MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

LondonTom

Honestly, if I were managing DLP I don't think bringing back a second river boat would be high on my list of priorities. It's a shame for the Mark Twain to be rotting away, but does the park really need two river boats?
I guess operationally it might help with less wear and tear/capacity for busier days and you wouldn't have to take the whole experience down when Molly Brown needs work.

I wouldn't call it a priority buts it been so long its something they should get to, or just get rid of Mark Twain all together.

Sir_Cliff

There’s lots of things theme parks don’t really need but do anyway because it improves the overall experience
Sure, but it's not like Disneyland Paris is not spending money on refurbishments in recent years.

All I'm saying is that I imagine this isn't a cheap project and the capacity is not especially needed. So, if it came down to this or, for example, getting the smoke and mist effects running at the entrance to Frontierland and on Big Thunder or repairing the lights on Space Mountain, I think those kinds of details actually add more to the park experience than having two riverboats. If DLP hadn't been the only castle park to open with two riverboats, I think most of us would find proposals that the park should spend its budget adding a second one a little strange.

I kind of agree with @LondonTom, though, that they should actually refurb the Mark Twain or just establish that DLP now has one riverboat.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

If DLP hadn't been the only castle park to open with two riverboats, I think most of us would find proposals that the park should spend its budget adding a second one a little strange.
It did not open with both of them, but Magic Kingdom had two riverboats from 1973 - 1980. And while one is not a riverboat, Disneyland also still has two ships on its river.

LondonTom

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

If you heading to DLP, you can book a secret bar (with some extortionate pricing for cocktails?) to celebrate Deadpool and Wolverine coming out, at the HNY.

Sadly Lineberty makes it look like its only this week Wednesday through Friday (hopefully they at least wanna get rid of the cocktails next week as a couple of the lower price ones looked interesting!)
It’s supposedly until end of October. Need to push those Bob prices.

SplashJacket

If you heading to DLP, you can book a secret bar (with some extortionate pricing for cocktails?) to celebrate Deadpool and Wolverine coming out, at the HNY.

Sadly Lineberty makes it look like its only this week Wednesday through Friday (hopefully they at least wanna get rid of the cocktails next week as a couple of the lower price ones looked interesting!)
Extortionate pricing was somehow generous
IMG_2419.jpeg

LondonTom

So the Deadpool and Wolverine Pool actually seems pretty cool! (Still expensive but you do get a pin with the expensive cocktail!)

I guess Marvel/Marketing are paying to put all this in, but it seems to be really well done and could make DLP the place to be for the opening of Marvel films if they kept this sort of thing up? (Maybe some English showings of the movie in the Village cinema'😂 )

DCBaker

Premium Member
Natacha Rafalski has shared photos of the new bungalows at Disney Davy Crockett Ranch:

Here’s a first look at the upcoming, brand-new, eco-friendly bungalows at Disney Davy Crockett Ranch! 🏕️🪵 Their interiors are inspired by the adventures of beloved Disney Characters like Donald Duck and his nephews, and they will offer modern comforts and charming patios, perfect for roasting marshmallows under the moonlight. A model bungalow is already on-site for our test and adjust teams to perfect every detail before final delivery. This transformation is part of our ongoing commitment to reinvent our Disney Hotels with creative and groundbreaking offerings. Stay tuned for more updates!

IMG_34F2805EBAAB-1.jpeg
IMG_34F2805EBAAB-2.jpeg
IMG_34F2805EBAAB-3.jpeg
IMG_34F2805EBAAB-4.jpeg

nickys

Premium Member
Natacha Rafalski has shared photos of the new bungalows at Disney Davy Crockett Ranch:

Here’s a first look at the upcoming, brand-new, eco-friendly bungalows at Disney Davy Crockett Ranch! 🏕️🪵 Their interiors are inspired by the adventures of beloved Disney Characters like Donald Duck and his nephews, and they will offer modern comforts and charming patios, perfect for roasting marshmallows under the moonlight. A model bungalow is already on-site for our test and adjust teams to perfect every detail before final delivery. This transformation is part of our ongoing commitment to reinvent our Disney Hotels with creative and groundbreaking offerings. Stay tuned for more updates!

View attachment 803813View attachment 803814View attachment 803815View attachment 803816
I don’t understand why they don’t run a bus from the Ranch to the parks.
What is the rationale for making them inaccessible to those without a car?
Also, is Uber / taxi a viable alternative?

LondonTom

I don’t understand why they don’t run a bus from the Ranch to the parks.
What is the rationale for making them inaccessible to those without a car?
Also, is Uber / taxi a viable alternative?
Yeah, its always confused me. I've always wanted to stay there, even when we have gone with friends with a car, no one to bother with driving really. A Bus service would open it up to so many more people (but I guess maybe they are selling cabins without needing too?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom