Magic Kingdom All The Time Thread

elisatonks

I would like to see more table sevice eaterys in MK, CRT and plaza are rather small and LTT and TTS are almost always booked up. it would be nice to maybe see one in toontown as there is really no where to eat at that end of the park, like being able to eat in either mickey or minnies house with the menu consiting of classic family dishes! sorry my imagination is running wild!!!

markjohns1

I don't know if I agree with that. Speedway was 30 minutes while Space, Splash, Big Thunder, Buzz, All of Fantasyland, HM and such were 45-75 during my last visit.

And the Speedway doesn't seem to have the same capacity to move people through like some of those others.

It's a great ride for kids though... they love to get to "drive."
That is exactly why I think it should stay. As a kid, the Speedway was one of the attractions I looked forward to most. At the very least, for the sake of everyone's lungs, the cars do need the electric treatment.

^ each to their own.

Buzz is a cheap, shoehorned attraction into a space far too small for it. See MIB:AA for how to do it properly.
Why does Buzz need to be like MIB? I enjoy MIB, but I also don't see any reason Buzz should have to be done in that manner to be enjoyable or acceptable simply because they both involve light gun elements. BTMRR, SM, E:E, and RnRC are all roller coasters and fill a niche. Not everyone wants to get thrown around while getting their light gun kicks.

What "wonderful" themeing exists in Buzz aside from Fantasyland style black light effects? I've always found it skippable and now TSMM just makes it seem all the more worse.
What is wrong with Fantasyland style black light effects? Buzz is quite similar to any of the Fantasyland attractions as far as theming goes, which works just fine.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why does Buzz need to be like MIB?
Like the actual experience? It dosn`t. However, MIB is a custom built space, not a 1972 Omnimover squeezed into a space it wasn`t designed for with cheap UV flats pretending to be showscenes.

Animaniac93-98

What is wrong with Fantasyland style black light effects? Buzz is quite similar to any of the Fantasyland attractions as far as theming goes, which works just fine.

Buzz wasn't built in 1971. The Fantasyland stuff was a product of it's era and should have been updated with modern effects like DL a while back. Buzz in 1998 screamed cheap and does so even more today. Marni says it best.

SirGoofy

Buzz is terrible. I could make the show scenes from Buzz with the supplies a high school uses to build sets for its yearly play.

MILF isn't horrendous, but it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland, and on top of that it replaced a very well thought out attraction.

I'm not even going to touch SGE.

In all honesty TL is a mess, but unfortunately so is most of the MK. Fantasyland and Adventureland are both in horrible shape, and most of the attractions in both lands need refurbs before TL can be touched.

markjohns1

Like the actual experience? It dosn`t. However, MIB is a custom built space, not a 1972 Omnimover squeezed into a space it wasn`t designed for with cheap UV flats pretending to be showscenes.
That just about describes every Fantasyland attraction, which really isn't a huge problem. I think ultimately the attraction is entertaining, and the theme is fine for TL. Could it be better? Sure. There seem to be much bigger issues in MK and throughout WDW than the state of Buzz. Any unused or underused locations definitely need TLC first (noodle station, old skyway buildings, 20K spot, etc.).

It'd be amazing if every attraction could get a custom built space. The first thing they could do is tear down the horrific AI/SGE show space. Those seats, and that ridiculous shoulder apparatus, would not be missed.

Just to interject my humble opinion...MiB is FAR superior to Buzz in every way. That is all.:cool:
Fair enough. I actually agree. I also think Hulk at IoA is a superior coaster to pretty much anything at WDW, but that doesn't mean the WDW coasters need to go. That's pretty much my feeling about Buzz too.

Buzz wasn't built in 1971. The Fantasyland stuff was a product of it's era and should have been updated with modern effects like DL a while back. Buzz in 1998 screamed cheap and does so even more today. Marni says it best.
Cheap and still popular, just like the Fantasyland attractions. I'll admit a good portion of my affection for Buzz stems from Toy Story being my favorite Pixar film and one of my favorite films of all time. Peter Pan is my favorite Fantasyland attraction for the same reasons.

Totally off the topic, Toontown could definitely have more meat to it. Oh how I adore the Roger Rabbit attraction. The DL jealousy gets to be a bit much sometimes.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Cheap and still popular, just like the Fantasyland attractions.
You can`t compare 1971 attractions - Pan and White (just about) - to a 1998 Tomorrowland attraction. Pooh dosn`t count for so many reasons, but the original line up with Mr Toad was based on far older DL versions. In custom built spaces of course.

Yes, Buzz is very popular. But how they though they could build cheap sets (even Dreamflight was more elaborate, If You Had Wings was more clever) as opposed to dimensional spaces and get away with it just shows the mindset of the management of that era. But you`re right..... a lot more could do with attention. A return of an updated AE and moving MI to the space formally known as the Galaxy Palace would work too. Funny that.... destroy a CV attraction to build a theatre, when there was one a hundered yards away that could be converted far more easily and cheaply. Not to mention actually gain an extra attraction for once.

imagineer boy

You know, maybe they could expand buzz into the old galaxy palace theater area and make it a longer and more emmersive ride. Just a thought.

markjohns1

You can`t compare 1971 attractions - Pan and White (just about) - to a 1998 Tomorrowland attraction. Pooh dosn`t count for so many reasons, but the original line up with Mr Toad was based on far older DL versions. In custom built spaces of course.

Yes, Buzz is very popular. But how they though they could build cheap sets (even Dreamflight was more elaborate, If You Had Wings was more clever) as opposed to dimensional spaces and get away with it just shows the mindset of the management of that era. But you`re right..... a lot more could do with attention. A return of an updated AE and moving MI to the space formally known as the Galaxy Palace would work too. Funny that.... destroy a CV attraction to build a theatre, when there was one a hundered yards away that could be converted far more easily and cheaply. Not to mention actually gain an extra attraction for once.
That's definitely something I hope does not continue. I don't find the issue with Buzz has to do with the concept, theme, or its place in TL, but rather with the execution and the physical restraints put on it. As a concept I find it fits quite well in the fantastical sci-fi utopian future that is generally portrayed in TL. I would most like to see a proper refurb of the attraction, over its outright replacement. I know it is sacrilege to enjoy the inclusion of characters, but I'd rather see Buzz Lightyear over a Delta commercial any day.

You know, maybe they could expand buzz into the old galaxy palace theater area and make it a longer and more emmersive ride. Just a thought.
Something like that would be nice. I assume most demolition/expansion in that area is limited by the TTA track? Not that I necessarily mind. I think I'd have some kind of brain aneurism if that ever closed permanently.

Figment632

My whole problem is that Buzz was done on the cheap It uses a 70's omnimover system and the same exact route as Dreamflight. So basicaly the just slaped some cheap Buzz props into Dreamflight!

PhilharMagician

My whole problem is that Buzz was done on the cheap It uses a 70's omnimover system and the same exact route as Dreamflight. So basicaly the just slaped some cheap Buzz props into Dreamflight!

You are absolutely correct, but it is an extremely popular ride and WDC got their money's worth out of it. Buzz after all these years still draws huge crowds and it just eats people all day at a staggering rate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom