MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

LondonTom

Very jealous. I so wanted to go but I‘d need to be back home before noon on Friday which although logistically I might just make it with about 3 minutes to spare, I am not sure I’d be in a physical state to be able to do what I need to do once I got back.
I got very lucky in that we sort of had rough plans to go around that week to go do the Christmas things but hadn't booked into anything yet before they announced it, and then the date got announced via the social media accounts just as we were trying to make up our minds. So it kind of settled our plans for us 😂

Very thankful as normally we wouldn't have the opportunity to drop everything with how close they tend to announce the party dates!

LondonTom

Any reason why Disney Dreams Of Christmas is not back this year? Looks like Stars on Parade is done for the year as well?
Normal Dreams is better 👀

Stars on Parade feels odd, if we had got an extra Christmas parade time back (so 3 times) I could understand, hopefully, they are fixing it. Christmas does feel a little light with only getting Lets Sing Christmas on top of the parade too.

Feel like Studios needs something other than just L'Hiver Gourmand at least.

wdrive

IMG_6461.jpeg

Not sure what paint they used for this but it can’t have been the right one

LondonTom

While the Parade Show and Drone sound great, I am less enthused about the changes to Main Street...

However, I am curious, as there is a chance this might look more tasteful in real life.

In other news, there is a randomly two more Christmas shows that are late to the season start and have no times/not been announced 😂 This seems an odd strategy from DLP to not advertise offerings...

nickys

Premium Member
While the Parade Show and Drone sound great, I am less enthused about the changes to Main Street...

However, I am curious, as there is a chance this might look more tasteful in real life.

In other news, there is a randomly two more Christmas shows that are late to the season start and have no times/not been announced 😂 This seems an odd strategy from DLP to not advertise offerings...

I like the shows. The concept art is hard to interpret, for a start I think the halo effects are over done in that picture. I guess we’ll have to wait for actual photos to see the reality. The road projections look cool though, maybe the “100” logo on the floor of Studio One was a trial run. 😆

cjkeating

I could be wrong but I have a feeling this will only be performed on days when there is no private party in the evening. Therefore it will be presented unannounced as “surprise and delight”… my theory can be tested whenever the first early close is.

LondonTom

I could be wrong but I have a feeling this will only be performed on days when there is no private party in the evening. Therefore it will be presented unannounced as “surprise and delight”… my theory can be tested whenever the first early close is.
Seems even worse for guests 😂 You get an early close and less entertainment 😂

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
According to a local newspaper DLP is having a challenging time recruiting for 200 technical positions, including 120 in maintenance for the attractions. Seems like a lot of neglect and delayed rehabilitation projects are primarily a lack of staff issue.

Source: Le Parisien: "8,500 positions to be filled at Disneyland Paris: “It’s difficult to find maintenance skills”
Neglect? Whilst not perfect the resort is still looking the best it has since probably 1992 !

mrflo

Neglect? Whilst not perfect the resort is still looking the best it has since probably 1992 !
Depends on the area or attraction we are talking about and probably not the resort in total. There are still some attractions that are desperately and visibly in need of a proper renovation - e.g. Space Mountain, La Cabane des Robinson, etc. I have definitely seen those in a much better shape before. Even the newly renovated castle roofing could already benefit from some little maintenance love. Hopefully DLP will be able to recruit for those open positions quickly to address those areas.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Depends on the area or attraction we are talking about and probably not the resort in total. There are still some attractions that are desperately and visibly in need of a proper renovation - e.g. Space Mountain, La Cabane des Robinson, etc. I have definitely seen those in a much better shape before. Even the newly renovated castle roofing could already benefit from some little maintenance love. Hopefully DLP will be able to recruit for those open positions quickly to address those areas.
The castle tiles seem more of a problem with the way the overhaul was done. I’d hope. Same for some of the iasw facades. Space Mountain - inside and out - definitely falls into the “whilst not perfect” category. The exterior lighting is a pet peeve of mine. Conversely I’ve seen effects I didn’t know existed; flames on the rotunda outside Captain Jacks and on the Frontierland sign. PM is still smoking and the shutters are still clanging. Again, not perfect, but overall far far better than 20 years ago. Even 10 years ago.

mrflo

Again, not perfect, but overall far far better than 20 years ago. Even 10 years ago.
Oh, absolutely. The years before Project Sparkle were a low point for DLP. Fully agree that we are way passed those days. My point was not really to complain about the current imperfections in the park. The news article actually shows to me that DLP would not hire that many new employees for maintenance if they did not plan to put even more effort into it. The fact that they are struggling - like many other parks - to quickly fill all those positions would just explain that DLP might have to make some compromises and address some of the renovations a bit later than they would like to.

Talking about SM renovation - seems like this one might be coming soon. At least that's what I am reading from this message:

ryno1982

Standard operating procedure for DLP seems to be to let it rot to the point where it needs entirely rebuilt, then learn nothing and not touch it again once it's rebuilt so it looks terrible again in a couple years. See Newport Bay Club exterior or Castle roof as examples.

cjkeating

Standard operating procedure for DLP seems to be to let it rot to the point where it needs entirely rebuilt, then learn nothing and not touch it again once it's rebuilt so it looks terrible again in a couple years. See Newport Bay Club exterior or Castle roof as examples.
I haven't been over to Newport Bay for a while so what's the problem? Is it just dirty? The "wood" panels are plastic so they can't be rotting?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom