MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

ryno1982

I haven't been over to Newport Bay for a while so what's the problem? Is it just dirty? The "wood" panels are plastic so they can't be rotting?
Probably not rot, but filthy-looking nonetheless.

Photo I found from AirMagique taken in 2022:

1701710925517.png

And a screenshot from video I shot out of our room in 2022:

1701711000413.png

LondonTom

Standard operating procedure for DLP seems to be to let it rot to the point where it needs entirely rebuilt, then learn nothing and not touch it again once it's rebuilt so it looks terrible again in a couple years. See Newport Bay Club exterior or Castle roof as examples.
I didn't notice anything glaringly obvious a couple of weeks ago (but then again, it ended up being an odd trip with us not doing many rides for various reasons).

I wonder if the positions are more for the expansions as they come online? (Is Flight Force still having issues?) (Then again maybe its like 3rd shift, hence having a few things and shows, actually closed during guest hours for a couple of weeks when they can?).

I'm gutted I missed this opening by a few days, I'll miss Cafe Mickey, but this looks like it will fill that breakfast-time hole in DLP's food offerings nicely! (I'm sure the other stuff is great too. I tried the Royal Pub and for all my mocking of it it looked like a Wetherspoons the cocktails and food were decent and the staff seemed competent. Maybe the best burger on the resort?)

cjkeating

Standard operating procedure for DLP seems to be to let it rot to the point where it needs entirely rebuilt, then learn nothing and not touch it again once it's rebuilt so it looks terrible again in a couple years. See Newport Bay Club exterior or Castle roof as examples.
I didn't notice anything glaringly obvious a couple of weeks ago
I think DLP has a very specific intention of if it knows something is going to have a mega refurbishment in the future (and this could be 2-3 years away) they'll take a step back on maintenance. The most obvious area recently has been Le Pays des Contes de Fees where the overall got pushed back and back and back and unfortunately the ride was stuck in a pretty grim state. Space Mountains external lighting is another example of this.

Re: castle roof this was a Dreams related accident which will get fixed. NBP I am not aware of any specific problems, at most it might need repainting at some point in the future, the panels have now been subjected to 10 years of Paris weather.

cjkeating

I'm gutted I missed this opening by a few days, I'll miss Cafe Mickey, but this looks like it will fill that breakfast-time hole in DLP's food offerings nicely! (I'm sure the other stuff is great too. I tried the Royal Pub and for all my mocking of it it looked like a Wetherspoons the cocktails and food were decent and the staff seemed competent. Maybe the best burger on the resort?)
Initial impressions of Rosalie have been very good which is very rare amongst the DLP fan community. I am hoping this is a good first step in the DV renewal.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think DLP has a very specific intention of if it knows something is going to have a mega refurbishment in the future (and this could be 2-3 years away) they'll take a step back on maintenance. The most obvious area recently has been Le Pays des Contes de Fees where the overall got pushed back and back and back and unfortunately the ride was stuck in a pretty grim state. Space Mountains external lighting is another example of this.

Re: castle roof this was a Dreams related accident which will get fixed. NBP I am not aware of any specific problems, at most it might need repainting at some point in the future, the panels have now been subjected to 10 years of Paris weather.
Space Mountains lighting is unforgivable though - upcoming internal refurb or not. It wasn’t brilliant in 2019 - last time I saw all the roof with at least some lighting:

IMG_9108.jpeg

and it’s just got worse since

Last edited:

cjkeating

Space Mountains lighting is unforgivable though - upcoming internal refurb or not. It wasn’t brilliant in 2019 - last time I saw all the roof with at least some lighting:

View attachment 758839

and it’s just got worse since
Oh yeah. Wasn’t defending this practise. But it’s quite clear the view is “it’s broken, we aren’t fixing it, we’ll wait for the refurb and replace it all.” Last time I went as far as I could tell the lighting is either completely broken or turned off as it is so broken.

I do wonder how they are going to retrack it? Was it build to retrack it from the inside or are they going to have to remove a portion of the dome to crane in the track? This is the method they used for Eurosat at Europa Park. [Also this isn’t confirmed just it’s going to need to be retracked at some point this decade.]

ryno1982

That makes sense and maybe explains why Disney Village also looked like a nightmare in 2022.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oh yeah. Wasn’t defending this practise. But it’s quite clear the view is “it’s broken, we aren’t fixing it, we’ll wait for the refurb and replace it all.” Last time I went as far as I could tell the lighting is either completely broken or turned off as it is so broken.

I do wonder how they are going to retrack it? Was it build to retrack it from the inside or are they going to have to remove a portion of the dome to crane in the track? This is the method they used for Eurosat at Europa Park. [Also this isn’t confirmed just it’s going to need to be retracked at some point this decade.]
The majority of the track was installed with the roof on. Assuming it’s re tracked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom