MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

fradz

New CM Name badges haven't gone down well online...

It is a fairly odd design and some odd choices were made for the weenies.

That design really sucks, so bland...

I'm bringing good news though!
1. Flame effects are back on Disney Dreams!

2. Ally seems to think the upcoming envelope, part of the $60B announcement, for Disneyland Paris is gonna be "a huge deal", that "the investment of 2018 is small potatoes (in French: du pipi de chat)", that the "development of the third land is well underway with an ambitious ride "

SweetDuffy101

Am i the only person here that feel bad for Disneyland paris as a castle park, ironically the park hasn't received an expansion for the past 20,30 years, The only castle park that hasn't received an expansion nor a brand new ride.

WDS expansion or Disney Village doesn't count.

They have a rotten boat and empty plot lands.
Its frustrating to see that disneyland park is not getting anything new land throughout 2030.

Indy_UK

Am i the only person here that feel bad for Disneyland paris as a castle park, ironically the park hasn't received an expansion for the past 20,30 years, The only castle park that hasn't received an expansion nor a brand new ride.

WDS expansion or Disney Village doesn't count.

They have a rotten boat and empty plot lands.
Its frustrating to see that disneyland park is not getting anything new land throughout 2030.

I agree but at the same time, I think it means they won’t just come along and drop a clone of Runaway Railway.

The park does need a new E-ticket but I’m OK waiting until after the studios expansion is complete

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Space Mountain and the Nautilus were additions. And Storybook land. And the Aladdin Walk through. And Indy.

But it does need More.

Toni25

2. Ally seems to think the upcoming envelope, part of the $60B announcement, for Disneyland Paris is gonna be "a huge deal", that "the investment of 2018 is small potatoes (in French: du pipi de chat)", that the "development of the third land is well underway with an ambitious ride "
They even mentioned that the third land is indeed Lion King and that it's called project "sun" ☀️

So curious what else is planned/going to be announced for the Studios or DLP. I'm pretty hyped, I've read rumors of Paris getting 10-15 billion for expansion...seems excessive

Toni25

paris needs it
Not that I don't agree, I just find it unbelievable.

If the 10 billion euro rumor is true, just imagine:
1. The Studios original expansion was like what, 2 billion euros? For 3 lands and a lake...they literally could REPEAT that;
2. Allocate even more for DLP, say 3 billion - every single land could see new rides and even a brand new land;
3. Another 2 billion for the Village/a new hotel/convention center;
4. They would still be left with 3 billion...and if they get more than 10 billion, there's enough for a third gate;

I'm so curious to see how things unfold.

Trekkie101

Just for fun, the older Apple Maps, to the newer bing maps, does seem to show the start of a berm where the third park would be…

Attachments

• IMG_1837.png
    IMG_1837.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1836.png
    IMG_1836.png
    793.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1835.png
    IMG_1835.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 117

Indy_UK

They even mentioned that the third land is indeed Lion King and that it's called project "sun" ☀️

So curious what else is planned/going to be announced for the Studios or DLP. I'm pretty hyped, I've read rumors of Paris getting 10-15 billion for expansion...seems excessive

It would be so welcome but if they are getting upwards of $15 billion then why are they putting the bare minimum into the Studios expansion? A lion King land would be incredible. I would hope that it doesn't eventually get cloned elsewhere either.

Can't imagine that Paris needs more hotels does it?

Also I don't want to de-rail too much but anyone know if Paris would be allowed to add DVC?

Last edited:

cjkeating

It would be so welcome but if they are getting upwards of $15 billion then why are they putting the bare minimum into the Studios expansion?
This alleged $15bn is from the $70bn that was announced a week or two ago. The WDSP expansion money is from what was announced in 2018. You would expect this money would go towards greenlighting the next rumoured land (Pandora) and then another lake land as well as unfunded projects in Disneyland Park.
Can't imagine that Paris needs more hotels does it?
In short it does. When things are “good” at DLP (no recesion, terrorism etc) in many years pre-COVID the hotels were close to capacity with discounting. Since COVID they have been at similar levels without discounting which they can of course bring back to stimulate demand.
Also I don't want to de-rail too much but anyone know if Paris would be allowed to add DVC?
I don’t know for sure but I’ve always been under the impression French timeshare laws aren’t that attractive to DVC but things could have changed.

UpAllNight

We stayed in Sequoia in February, and were excited for the indoor pool. It was however, too cold. I think as it was linked to the outside one possibly? Although I’ve found some European pools to be on the cold side, in general.

I‘m considering another winter trip, but the cold can be a little too much. The idea of a pool, and some relaxation is appealing.

Are my best options off site?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom