MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

wdrive

To get to the lake side you’ve been through security.

If you arrive by train you go through the Disney Village security as if you were heading to the parks.

I assume if you arrive at the south side you also have to go through security before entering the Village.

There certainly used to be security on the lake side of each hotel.

And Santa Fe doesn’t have security anymore if I’m not mistaken? You can reach any hotel via the lake through Santa Fe

wdrive

Yes, that’s what @marni1971 was saying.

There is a gap there.

And thinking about it, I did leave via the front entrance to the parking lot and I don’t remember seeing any security on my way out, my previous visit they were right by the main entrance with the bag scanners. May have just missed them as I wasn’t exactly looking for them but I’m pretty certain they weren’t there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And thinking about it, I did leave via the front entrance to the parking lot and I don’t remember seeing any security on my way out, my previous visit they were right by the main entrance with the bag scanners. May have just missed them as I wasn’t exactly looking for them but I’m pretty certain they weren’t there.
Sequoias lucky in that there is a little indoor corridor to the right of the main entrance doors they use as an “in” that has the checks in there . A bit like the DLH. Newport is the poor relation still using a tent outside. Not quite the upmarket experience.

Aside from covid checks I don’t think I’ve ever seen any security checks lakeside at any hotel. I assume the out of hours magic pass readers still wotk on those doors.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sequoias lucky in that there is a little indoor corridor to the right of the main entrance doors they use as an “in” that has the checks in there . A bit like the DLH. Newport is the poor relation still using a tent outside. Not quite the upmarket experience.

Aside from covid checks I don’t think I’ve ever seen any security checks lakeside at any hotel. I assume the out of hours magic pass readers still wotk on those doors.
We had to go through lakeside security scanners at Newport in 2018. I honestly don't remember if any of the other lake hotels had them.

Gusey

Cheyenne has a bag check when you walk into the main lobby building, and when people tried to use the right-hand side doors, they were made to walk back through the left doors for a bag check. But if you're not going into the main lobby, you can still get through to the rooms and river via a side entrance near the starbucks

mrflo

TWDC just announced their Q3 FY24 Earnings results. DLP was mentioned as part of the Q4 outlook as well:

"At our Experiences segment, we expect that the demand moderation we saw in our domestic businesses in Q3 could impact the next few quarters. While we are actively monitoring attendance and guest spending and aggressively managing our cost base, we expect Q4 Experiences segment operating income to decline by mid single digits versus the prior year, reflecting these underlying dynamics as well as impacts at Disneyland Paris from a reduction in normal consumer travel due to the Olympics, and some cyclical softening in China."

Full report here

Indy_UK

Can they really blame the Olympics when it’s only just been going on?

Surely a lot of people like my are staying away because so much of it is a building site

SplashJacket

Can they really blame the Olympics when it’s only just been going on?

Surely a lot of people like my are staying away because so much of it is a building site
I'm currently living in France and the whole country went from the normal summer tourism (absolutely slammed) to a complete ghost town in the couple of weeks leading up to the Olympics. I'm sure it'll be the same afterward as well.

The Olympic people are visiting, but everyone wrongly decided to avoid visiting (the country as a whole) since they expected it to be slammed, when in reality, now is a lovely time to visit anywhere in France (even Paris) thanks to the reduced crowds.

Markiewong

Ah, the good old Galaxy's Edge paradox.
And its nothing new either. It happens at every Olympics, not just because of the worry of the crowds but also because hotels gets super expensive. Everybody is trying to capitalise on the olympics.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney foresaw this coming long ago, and therefore decided to put walls up everywhere in the middle of the summer.

wdrive

And its nothing new either. It happens at every Olympics, not just because of the worry of the crowds but also because hotels gets super expensive. Everybody is trying to capitalise on the olympics.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney foresaw this coming long ago, and therefore decided to put walls up everywhere in the middle of the summer.

Their recent deals and shortening of park hours would suggest otherwise

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom