MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Toni25

I would love to see a Winnie the Pooh area beyond Casey Jnr. linking around to Peter Pan.
That is exactly the spot I was thinking of...getting rid of that "Meet Mickey" building and have another access pathway to a Pooh area, even if it's just a "Fantasyland Theater" type of attraction and a new flat ride.
Would a Pooh trackless ride even fit there?

theRealist

I guess Frozen is replacing Peter and the Wolf, where would Winnie the Pooh go?

When they added Tangled, it was at least an addition and not a replacement.
The Rapunzel tower was never an addition. It was a replacement for the generic tower that was there since the attraction opened in 1994. When Tangled got released that tower was replaced by the one from the movie.
Screenshot_2023-10-10-13-05-25-833.jpg

cjkeating

That is exactly the spot I was thinking of...getting rid of that "Meet Mickey" building and have another access pathway to a Pooh area, even if it's just a "Fantasyland Theater" type of attraction and a new flat ride.
Would a Pooh trackless ride even fit there?
There isn’t a lot of room back there but the Tokyo Pooh including queue would fit with space for paths, snack kiosk, merch shop, meet and greet area etc.

I believe there is space for a tunnel to the left of Meet Mickey that was preplanned when the park opened so that building can stay like the one that currently leads to Casey Jnr. and the canal boats.

Sir_Cliff

The outdoor section of the Tower of Terror queue will be also covered.

This should also indirectly confirm that they are not planning to change the theme of ToT in WDS any time soon.

Interested (and happy) to hear the outdoor queue area for Peter Pan will also be covered.

I have waited in that long, winding queue quite a few times and wondered how the hell it works in the rain. I can just imagine standing there cold, miserable, and getting drenched!

cjkeating

Interested (and happy) to hear the outdoor queue area for Peter Pan will also be covered.

I have waited in that long, winding queue quite a few times and wondered how the hell it works in the rain. I can just imagine standing there cold, miserable, and getting drenched!
Yes. I have always found it weird that Peter Pan which always has the longest Fantasyland wait had an uncovered queue whilst most of the other attractions were covered. I think the Dumbo tents were an addition but Snow, Pinocchio, Tea Cups, IASW(?) have always been covered. Almost every other queue outside of FL is covered too, so glad this is happening.

Sir_Cliff

Yes. I have always found it weird that Peter Pan which always has the longest Fantasyland wait had an uncovered queue whilst most of the other attractions were covered. I think the Dumbo tents were an addition but Snow, Pinocchio, Tea Cups, IASW(?) have always been covered. Almost every other queue outside of FL is covered too, so glad this is happening.
Glad I'm not the only one who found that choice so weird! They created an undercover walkway that would get you almost all the way from Town Square to Fantasyland, and then left the bulk of the Fantasyland with the longest queue completely uncovered!

mrflo

Preview and installation video of the new light structure that will soon welcome guests at the entrance to the Disneyland Hotel.

I am personally not a fan of crystals and bling-bling in general. It's just not my taste. Hence, I am also not excited seeing this in the renovated DLH. However, I am still open to see how this will appear in real once it is complete and open to the public.

Robbiem

Preview and installation video of the new light structure that will soon welcome guests at the entrance to the Disneyland Hotel.

I am personally not a fan of crystals and bling-bling in general. It's just not my taste. Hence, I am also not excited seeing this in the renovated DLH. However, I am still open to see how this will appear in real once it is complete and open to the public.

It looks nice but I’m not sure it really goes with the hotel theme. It would look nice somewhere at the contemporary or Disneyland hotel IMO

Sir_Cliff

I think it looks good and fits the hotel's new focus on the princesses.

I also like the fact they're putting the effort into designing custom fittings for this hotel. Over in Florida, this refurbishments seem to always involve a generic 'contemporary' look that appears to have been selected and thrown together from a catalogue to vaguely approximate the theme of the hotel.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I believe there is space for a tunnel to the left of Meet Mickey that was preplanned when the park opened so that building can stay like the one that currently leads to Casey Jnr. and the canal boats.
Meet Mickey also already has a tunnel under the RR
The outdoor section of the Tower of Terror queue will be also covered.

This should also indirectly confirm that they are not planning to change the theme of ToT in WDS any time soon.

Also expect the Buzz overflow queue to be covered.

LondonTom

As usual a late announcement for another AP Party! Christmas-themed this time!

As late as it is and I do get complaints, especially since it is on a Thursday. Its actually worked out well for me as I was being indecisive about Christmas trip, just that it would be around this time, so should hopefully be going now! (Hopefully, the hotel line will be kind tomorrow and they might have an AP room rate left)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom