’t see this being built now so it would be interesting to see what we would get if the site does get built on
Wow...thank god it was canceled 😂 but interesting piece of history nonetheless.
What's really interesting though is the hotel OPPOSITE of it?! That structure where Sequoia currently is.
Looks very modernist.

hoteld.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

The Vegas hotel was one of a number being banded about in the mid to late 80s. When the DL became a real hotel IIRC the 4th plot resort was proposed to be New Orleans themed.

Sir_Cliff

Comped

This is one resort where another park in the near to medium term seems like a mistake. They're still digging themselves out of the hole opening an under-cooked second park got them into and the two existing parks both have plenty of room for expansion and aren't really bursting at the seams yet.

Seems more like something that would be considered way down the path after they added the second new land to WDS, some new capacity to Parc Disneyland, fixed Disney Village, added a new hotel, and had some time to evaluate the impact of all those additions.
The contract seemingly requires it to be built (either by I believe 2030 or when they hit a certain guest count), so a 3rd gate will have to be built at some point in the near future. The contract actually requires 4 parks in all, and I believe a waterpark or two, so I was once told.

Markiewong

mrflo

"We’re excited to share Le Pays des Contes de Fées at Disneyland Paris will welcome two new scenes, “Frozen” and “Winnie the Pooh,” in 2024 in celebration of its 30-year anniversary! ... These new additions, as well as a complete refurbishment of the attraction, will take place over the course of next year."

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster

"We’re excited to share Le Pays des Contes de Fées at Disneyland Paris will welcome two new scenes, “Frozen” and “Winnie the Pooh,” in 2024 in celebration of its 30-year anniversary! ... These new additions, as well as a complete refurbishment of the attraction, will take place over the course of next year."

I guess Frozen is replacing Peter and the Wolf, where would Winnie the Pooh go?

When they added Tangled, it was at least an addition and not a replacement.

mrflo

My initial reaction is being very excited that this attraction is finally getting a proper refurbishment and some updates. Though I agree that it would have been even better to add new and not replace existing scenes.

DLP should also stop running down attractions to a miserable state. Seems like it is more attractive for them to make a whole PR story out of each single refurb rather than simply doing the work before it becomes more than overdue.

Toni25

This is actually so cool and exciting 😭 I'm such a dork for little additions like this.
But makes me wonder if/which scenes will be replaced...

Also curious if they're hinting at a possible interest in a future Winnie the Pooh attraction 👀

cjkeating

DLP should also stop running down attractions to a miserable state. Seems like it is more attractive for them to make a whole PR story out of each single refurb rather than simply doing the work before it becomes more than overdue.
To be fair to DLP I don't think this is the mindset of 'current' DLP in most circumstances.

I didn't know anything about the new scenes but it was clear that something was going to happen to LPDCF because it stood out like a sore thumb in Fantasyland as something that just seemed forgotten about.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is one of the projects that got delayed due to COVID and then delayed due to pushing expenditure into the new financial year so was always a project that was "happening soon" hence why they just let the attraction deteriorate as it did.

I hope Casey Jnr. gets a lick of paint during this closure as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom