MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

cjkeating

Seriously. All the projects and redevelopments across the resort are starting to be hard to keep up with.
Withstanding new announcements once Fantasy Springs is open at Tokyo Paris is the only Disney Park in the world with announced, confirmed and shovel in the ground new attractions on the way... (unless someone can correct me? Tiana's are a retheme and Tokyo Space Mountain is close but still technically a replacement even if it is going to be a brand new experience).

Whilst the pace feels slow hopefully DV 2.0 will kick up a gear next year, Sequoia lodge can't be too far away and I'm very interested to see the changes in the backstage areas once the Dreams building is open behind Discoveryland... plus we are due the Lion King(?) land announcement that may have a hint as to what's happening with Star Wars at the resort.

[Edit...]I forgot the continued flooring works across Disneyland Park, which Studio Park is now joining in on with the 'Theatre District' redevelopment about to start plus the Fantasyland roof/facade project. Oh and the removal of the HNY security tents. I am sure there is more!

[Edit 2...] The Peter Pan/Tower of Terror/Casey Corner weatherproofing. I'll let someone else add to the list now. :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I do wonder how they are going to retrack it? Was it build to retrack it from the inside or are they going to have to remove a portion of the dome to crane in the track? This is the method they used for Eurosat at Europa Park. [Also this isn’t confirmed just it’s going to need to be retracked at some point this decade.]

LondonTom

Looks like DLP might be getting that much-needed kick up the behind for new projects/expansions:

Universal potentially coming to the UK (if they can get past the nimbyism!)

Website launched! Interesting times ahead!

Interesting! Sad, I didn't force myself to do Hyperspace on my last trip now 😂 (As as much I'd like it to go, I haven't done it for a while as SM is the limits of me enjoying coasters so I have to psyche myself up for/be forced by friends😂)

If they have to do retrack soonish? Why not just do it in this refurb? Surely its easier to do it all at once?

cjkeating

Whoever's in charge of Nighttime Spectaculars at DLP these days is gunning for a prize, and quite frankly deserves one.
DLP needs to get a budget to produce its own Dreams/Illuminations replacement.

At least I hope they have significant control over the new WDSP lake show. The local team hit it out of the park way more often than the US parks do nowadays…

jrhwdw

DLP needs to get a budget to produce its own Dreams/Illuminations replacement.

At least I hope they have significant control over the new WDSP lake show. The local team hit it out of the park way more often than the US parks do nowadays…
Do we have a rumored date for that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom