MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

fradz

Personally? Blue sky?

A suitable indoor adventure ride next to Indy
A dark ride behind Fantasyland station and move Mickeys M&G to the originally planned site
A mermaid style attraction around the bypass entrance area
An original dark ride non-coaster behind Space Mountain
A suitable 3D movie in the theatre

Blue Blue sky:
Elaborate dark ride in the Videopolis building
New Quickserve behind Space Mountain
incorporate Star Tours with Rise of the Resistance in the park next door which would possibly release the existing Star Tours and theatre building area for my non-coaster dark ride
What Martin said for me. In that order of priority too

Gusey

I hope to get a few opinions on this.
Which lands in the main Park would YOU personally want to see expanded?
What rides do you believe the park would need asap or what would you really like to see built until 2030.
We all know that, probably, the company wants to focus on Star Wars behind Discoveryland, but is that what YOU would really want? I'm just curious.
I just want the dead ends gone:
Something between Indiana Jones and Pirates in Adventureland (Ideally a jungle jeep attraction themed to S.E.A. or Indiana Jones)
Something to make the back exit of Discoveryland to Fantasyland permanent (Little Mermaid with the queue on the side closest to Bella Notte, then a bridge over the path to the attraction)
Frontierland addition near the Frontierland Theater

Aramar

Something to make the back exit of Discoveryland to Fantasyland permanent (Little Mermaid with the queue on the side closest to Bella Notte, then a bridge over the path to the attraction)
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with a bridge over the path. There's enough space in front of Bella Notte and behind of Videopolis for building the Little Mermaid ride without needing any bridges, especially if the small building behind Videopolis can be moved somewhere else (are those prefabs? are they for the staff from the shows? They don't have any big shows in Videopolis anymore.)

They can ensure backstage access to Videopolis by putting another backstage gate right in front of the backstage gate for Bella Notte.

videopolis.png

Gusey

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with a bridge over the path. There's enough space in front of Bella Notte and behind of Videopolis for building the Little Mermaid ride without needing any bridges, especially if the small building behind Videopolis can be moved somewhere else (are those prefabs? are they for the staff from the shows? They don't have any big shows in Videopolis anymore.)

They can ensure backstage access to Videopolis by putting another backstage gate right in front of the backstage gate for Bella Notte.

View attachment 810133
I was thinking more like this, so it makes the path more permanent. At the moment, it's only open occasionally and even then, it feels like you've gone backstage. Without that path, you only have the main entrance from the hub to Discoveryland
1723925255455.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

That pretty much removes all the BOH access for Videopolis. All those burgers have to get in somehow.

Besides what I’m thinking would need more room than that 😁

Toni25

I love reading all these visions.

I.
So what we agree on regarding Discoveryland are the following:
-For Star Wars, we want the Star Tours to be integrated into Galaxy's Edge and have guests exit into the land.
-I would also prioritize a dark ride over a coaster (preferably an original ride over ROTR).
*That Mandalorian Coaster seems like the worst idea.
-I think I also want to see the theater building gone.
-I'd also love to see the Videopolis building repurposed into something...maybe a Soarin' type ride themed to
"Around the world in 80 days".
-Lastly, Astro Blasters gone and switched with Wall-E.

II.
-With that being said, I don't think Discoveryland expansion would be first on my personal expansion list.
-I think Adventureland needs a new ride much more. It's a bit subpar compared to other Adventurelands around the world and even compared to the other lands in the park.
-I have 3 versions for this expansion:
1. Copy Tropical Americas proposed for AK (Indiana ride & Encanto).
2. Newer, extended version of Indiana Coaster and a Jeep dark ride themed to Jungle Book or Up.
3. Just a new Indie dark ride.
Would love to see the original vision of having rides intersect: The railroad with the jeeps and the coaster/or a boat.
*I'd be LEAST excited for a Moana expansion.

III.
-This is just my pure fantasy. My favorite land is Frontierland. I know this might be the last land to need or get an expansion right now. I used to be such a big Winnetou, Mark Twain, Pocahontas Fan.
-I love anything Americana-Centric: The Wild West, Native Peoples, New Orleans/Old South, Colonial America.
(we can appreciate old aesthetics and history without embracing old values 😅).
-Would love to see Cowboy Cookout and the area beyond the train station transformed to either something that is an extension of Frontierland or anything that is somehow centered around Americana even if it’s not the West or from the same time period.
-A Pocahontas ride would be a dream or the old concept of the Western River Expedition. I know Disney would never do something like this nowadays because they’re all about erasing history.
-I also love the „Grizzly” environment of California/Pacific North-West or something Yellowstone/American nature inspired. Very unlikely to go with something Non IP based.
-Lastly, another alternative would be an area inspired by New Orleans/French-American heritage.
*The worst expansion I could think of would be Coco, strongly against it.

IV.
-No strong opinions on Fantasyland, a lot of different things would work for me.
-Winnie the Pooh underneath Train Station.
-Mermaid and/or Beauty and The Beast next to Small World. Wouldn't be against a Villains Land either in that area.
*Wouldn't want Runaway Railway in this park, but also not the worst idea.

*Why do I feel like the things I bolded are EXACTLY what Disney wants to/plans to do.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was thinking more like this, so it makes the path more permanent. At the moment, it's only open occasionally and even then, it feels like you've gone backstage. Without that path, you only have the main entrance from the hub to Discoveryland
View attachment 810134
My very rough idea has an entry focal point with a mini harbour and buildings similar to the movie / Orlando. Covered queue and exit on a stone style bridge across the bypass and railroad to a show building behind the berm:

IMG_1707.jpeg

Toni25

My very rough idea has an entry focal point with a mini harbour and buildings similar to the movie / Orlando. Covered queue and exit on a stone style bridge across the bypass and railroad to a show building behind the berm:

View attachment 810138
To me this feels like the most realistic version.
That showbuilding must for sure go beyond the train tracks, the space is too small and tight otherwise.

infloencer

*I'd be LEAST excited for a Moana expansion.
While I agree that the other options would be far more exciting, could you imagine a Shanghai Pirates style Moana ride? It could be truly epic. However I might be biased since Shanghai pirates is my all time favorite dark ride and I think POVs don’t do it justice, you really have to experience it in real life

Aramar

View attachment 810138
Oh, I hope this never happens lol. I prefer having a smaller dark ride on the plot behind Videopolis without crossing the path (after all, that's where the original suspended dark ride for the little mermaid wa splanned) and then a second large E-ticket on the expansion pack beyond the train tracks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom