Magic Kingdom No Longer to be Dry

aladdin2007

I can honestly say I really don't have a problem with this. It's thematically appropriate considering the French love of wine and the Tavern title in Gastons. Yes, those who want to name me Vice President of the so-called "Doom & Gloomer" club, I am actually defending management in this case.

I agree that it does fit in with the french theme etc, and I have no problem with them serving wine etc in an upscale dining like BOG, but what bothers me is the motive behind it. Its simply TDO's money hungry eyes all over this, thats all that matters to them nothing else. It does irk me that they are doing this in Fantasyland of all places. But on the other hand, it does fit the theme, and so I dont know I feel a yin-yang with it. Down the road is what has me more concerned, this is only the beginning. Epcot is bad enough on weekend nights and special events nights, family atmosphere it is not sometimes, have seen plenty happen there to warrent not wanting to be there much at night. But Epcot is a different beast anyway.

NEL

Ok.. let me keep it simple for you. You don't know what he would or want do today.

And inferring the man could never have NEW thoughts.. is rather belittling of a man who was known from his drive to keep moving forward.

I dont know how simple my posts have to be. I never claimed I knew what he would do or not do. You do seem to think you know what he would or would not do according to your posts. Once again, moving forward, having drive, or having new ideas does not mean or equate serving alcohol at the MK.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hey guys, let us keep this thread civil so we can talk about the issue at hand. Don't start throwing insults around at each other. Thanks.

sponono88

Not sure how this will all work out so I will take a wait-and-see approach. Doesn't bother me too much, although I do think it's ironic that the first place to sell alcohol in the MK will be Fantasyland.

"Fantasyland is dedicated to the young, and the young at heart and to all those who want to have a beer or two."

Goofyernmost

To me it's like the Big Ugly Hat in DHS. By itself it's not a bad idea, but when you throw in the location it is just plain awful. Alcohol served in Fantasyland, the one land that really is designed for children. What are they thinking? Seriously! If smokers are told to only smoke in certain places than alcohol consumption has a place as well and frankly...Fantasyland is not the place. IMHO!:cool:

cbsav

If many of you are going to play the "This isn't what Walt would have wanted" game, you do realize Walt never wanted the Magic Kingdom in Florida to begin with, right?

cbsav

To me it's like the Big Ugly Hat in DHS. By itself it's not a bad idea, but when you throw in the location it is just plain awful. Alcohol served in Fantasyland, the one land that really is designed for children. What are they thinking? Seriously! If smokers are told to only smoke in certain places than alcohol consumption has a place as well and frankly...Fantasyland is not the place. IMHO!:cool:

You can put it in any context you want to prove a point. My context: I think they're trying to make this restaurant one of the the more upscale dinning experiences in a Disney theme park...which does require having a wine offering. IMHO.

WDWmazprty

Be our guest, be our guest....

HomerSimpson22.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom