Magic Kingdom All The Time Thread

SeaBreeze

Same sigh here because if it went automated the JC would be closed within a year. The comedy is what keeps it alive.

Agreed! I was actually just telling my friend earlier today that the skippers ARE the JC and without them, the attraction loses all of its charm. He's never been on it so I might have to remedy that when we're all at CSR for a conference in May :lookaroun

SirGoofy

Agreed! I was actually just telling my friend earlier today that the skippers ARE the JC and without them, the attraction loses all of its charm. He's never been on it so I might have to remedy that when we're all at CSR for a conference in May :lookaroun

If you are there Memorial Day weekend you may be able to ride my cruise.:lookaroun

SeaBreeze

If you are there Memorial Day weekend you may be able to ride my cruise.:lookaroun

Wellll technically the meeting is over that Thursday, but I have enough friends living in the area that we could hold over. I mean, you know, it's right around my birthday too... :lookaroun

SirGoofy

Wellll technically the meeting is over that Thursday, but I have enough friends living in the area that we could hold over. I mean, you know, it's right around my birthday too... :lookaroun

:lol:

Gotta love crashing at the friends' place while visiting Florida.

That's where I'm staying that weekend too...:lookaroun

SeaBreeze

Gotta love crashing at the friends' place while visiting Florida.

That's where I'm staying that weekend too...:lookaroun

Ha, well, when you live two hours away, it's not really visiting Florida...It's just migrating south. Besides, they use me during football season anyway :animwink:

Captain Chaos

I apologize if you are a great skipper, Im sure you are since you obviously enjoy what you do. I guess my opinion is based on the fact Ive rarely seen a great skipper or any spieler on the spieled attractions. Its just a rare thing to come by, and I think sadly you are the exception to the majority. And often times a "dry" script can be saved by just an ounce of creative delivery.

Last year, I had a terrible skipper, so I rode JC again... had a great skipper and a great ride... Skippers do make the ride...

SeaBreeze

Ah, I see.

You could relieve my friends of their duties by showing up before the weekend and imposing on yours longer but as it is, I'm willing to sacrifice my air mattress if need be...

...I'm gonna need some normalcy after a week at an engineering conference :hammer:

SeaBreeze

Last year, I had a terrible skipper, so I rode JC again... had a great skipper and a great ride... Skippers do make the ride...

Agreed. I feel the same about KS at DAK too. GMR...meh. I haven't been wowed on there like JC and KS, but then again, I avoided GMR for a solid 15 years thanks to an alien and a mean CM :fork:

SirGoofy

You could relieve my friends of their duties by showing up before the weekend and imposing on yours longer but as it is, I'm willing to sacrifice my air mattress if need be...

...I'm gonna need some normalcy after a week at an engineering conference :hammer:

I'll be there part f the week, I just don't know what days I'll be working yet.

RSoxNo1

On my most recent trip, I was only there for a long weekend, and only at the Magic Kingdom for one day. It was very crowded, but we went back for a second trip on the Jungle Cruise because we didn't have a particularly good skipper on our first trip. She wasn't horrible, but recently we have been getting much better/much more original skippers, and we thought we'd try again. The second skipper was a little better, but she still wasn't as good as the three we saw on our last trip. I suggested waiting in line again but the girlfriend had enough. My point being is that I hold the Skippers in a very high regard. A bad Skipper, and the ride is a C-ticket. A great skipper and it's an E-ticket.

EpcotServo

I dunno' I'd say it's pretty rare I get an AWESOME skipper. Then again, I've been spoiled because now that I've seen the Disneyland skippers, who they really let loose.
:D

SirGoofy

I dunno' I'd say it's pretty rare I get an AWESOME skipper. Then again, I've been spoiled because now that I've seen the Disneyland skippers, who they really let loose.
:D

Psh...Disneyland skippers wish they were as good as me...

:lookaroun

Man I need to get back to the Jungle.

And just to comment. Management cracks down on us WAY to much. Many people are afraid to let loose and go 110% because of how strict they are. Personally I don't care, but IMO that's why you see mediocre skips at WDW's JC.

EpcotServo

Psh...Disneyland skippers wish they were as good as me...

:lookaroun

Man I need to get back to the Jungle.

And just to comment. Management cracks down on us WAY to much. Many people are afraid to let loose and go 110% because of how strict they are. Personally I don't care, but IMO that's why you see mediocre skips at WDW's JC.

I'm sure! Not to say that I haven't gotten some GREAT wdw cruises, it's just exactly that, too many stick EXACTLY to the script. That or College Program and sadly, just don't care. At Disneyland they can really let fly, with some great Non-Disney but still PG shtick.

It's hard for me to resist just stepping up and doing it myself sometimes...

SirGoofy

I'm sure! Not to say that I haven't gotten some GREAT wdw cruises, it's just exactly that, too many stick EXACTLY to the script. At Disneyland they can really let fly, with some great Non-Disney but still PG jokes. That or are College Program and sadly, just don't care.

It's hard for me to resist just stepping up and doing it myself sometimes...

Yea some CPs...just don't have what it takes. And the people who stick to the script are what I mentioned before. Afraid of the insane rules put down by management.

RSoxNo1

Yea some CPs...just don't have what it takes. And the people who stick to the script are what I mentioned before. Afraid of the insane rules put down by management.

Can you give us some insight into some of these rules?

I've heard things like "This is Disney's first attempt at the monorail" is a joke that can get you fired, yet I hear it on probably 25% of my Jungle Cruise rides.

SirGoofy

Can you give us some insight into some of these rules?

I've heard things like "This is Disney's first attempt at the monorail" is a joke that can get you fired, yet I hear it on probably 25% of my Jungle Cruise rides.

I wouldn't say it's a fireable offense the first time being caught, but it is definitely discouraged. You aren't supposed to deviate from the script what so ever, but you are allowed to slide as long as you are not inappropriate. Many people do follow the script closely out of fear of reprimand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom