Magic Kingdom - what's your favorite land and why?

What's your favorite land in the Magic Kingdom?

• Main Street USA

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Tomorrowland

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Mickey's Toontown Fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fantasyland

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • Liberty Square

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • Frontierland

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • Adventureland

Votes: 21 18.1%

• Total voters

klineski96

Original Poster
What is your favorite land in the Magic Kingdom and why?
Main Street USA
Tomorrowland
Mickey's Toontown Fair
Fantasyland
Liberty Square
Frontierland
Adventureland

Personally I think my favorite is Liberty Square. Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride, Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe is one of my wife and I's favorite shops anywhere on property, the area outside of the Hall Of Presidents is my favorite spot to watch the Boo To You parade, the Liberty Belle loads and unloads there, and eating lunch on the 2nd floor of the Columbia Harbour House tucked away in the corner next to the windows is good food and a great view.

There are so many wonderful things, big and small, that make me appreciate each land individually, and I have so many fond memories in every part of the Magic Kingdom. But Liberty Square is my favorite land, although I simply love them all.

toystorymaniacs

That's a really good question, but really hard. I went with Main Street because of the way it make me feel. As soon as I come out form under the train station and hear the music I start to cry and smile all at the same time. I always want to just stand there and take it all in.

krankenstein

My favorite land at MK is really a toss up between Tomorrowland and Liberty Square. I love the theming of Liberty Square and all of little touches that go overlooked. HM and HoP are two of my favorite attractions. However, I have to give an edge to Tomorrowland. The Avenue of the Planets is simply amazing at night. You have CoP, TTA, and Space which are 3 of my all time favorite attractions. I love the music, and the atmosphere of land. I just have to give the edge to TL.

DisneyPrincess5

It's so hard to just pick one!
My favorite is Tomorrowland!
I love the atmosphere and attractions.
Or Adventureland or Frontierland or Liberty Square...
Oh I just love the whole thing! MK is my favorite park for this very reason...it's all just great :D

goodtimes5286

tomorrowland is my fav and always has been. I think with the 2 stitch additions it's taken a hit, but MILF and BLSRS were both upgrades. If they brought back AE, I might even go with stitches lame celebration as an upgrade (as long as it eats people), but idk i havent seen it yet. And closing the TL theater is gonna be depressing this christmas.

Other ways to make it better, Wall-E dark ride/Cars dark ride where TLSW is (building the building past the train tracks so the train can see a certain part of the ride). Altering the TTA track so that it goes in EVERY attraction (SIR in AE, over TLSW, through MILF, around the rockets, and viewing CoP's final scene). Re replacing SGE with AE (i cant emphasize that enough, and the other poll shows that im not the only one , with 60% of pollers on my side). And finally doing something with CoP so that people will go inside of it.

Imo
MSUSA - doesnt have anything to really make it a FAV, maybe if there was an attraction or something, but that would really throw off the flow. I think its the only land that was perfect when it was built. If they touch nothing else in MK forever, MSUSA will be the only flawless land (as long as it's kept up)
AL - not enough to make it a fave. PoTC is nice, but there are problems with it. JC is old and relys on the power of the skipper (and i never get lucky). The swiss family tree house i dont even go near, same thing with the tiki room (since i dont like song and dance), and why would I ride the magic carpets? Maybe an indy/indy's son ride, and the blue bayou would work nicely.
FrontL - This area is pretty solid, but theres too much it's missing. Yes 2 of the 3 mountains is nice. But all the rest is lack luster. Something across the road from all the shops would be nice. A childs attraction or two, and a show or another adult ride. It's got tom sawyer (that needs to be replaced, probably with the adult ride) and CBJ (which is a good show, but i havent been in a while). Also a big time attraction or shop would do well in this land.
LS - too small, def not enough. It's like a more adult MTTF imo
FanL - too kiddy for me. Although the resturant where you can see inside is a nice add (except for the fact it overlooks a ride i refuse to go on).
MTTF - too small, too few attractions, no draw, no big resturant, no big shop. Even the main ride (barnstormer) is sadly weak. It should honestly be absorbed into FanL n TL and give the other edge of FanL to LS so that it can be built up even more.
TL - has it all. A ton of attractions, shows, thrill rides, kid attractions, a leisure ride, a huge themed resturant, and Mickies Star Traders! Yes it needs help to make it utterly perfect (like a second thrill ride), but its one of the most solid lands (pre stitch of course). I'm just waiting till MK executives destroy the entire land with stitch so that I can make another land my fav....

mro415

Main street because of that feeling that we all know so well.. just to sit on main street and eat caseys while waiting for the parade. * sigh*... wish i was there now.

This is a hard one it's a toss up at this point in my life.Probably Main St it just gives me that magical feeling and brings back memories of going there when I was a kid. However, Fanstayland at this point is a very close second because I really can see the excitement and "magic" in my kids eyes when we hit Fantasyland. Just thinking about that is making me smile now.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I said Main Street because once you step through the gates youre on Main Street and you know right away you are "home", and youve finally made it!

I love HM more than anything but I dont get pumped about being in Liberty Square.

As soon as a hit Main Street excitement takes over.

CBug88

Frontierland for me! Ever since I was young, I loved riding the train over there (passing PoTC and listening to the 'jungle music' of Adventureland) and getting off to ride Splash and Thunder then to make my way through the briar patch store. Can't wait till July!

S. Paridon

Frontierland.

I think its the whole ambiance of the Wild West. I remember watching the Pecos Bill cartoon, the DD's set in the West, etc. It brings back my childhood...and what little boy didn't want to be a cowboy???

Beccone

Main Street is my favorite, I could see and people watch all day. Second is Fantasyland, just because my little ones get so excited about being there.

DizneyPryncess

Since I was a little girl, it's always been Tomorrowland. I love the futuristic vibe, and the music that plays. It's not even really the rides that do it for me, it's just the theme.

GatorGambit

What, no votes for Mickey's Birthday Celebration Toontown Fair Land?

It used to be Tomorrowland for me. The themeing is second to none, but the attractions that really tied the themeing together were destroyed by Stitch and Pixar. Buzz is fine. AstroOrbiter is a push - looks cool, never been an impressive attraction. The Speedway needs to be put out to pasture - it should have received the attention SGE was given. Stitch's Great Mistake and MILF are bigtime buzz killers. SM and TTA are closed, and were the real heart of the land.

Adventureland FTW now. Amazing theming (alhthough not as impressive from backstage between Adventureland and Main Street...yuck). Jungle Cruise is still one of my favorites - I'll take a mediocre guide over robo-spiel at Backlot Tour or Living With the Land any day. Tiki Room is a push for me, I can take it or leave it. Treehouse is a classic and a nice change of pace. Magic Carpets is to Adventureland what AstroOrbiter is to Tomorrowland - kinetics, but kinda lackluster as a ride. Better shopping. Dole Whips. PotC.

trr1

i used to like fantasyland untill they ripped out 20k luts and put in poohs playland :hurl: but i love hop and libertt square

Animaniac93-98

Despite the crappy merchandise, lack of West Center Street and no breakfast at Tony's or attractions like the Cinema or Walt Disney Story anymore, it's Main Street for me.

The architecture, music, food, entertainment (welcome show, streetmosphere characters, trolley show etc.) are all great for me.

Liberty Square would be second and may even be first, but I haven't tried eating at the Tavern yet or seen HoP 4.0.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom