Magic Kingdom All The Time Thread

hokielutz

Why because it was scary, so I guess TOT or EE shouldn't be part of Disney because they are scary?

ToT was based on a classic film/TV show and the theming of the attraction fit in with the MGM Studios.

In the end, SGE is essentially AE, just the intensity and story line were knocked down a few notches with a side of chili dogs.

WDW1974

I was and still am a supporter of PI.

Just being devil's advocate since I really haven't seen an explanation of why AE belonged.

The devil doesn't need any advocates beyond the ones who work at Team Disney!:fork: (had to use this, even though I hate smileys!)

I gave you an explanation ... do you not like it?

I'd rather discuss why Hannah Montana and Pirates and High School Musical and Jack Skellington merchandise don't belong in T-land.

I guess the execs at the turn of the century, disagreed.

Those execs wanted to sell more Stitch merchandise ... that really and honestly was how the idea for the attraction first came about.

And just because an exec (or a group of them) makes a decision, it does not make it the right one ... or the smart one ... or even better than a fanboi's idea.

~DLP rocks!~

hokielutz

The devil doesn't need any advocates beyond the ones who work at Team Disney!:fork: (had to use this, even though I hate smileys!)

I gave you an explanation ... do you not like it?

I'd rather discuss why Hannah Montana and Pirates and High School Musical and Jack Skellington merchandise don't belong in T-land.

Those execs wanted to sell more Stitch merchandise ... that really and honestly was how the idea for the attraction first came about.

And just because an exec (or a group of them) makes a decision, it does not make it the right one ... or the smart one ... or even better than a fanboi's idea.

~DLP rocks!~

1. good line

2. Sorry, should've said thanks for the explanation earlier.

3. Exec(s) are people and people make mistakes or bad judgements. But that doesn't mean they will be forgiven. Especially here, as I have observed.

4. sorry for the bullet points.... I don't multi-quote much.

Yay! What do I win? Hope it's not those press on nails, I already have those.

I also want:

-Old Tiki Room
-New Mr. Toad with DL facade instead of Pooh
-Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Little Mermaid where 20K was
-AE brought back
-New Circlevision film
-Swan Boats brought back
-Something good at Diamond Horseshoe
-Pirates redone right
-Real shops on Main Street
-One Man's Dream relocated to MK

Plus lots of other things...

haha wow we can dream cant we? well i would love lots of these things.
the things i want the most and one im sure eveeryone else wants is mr. toad back. but thatll nvr happen :( and hunny hunt and little mermaid. but to me those seem like fantasys

imagineer boy

I understand it's a classic but that doesn't mean they shouldn't get rid of it. They did get rid horizons because it was outdated (which I don't agree with) so why can't they get rid of this.

Because its a good ride for kids. It lets them blow off some steam and pretend they're driving a car. I think my overlay idea would definately make it more popular and appealing not just for kids but teens as well, especially if the themeing is really good.

disnyfan89

I say gut Mickey's toon town Fair and turn it into radiator springs and retheme the speed way to cars. Start off with Lightning's big speedway race and then take a trip through Radiator springs and end at the piston cup race. Then build a new better toon town on 20k.

Why do people think Delta Dreamflight was better than Buzz? Seriously? That ride sucked, it was just a big, boring Delta commercial. Buzz is fun and wonderfully themed!!

Timekeeper? :shrug:
Monsters Inc. show is much more entertaining.
And the long lines at both places says that most people really like Buzz and Monsters.

Overly nostalgic, revisionist history = mind-boggling to me.

Stitch = not the best ride. But Stitch is a space creature who the kids like. Tomorrowland = space, so a good fit putting him there.

And I'm really excited about Space Mountain renovation!!!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ each to their own.

Buzz is a cheap, shoehorned attraction into a space far too small for it. See MIB:AA for how to do it properly.

Just because TK boggled your mind dosn`t mean it wasn`t any good. It was clever, funny, and very well thought out.Too much for the average guest I guess. It suffered due to bad design of the exterior, something TDO openly acknowledged too late.

Don`t even get us started about SGE. Which is a show, not a ride btw :D

EPCOT Explorer

^ each to their own.

Buzz is a cheap, shoehorned attraction into a space far too small for it. See MIB:AA for how to do it properly.

Just because TK boggled your mind dosn`t mean it wasn`t any good. It was clever, funny, and very well thought out.Too much for the average guest I guess. It suffered due to bad design of the exterior, something TDO openly acknowledged too late.

Don`t even get us started about SGE. Which is a show, not a ride btw :D
I LOVED TK.:eek: That was one of my all time faves as a kid. The music, the characters...all classic WDI.:eek:

If I ever get to DLP...;)

Figment632

Why do people think Delta Dreamflight was better than Buzz? Seriously? That ride sucked, it was just a big, boring Delta commercial. Buzz is fun and wonderfully themed!!

Timekeeper? :shrug:
Monsters Inc. show is much more entertaining.
And the long lines at both places says that most people really like Buzz and Monsters.

Overly nostalgic, revisionist history = mind-boggling to me.

Stitch = not the best ride. But Stitch is a space creature who the kids like. Tomorrowland = space, so a good fit putting him there.

And I'm really excited about Space Mountain renovation!!!!

Buzz was ok when it opened but I think it is very dated compared to TSM. I know they are different but I think it is silly to have two Toy Story shooting rides.

gus ghost

I really don't think the speed way should be replaced, it should be plussed. Rename it to "Cosmic Highway", make the cars futuristic looking and electric powered, put in futuristic scenery and boom you have a ride that fits into the land much better.

Or maybe they could make an attraction where you can drive your own monorail- That would be aweeesome!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom