Magic Kingdom All The Time Thread

moreno

I doubt it. We're lucky that we have some leniency with the script...as opposed to Great Movie Ride.

This got me thinking...

Front line CM's running loose with a script...not a good idea. The storyline on spieled attractions is all over the place. Disney really needs to invest in some standards of show quality on some of those attractions IMHO. Im all for adding spice and flavor to the script...but the additions that CM's add always seem to be referencing something that completely ruins the story and thus the guest experience.

SirGoofy

This got me thinking...

Front line CM's running loose with a script...not a good idea. The storyline on spieled attractions is all over the place. Disney really needs to invest in some standards of show quality on some of those attractions IMHO. Im all for adding spice and flavor to the script...but the additions that CM's add always seem to be referencing something that completely ruins the story and thus the guest experience.

People always seem to laugh at my non-scripted jokes, so I'm okay with it.

moreno

People always seem to laugh at my non-scripted jokes, so I'm okay with it.

i like funny...just not in the name of abandoning the storyline.

another thought...maybe if wdw made it easier for guests to comment on things they see, whether its good or bad, that might encourage more guest feedback. comment boxes all around the parks?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This got me thinking...

We were talking about the Jungle Cruise; the script has always been loosely written and incorporating long standing cast member ad libs.
While the ad libs may be not explicitly condoned by WDI, they are still expected all the same. A trip though JC sticking to the "Official" spiel would be boring indeed.
Bravo to the JC cast members. :sohappy:
i like funny...just not in the name of abandoning the storyline.

another thought...maybe if wdw made it easier for guests to comment on things they see, whether its good or bad, that might encourage more guest feedback. comment boxes all around the parks?

So can you tell us what the storyline is and why you think it has been abandoned?

Second point - Do you really think it's that difficult to express your dissatisfaction at City Hall or to the nearest Cast Member?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
While the ad libs may be not explicitly condoned by WDI, they are still expected all the same. A trip though JC sticking to the "Official" spiel would be boring indeed.
Guess what`s coming?

SirGoofy

Based on some of the other happenings around the parks and other attractions....I'd guess recorded spiels. Ugh.

- Living with the Land - recorded
- Backlot Tour - recorded

If that happens...I seriously may never visit WDW again.

I know that may seem rash, but the thing I look forward to the most now is getting up in front of the guests and making them laugh. If the JC gets a recorded spiel it will seriously rip my heart out.:cry:

Main Street USA

If that happens...I seriously may never visit WDW again.

I know that may seem rash, but the thing I look forward to the most now is getting up in front of the guests and making them laugh. If the JC gets a recorded spiel it will seriously rip my heart out.:cry:
It would rip a lot of peoples hearts out. It's what has kept the attraction alive for so long. On the backlot tour and living with the land, there are serious things to look at, so while it sucks they have recorded spiels, they survive.

The jungle cruise would die a quick death without the humor, because there are just old, semi-realistic animatronics to look at....and it seems that these days, guests and management alike are a bit passive when it comes to animatronics.

jt04

It would rip a lot of peoples hearts out. It's what has kept the attraction alive for so long. On the backlot tour and living with the land, there are serious things to look at, so while it sucks they have recorded spiels, they survive.

The jungle cruise would die a quick death without the humor, because there are just old, semi-realistic animatronics to look at....and it seems that these days, guests and management alike are a bit passive when it comes to animatronics.

Yes this definitely seems over the line. I mean the Jungle Cruise has such a long history and the ad libs are the heart of the experience.

This is beyond a bad decision if they are really considering a recorded spiel. The Jungle Cruise is unique and should stay that way.

Unbelieveable :brick:

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
NO MORE SKIPPERS?
rage1zs6.png

GothMickey

If JC gets a recorded speil, I vow to NEVER go to WDW again. That will be the final straw. The skippers make that ride what it is. Without the skippers, the ride would suck. Flame me all you want. Sit there without the skippers and their imroved jokes, or their expressions and reactions. The skippers make the attraction worthwhile. Agh, what's next in JC, LCD screen projected animals?

Main Street USA

Let me clarify that I've heard nothng about them doing this. I was only very loosely speculating based on some of the other WDW attraction changes recently. I seriously doubt this will ever happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom