MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Trekkie101

April 2025 I believe?

The lake show I’m still betting is a version of fantasmic, they bought the barges from Tokyo. It could have a nice big drone dragon.

If you haven’t seen - Bastille day had a mix of fireworks and drones that was very impressive too

mrflo

DLP is not impressed with OutsideEars and Ally beating them to the punch😂 (They should be maybe consider advertising some of the upcoming things then 😂)
Ally mentioned on X to have some (internal?) documents about the LK expansion. I guess DLP got worried about potential leaks of those and not being able to control the narrative. Not sure what this says about the quality of the project. Just the scale and importance of it might have raised their alarm bells. Though it kinda does confirm that Ally's information is once again legit.

With Studio 1 closing for its rehab/reconfiguration in spring, it would be a really good time to finally provide a proper holistic update to the whole WDS expansion story including new artwork, updated timelines, 3rd land announcement and hopefully more details on the vision & overall future theme of the park. A little preview centre might be too much of an ask. But another local D23 event in April for the announcements would be reasonable.

nickys

Premium Member
Whoever's in charge of Nighttime Spectaculars at DLP these days is gunning for a prize, and quite frankly deserves one.
@marni1971 or anyone else, would David Duffy have been behind this? Or was he more to do with shows and parades?

Whichever it is, I hope it bodes well for WDW but at the same time I hope DLP continues to produce live entertainment of the same quality. It seems to be leagues ahead of WDW at the moment.

LondonTom

I wasn't expecting to go this year (was planning to do D23 and ignoring its 2 weeks after the Paris Olympics events I got tickets for)...but just tacked on a quick 3-day trip for when we visit Paris for the Olympics!!

First time in many years, without APs!! but staying at NBC and got the Royal Banquet, Manhattan (after failing to go last year on both trips for weird reasons) and Pyms booked in already.

199-day countdown!!!

Disney Analyst

I didn’t want to post this until I saw it publicly announced, but one of my beloved colleagues passed away suddenly last week while skiing in Mammoth. John Verity and I were two of the leads on Hong Kong Disneyland. John also worked on Disneyland Paris as project manager for Frontierland, and going back further, was a major force in the building of Tokyo Disneyland. John came from a long line of Disney “Veritys” starting w/his grandfather, who in the 1930s was a carpenter at the Hyperion Studios. John’s father Erwin produced the True Life Adventures, and his brother Jim, who I also worked with, helped pioneer Audio-Animatronics.

But of the Veritys, John was the leadership model, calmly and thoughtfully finding solutions to problems I would have thought were insurmountable. Older than me, and calmer and wiser, he was the very model of what an Imagineering project manager should be, and a true partner.

At Disneyland Paris, the Main Street window honoring John has been draped in black, as firemen do for a fallen brother.

(Thanks to Robin Reardon for the window photo).

LondonTom

The Sleeping Beauty Castle has been manifested at two new locations at DLP - one as a painting above the fireplace in the newly renovated DLH and the other one in form of a plaque in front of Main Street Station:

I dislike both for slightly different reasons 😂

The Main Street station one especially but its more its location than how it looks.

The DLH painting feels like a poorer version of the concept art it is based on but given the change of theme inside anyway, who cares.

999th Happy Haunt

Anyone know the status of hyperspace mountain right now? Someone I know is going tomorrow and the website says it’s closed even though every refurbishment schedule I can find says 25-26

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom