MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

cjkeating

I take this has been out for a while? I've never noticed it since I started visiting in 2017! It may have taken a while but it looks excellent!
I don't remember ever seeing this on in the last 10 years.

Ironically there is a story about how when it was installed it was shining into the windows of Disneyland Hotel so was turned off but now this long lost effect comes back the week the hotel reopens.

Kevin_W

I quite like the style of the new floats!

Not so sure about the Pixie Hollow theme going on for the Main Street/Plaza decorations though (But I am happy to see how it turns out)

Can't say I'm a fan. I'd rather they keep the whimsical character statues from the 30th anniversary.

mrflo

I really like how they did a proper refurb bringing the whole infrastructure to today's standards. The hotel definitely needed that. If you are a fan of the Disney Princess brand, it might be now the #1 place to stay - probably even worldwide. With Frozen land, Tangled spinner ride and the Princess-themed restaurant at the lake, DLP is really doubling down on this brand and its target audience. I guess DLP market research must have shown an even stronger demand and potential growth for anything Disney Princess related.

I am personally not a fan of the Disney Princess / royalty theme and would have preferred if some facilities including some rooms had non-royalty Disney themes - e.g. Peter Pan. I mean it's still called the Disneyland Hotel after all. DLP is also a celebration of Americana culture in Europe and the DLH always felt like an American grand hotel from a different time to me. Apart from the added Disney elements, the hotel now feels way more European to me and the decor like many other high-priced hotels that you can already find in many major European cities. I guess that in particular might actually make it even more attractive for many guests - in particular to many American fans. Hence, I am sure the hotel will be a monetary success and hopefully bring in some extra cash to invest back into the parks.

I used to stay in the DLH a couple of times - in particular during the later 90s - and it was one of my favourite hotels to stay with many great memories. After its transformation I feel way less inclined to go back and - apart from its superb location - for that price would prefer other hotels instead.

Has anyone already been in the transformed DLH? Any trips already planned?

nickys

Premium Member
Has anyone already been in the transformed DLH? Any trips already planned?
Not at the prices they now charge lol!

From reports I’ve read so far it seems they rushed to open. Hallway carpets not down, painting still ongoing etc. And this was in hallways where people were staying.

The public areas got a thumbs up though.

NotCalledBob

I am at DLP from the 11th for 6 days. We are booked into NBC. But, I've snagged a booking for my daughter at Mon Rêve Royal. So hoping to get a peek at the DLH then.

While I am here, does anyone have any room recommendations for NBC? We've not been to DLP before, so pretty clueless on what to request. We've just booked a standard room.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am at DLP from the 11th for 6 days. We are booked into NBC. But, I've snagged a booking for my daughter at Mon Rêve Royal. So hoping to get a peak at the DLH then.

While I am here, does anyone have any room recommendations for NBC? We've not been to DLP before, so pretty clueless on what to request. We've just booked a standard room.
Newport is very nice. Cape Cod does a mean fish/ meat buffet in the evenings but you may not want to sacrifice park time for it.

cjkeating

Who cast the fairy godmother and why is she more like the fairy goddaughter?
Haven’t watched the video yet but saw some pictures on Twitter. At a guess she could be from Mickey and the Magician as they tend to cast her young in that which personally I think fits the show well.

Disney Analyst

Haven’t watched the video yet but saw some pictures on Twitter. At a guess she could be from Mickey and the Magician as they tend to cast her young in that which personally I think fits the show well.

But the character is an old lady. I don’t get it 😭

Magic Kingdom and Disneyland have the casting down for that role perfectly, why is Paris casting a young person 😅😭🙃😝??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom