LucasLand Blue Sky Rumor @ DHS

Thrill Seeker

Thank you so much for that overlay of FLE. It is truly :eek:! Having seen how large it is, I can't imagine them expanding it all at once any time soon. More than likely if this land was ever used it would develop slowly over the course of 15 years to continuously draw guests back to DHS. That statement is especially true if they plan on expanding Pixar Place with that as well. They could probably open up 3 separate "lands", I'll call them "atmospheres" (Lucas, Tron, Marvel, etc), within that expansion plot and they could open one, then build the next, then open that, and build the third. It seems as though that could be done with minimal construction detours and would allow space for equipment and such to be stored for each "atmosphere". If done correctly, this would solve the "DHS is a half day park" talk.

Using the other lake would be a challenge for a nighttime show unless you're doing something like WoC because of the boat dock, wouldn't it? I would assume you couldn't do any type of fireworks because of the fallout zones associated with that area, correct? I'm not sure, just throwing it out there. I do love the new placement of the BAH though. With or without that area of the park open. :lol:

DHS has become a full day park if it's decently busy because of TSMM and Idol. Star Tours: TAC will improve that even more because of the re-rideability.

juniorthomas

Thank you.

I see that disney can have a star wars land that will be true to the theme, source material and the fans with this expanded area. Nothing is being squeezed in and hoping it works, the land is there and what needs to be done is done.

There is land there for tron and it will work in this setting, nothing has to be imagined of why it is there. And Tron is a great franchise that disney can grow with this land, becoming a mecca for tron fans. The same is what I would hope a star wars land would be with its fans. There could also be another land built in there, but to make everything work, it was to flow and look right.

Having both of these lands, with a new night time show, will vastly increase the popularity and attendance of DHS.

Think they have parking space?

IWant2GoNow

DHS has become a full day park if it's decently busy because of TSMM and Idol. Star Tours: TAC will improve that even more because of the re-rideability.

Personally, I don't think ANY of the 4 parks are "half day". But I live in OH and can only go so often, so when I do, I soak up as much of each park as possible taking my time to see EVERYTHING.

I think a lot of "half day park" talk comes moreso from locals who can frequent the World more often. While there's no question that DAK needs more attractions, I think DHS would benefit greatly at a huge, slow-opening expansion as I mentioned before. One area opens 20xx, one in 20xy, and the other in 20xz. The marketing for each area would possibly get DHS's numbers up closer to Epcot's within a couple years and then DAK will really stand out as the total joke and receive its expansion.

Just wishful thinking on my part. :)

lebeau

Personally, I don't think ANY of the 4 parks are "half day". But I live in OH and can only go so often, so when I do, I soak up as much of each park as possible taking my time to see EVERYTHING.

I think a lot of "half day park" talk comes moreso from locals who can frequent the World more often.

We're not locals. But we label DHS and DAK 1/2 day parks because we have young kids who can't or won't ride at least 1/2 of the rides in these parks and can't or won't sit through a lot of shows.

IWant2GoNow

We're not locals. But we label DHS and DAK 1/2 day parks because we have young kids who can't or won't ride at least 1/2 of the rides in these parks and can't or won't sit through a lot of shows.

Oooh, yea that's a rough scenario also. I'm not sure I'd be spending the money to go if that were the case, no offense.

Now you're scaring me. Hope my stepson likes Disney! :lookaroun:eek::lookaroun

lebeau

Oooh, yea that's a rough scenario also. I'm not sure I'd be spending the money to go if that were the case, no offense.

Well, we got free tickets on our last trip or we probably wouldn't have gone. We skipped DAK entirely. We focused on MK and Epcot (which the kids liked very well) and spent a couple half-days in DHS (my oldest loves the GMR).

Don't worry. Kids love Disney. He'll have a great time. But if you've never been with a kid before, expect it to change the way you tour pretty dramatically.

juniorthomas

Well, we got free tickets on our last trip or we probably wouldn't have gone. We skipped DAK entirely. We focused on MK and Epcot (which the kids liked very well) and spent a couple half-days in DHS (my oldest loves the GMR).

Don't worry. Kids love Disney. He'll have a great time. But if you've never been with a kid before, expect it to change the way you tour pretty dramatically.

DAK has its moments, its just that they're incredibly fleeting.

lebeau

I like DAK a lot. But the only ride my kids were going to ride was the safari. And at most I could get them to sit through 1 show. Parades were out and we have a good zoo nearby. We decided we'd rather spent more time in the parks with lots of dark rides and save DAK for when the kids are older.

By then, hopefully there will also be more to do. ;)

IWant2GoNow

I've never been with a kid before but I'm REALLY hoping it alters the way I usually navigate. I need a change of pace when I tour. :lol: My plan is to essentially give him the map and point out what he wants to do. He should be about 6 or 7 when we take him so he should be tall enough to ride everything if he chooses to. It truly will be like going there for the first time again. :D

lebeau

I've never been with a kid before but I'm REALLY hoping it alters the way I usually navigate. I need a change of pace when I tour. :lol: My plan is to essentially give him the map and point out what he wants to do. He should be about 6 or 7 when we take him so he should be tall enough to ride everything if he chooses to. It truly will be like going there for the first time again. :D

Travelling with kids is great, it's just different. Obviously, you'll go at a slower pace.

On our last trip, I told the oldest she could call all the shots. (The youngest wasn't speaking yet.) I did this because she was afraid we'd make her ride things that scared her. Unfortunately, she tended to be indecisive. So sometimes I had to step in and make a decision or else we'd have walked back and forth between two different attractions without ever getting in line.

One final bit of unsolicited advice, I always try to prepare my kids for a trip. We watch the planning videos together. I ask them what they want to do so I can prioritize things. That way I know what land to take them to so they can drag me wherever their whims take them.

At least with my oldest daughter, I find it helps to give her limited options and let her choose from a list rather than saying "What do we do next?" because she'll never make a decision that way.

Enjoy your trip! :wave:

NewfieFan

Here's my pitch...

Lucasfilm Backlot: A new land which features attractions, shops and dining based upon the works of George Lucas. The area would be themed like a backlot with sets and props from Lucasfilm properties.

Attractions:

1. Jedi Training Acadamy (Replacing Sounds Dangerous): Young padawan students are selected to join a Jedi Master on stage to learn the ways of the force. The new version would be indoors, feature a new, expanded stage themed to Dagaba and feature new special effects.

2. Indiana Jones and the Sunken City (Replacing Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular): The lost city of Atlantis has risen to the surface and it's up to Indy to explore the lost city and uncover an ancient artifact before it's too late! This state of the art water attraction would feature new boats with AMV technology to create more intense motion. This could include everything from an earthquake motion to a sinking boat simulation. Of course, no flume ride would be complete without a huge plunge into the depths of the sea!

3. Star Tours: The Adventures Continue: Star Tours returns in 3-D with new cabin effects, 54 possible variants and much more!

Dining:

1. Mos Eisley Cantina (Replacing Backlot Express): Step into one of the jazziest places on Tatooine! The cantina would be quick service and feature Star Wars themed dishes, classic Disney Park fare, an exclusive galactic drink, full bar and an audio animatronic show. The resturant would be completely enclosed with a new exterior to appear as a set for Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

Shopping:

1. Treasures from the Lost City (Replacing Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular): Gift shop for Indiana Jones and the Sunken City featuring Indiana Jones apparel.

2. Tatooine Traders: Gift shop for Star Tours: The Adventures Continue featuring Star Wars apparel.

Everything I have here is replacing something already in the area and did not include the proposed expansion area. This could be a huge addition that could potentially compete with Harry Potter.

This!

And I'm not even into Star Wars or Indiana!

Mansion Butler

Never thought of it from that angle. I guess, when I was a kid, I was afraid of the GMR (yes), and Epic (loud noises). I also hated most shows, so I would not have enjoyed Mermaid or Idol or Beauty and the Beast. No way I would have done Rockin' or Tower, even when I was just barely tall enough to do them. I did love Star Tours, though. Oh, and I cried the one time they took me on Catastrophe Canyon.

So, for my family, that would have left Star Tours, Sound's Dangerous, and Toy Story. Given Toy Story's line situation, that would be lots of Star Tours and Sound's Dangerous. I'm sure they would have felt they got their money's worth, alright.

I would have adored DAK as a kid (I enjoyed Busch Gardens, which I merely tolerate as an adult), but I can certainly see the angle a family with kids could come at one of the two parks from, with children who just can't or won't do a lot of the attractions. That would certainly make them half-day-or-less parks.

Not for me.

Easily the park I wish I had more time in my last trip. And I got there shortly after it opened. :(

flavious27

Thank you so much for that overlay of FLE. It is truly :eek:! Having seen how large it is, I can't imagine them expanding it all at once any time soon. More than likely if this land was ever used it would develop slowly over the course of 15 years to continuously draw guests back to DHS. That statement is especially true if they plan on expanding Pixar Place with that as well. They could probably open up 3 separate "lands", I'll call them "atmospheres" (Lucas, Tron, Marvel, etc), within that expansion plot and they could open one, then build the next, then open that, and build the third. It seems as though that could be done with minimal construction detours and would allow space for equipment and such to be stored for each "atmosphere". If done correctly, this would solve the "DHS is a half day park" talk.

Using the other lake would be a challenge for a nighttime show unless you're doing something like WoC because of the boat dock, wouldn't it? I would assume you couldn't do any type of fireworks because of the fallout zones associated with that area, correct? I'm not sure, just throwing it out there. I do love the new placement of the BAH though. With or without that area of the park open. :lol:

I don't know if it will be 15, maybe 5. It looks like a lot of room, but also FLE is pretty small. This expansion lets WDI to build to the right size and scale. I can see star wares and tron, but building a marvel land will sound a defeat to a 5th gate. A possible 3rd land could be star trek, it would fit into the space and futuristic themes of the other lands.

Well the friendship boats would be shutdown before and during the show so the boats can be used as viewing areas, kind of like what is done at epcot.

Yeah, BAH needed to be more. It will make more sense in that location, it works as a weenie to guests coming into the park and also restores the views down hollywood blvd.

juniorthomas

I like DAK a lot. But the only ride my kids were going to ride was the safari. And at most I could get them to sit through 1 show. Parades were out and we have a good zoo nearby. We decided we'd rather spent more time in the parks with lots of dark rides and save DAK for when the kids are older.

By then, hopefully there will also be more to do. ;)

I'd say only about 20% of the people who go to DAK spend the entire day there. Willingly I should say. There are probably newcomers who spend the day there because they don't know any better.

DDCT4U

Personally I think Streets Of America could use a dance party like elecTRONica or Glowfest at DCA. I went to that last summer and it was a BLAST! It will give the locals something fun to do and Streets Of America is the perfect spot for it! I'm crossing my fingers for this!

jt04

theres your fifth gate idea

I think if Lucas was interested in building his own park he would have done so. Could be he does not want to deal with day to day operational problems and he would rather work through another party. Disney has the advantage of being able to live up to his standards. So if there was ever going to be a "Lucasland" I am certain Disney has the best chance of hosting it.

Fingers crossed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom