LucasLand Blue Sky Rumor @ DHS

IWant2GoNow

I don't know if it will be 15, maybe 5. It looks like a lot of room, but also FLE is pretty small. This expansion lets WDI to build to the right size and scale. I can see star wares and tron, but building a marvel land will sound a defeat to a 5th gate. A possible 3rd land could be star trek, it would fit into the space and futuristic themes of the other lands.

Well the friendship boats would be shutdown before and during the show so the boats can be used as viewing areas, kind of like what is done at epcot.

Yeah, BAH needed to be more. It will make more sense in that location, it works as a weenie to guests coming into the park and also restores the views down hollywood blvd.

Yea I just threw Marvel in there as an option. I'd much rather see the 5th gate for that though.

Five years to me seems a little soon. Tentatively I could see this schedule...

Pixar Place Expansion (construction start 2013, opening early 2015)
Star Wars/LucasLand Expansion (construction start 2015, opening in 3 stages in 2017, 2020, and 2023)

Something like that I guess... at least as far as my idea goes from earlier. This would keep quite a few things fresh at DHS over the next 15 years or so if you push the "newness" of the 2023 offerings out to 2025-26. I dunno. It's fun to dream. :snore::)

NewfieFan

We're not locals. But we label DHS and DAK 1/2 day parks because we have young kids who can't or won't ride at least 1/2 of the rides in these parks and can't or won't sit through a lot of shows.

That was kind of our situation too... well, we spent a little more time at AK b/c we don't have a zoo anywhere near us so watching animals is still a novelty to us! But on our last trip we spent the most time we've ever spent in DHS. The kids still won't do many more rides but they'll sit through more shows now. I have a 7 year old boy and he loves LMA and his new favorite Indiana Jones.

DHS really needs one more (at least) family friendly ride. I think that is why TSMM is still so popular. Yes, it's the newest thing in the park and it's a pretty cool ride on top of that but I really feel that the reason it has such crazy wait times is b/c it's one of the few rides in the park that the whole family can enjoy together!

flavious27

Truth. But still a consideration TDO would need to factor in to any park expansion.

Yeah, well I just want to think about that :cool:

They could add a lot between the NE lot and the new toll booth I have on my last design. Also there could be a lot between the SE lot and the other toll booth if the south entrance drive is pushed to the east more.

dhswithimprovements5med.png

(Not going to work on this again today, my eyes are starting to get like this: :eek: )

flavious27

I think if Lucas was interested in building his own park he would have done so. Could be he does not want to deal with day to day operational problems and he would rather work through another party. Disney has the advantage of being able to live up to his standards. So if there was ever going to be a "Lucasland" I am certain Disney has the best chance of hosting it.

Fingers crossed.

A 100 - 200 acre park would be just a tad too much space. Maybe a 20 - 30 acre water park? Water cannon blast from a death star into an Alderaan themed pool?

flavious27

Yea I just threw Marvel in there as an option. I'd much rather see the 5th gate for that though.

Star Wars/LucasLand Expansion (construction start 2015, opening in 3 stages in 2017, 2020, and 2023)

Something like that I guess... at least as far as my idea goes from earlier. This would keep quite a few things fresh at DHS over the next 15 years or so if you push the "newness" of the 2023 offerings out to 2025-26. I dunno. It's fun to dream. :snore::)

I think a majority of us want to see a 5th gate, as long as it is done right (no dca).

I see a 2 year time table for each project for dhs, pixar place, star wars land, tron, possible other land. I think a tron land would be pushed up depending on the prospects of a tron 3. It would be the best marketing for the movie and dhs to have tron 3 and tron land opening the same year (trL first, tr3 months later). If there is a Monsters Inc. attraction, it would be make sense to do the same with monsters U.

IWant2GoNow

I think a majority of us want to see a 5th gate, as long as it is done right (no dca).

I see a 2 year time table for each project for dhs, pixar place, star wars land, tron, possible other land. I think a tron land would be pushed up depending on the prospects of a tron 3. It would be the best marketing for the movie and dhs to have tron 3 and tron land opening the same year (trL first, tr3 months later). If there is a Monsters Inc. attraction, it would be make sense to do the same with monsters U.

I'm on the train of thought that is heading towards Tron being implemented into the Tomorrowland redo eventually pairing up with the movie release or a little bit before. I think Tron is much too fitting for Tomorrowland to put elsewhere. Which leaves more room for Lucas related items in the expansion plot.

The 50's diner is along that side so that could easily turn into something themed to American Graffiti.
Expanded Indiana Jones
Expanded Star Wars
Maybe a Land Before Time area for kids
To go with the theme of "behind the movies" I think a Skywalker Sound/ILM attraction would be MUCH better than Sounds Dangerous (not in the same building though). A walkthrough similar to the animation tour but this would be for sound and special effects.

And the only reason I went with the 3 year buffer period was to allow them time to work on other parks as well. Can't all be DHS for 10 years or more. Haha.

jt04

I'm on the train of thought that is heading towards Tron being implemented into the Tomorrowland redo eventually pairing up with the movie release or a little bit before. I think Tron is much too fitting for Tomorrowland to put elsewhere. Which leaves more room for Lucas related items in the expansion plot.

The 50's diner is along that side so that could easily turn into something themed to American Graffiti.
Expanded Indiana Jones
Expanded Star Wars
To go with the theme of "behind the movies" I think a Skywalker Sound/ILM attraction would be MUCH better than Sounds Dangerous (not in the same building though). A walkthrough similar to the animation tour but this would be for sound and special effects.

And the only reason I went with the 3 year buffer period was to allow them time to work on other parks as well. Can't all be DHS for 10 years or more. Haha.

Great list. Never thought of Prime Time with an AG overlay. That is a great idea. Sci-Fi could feature GL movies also.

flavious27

Expanded Indiana Jones
Expanded Star Wars

Well if they add Tron to TL, they are going to need to lift that alcohol ban when they build the end line lounge

IWant2GoNow

Well if they add Tron to TL, they are going to need to lift that alcohol ban when they build the end line lounge

:lol:

Yea then they would have that, Tortuga Tavern, and Gaston's Tavern all with ZERO alcohol. :brick:

It's probably for the best though. I could see some moron trying to swim in the castle moat or scale Splash Mountain. :)

juniorthomas

Yeah, well I just want to think about that :cool:

They could add a lot between the NE lot and the new toll booth I have on my last design. Also there could be a lot between the SE lot and the other toll booth if the south entrance drive is pushed to the east more.

dhswithimprovements5med.png

(Not going to work on this again today, my eyes are starting to get like this: :eek: )

That makes sense. And yeah, you should take some time off from your cartography

Thrill Seeker

If they went with my plan, they wouldn't even need to push it back that far... Construction on Sounds Dangerous could happen right away since it won't be open anymore after Saturday (I know it won't happen right away, but still), Backlot Express they could close in sections. Eventually they would have to close the entire restaurant, but it could be a shortened closure if work was already done on it. Indiana Jones would be the longest of the projects, but if that started quickly, it could be done sooner than you'd think. 3 years sounds about right...

IWant2GoNow

If they went with my plan, they wouldn't even need to push it back that far... Construction on Sounds Dangerous could happen right away since it won't be open anymore after Saturday (I know it won't happen right away, but still), Backlot Express they could close in sections. Eventually they would have to close the entire restaurant, but it could be a shortened closure if work was already done on it. Indiana Jones would be the longest of the projects, but if that started quickly, it could be done sooner than you'd think. 3 years sounds about right...

The key word in your first sentence is "need". They most definitely wouldn't need to take that long, but they would definitely want to. This is Disney we're talking about here. They are going to slowly peel back the curtain to continuously offer something new to guests. Not only that, but I think an expansion of this size would take numerous years to complete on the financial side. Look how long it will take them to finish FLE and it's 1/3 the size.

My personal "want" would be for them to open them all up at once but it would more than likely never happen that way.

Good thing "Blue Sky" is in the title of this thread or I'd feel bad for derailing it with things that probably will never be. :lol:

IWant2GoNow

Great list. Never thought of Prime Time with an AG overlay. That is a great idea. Sci-Fi could feature GL movies also.

Thanks, jt. Yea I'm sure there would be some that wouldn't want American Graffiti taking over Prime Time but it really wouldn't need to at all. Maybe find a way to park a couple hot rods out front and put some props and subtle references to the movie inside. The name could stay the same, just throw in some AG to compliment the LucasLand stuff.

Minute transitioning at its finest. :lol:

flavious27

Yea then they would have that, Tortuga Tavern, and Gaston's Tavern all with ZERO alcohol. :brick:

It's probably for the best though. I could see some moron trying to swim in the castle moat or scale Splash Mountain. :)

I think has shown you don't need disney to serve alcohol for someone to do that. :wave:

It doesn't make sense to have taverns and bars, and not serve. I know that walt did not want dads to just be pounding pint after pint, but the world is a different place today. I would like to see an AC in the temple at JC, but it won't work if alcohol is not served. The same would be if they get rid of carpets and put up a tiki plaza with a little tiki bar in the middle; there really wouldn't be a point in serving the same alcohol-free drinks 100 feet away from the other drink stand in AL. Disney can have these establishments themed correctly to the area they are in without it looking like a dive bar was just plopped down on main street.

flavious27

Well I got a couple hours break while the power went off, I just made a map of what disney/rcid owns west the FC.

I would almost suggest putting a garage under the new expansion area and kill two birds with one stone. The problem I see with that is well, the events on February 26, 1993.

I have some free time today, so I may just expand the view out to victory and then add in more parking lots.

Does anyone want to send in their ideas for a PP to add to the map?

RSoxNo1

Well I got a couple hours break while the power went off, I just made a map of what disney/rcid owns west the FC.

I would almost suggest putting a garage under the new expansion area and kill two birds with one stone. The problem I see with that is well, the events on February 26, 1993.

I have some free time today, so I may just expand the view out to victory and then add in more parking lots.

Does anyone want to send in their ideas for a PP to add to the map?

I understood 0% of this post.

flavious27

Here is the latest version.

I added the two parking lots and reworked the north ans south entrance roads to them along with the toll booths.

I also added the canal to connect Caribbean Beach and the Pop Complex by boat to DHS and EPCOT.

I moved the practice area for LMA to where Catastrophe Canyon was. I also designated an area for expansion of Pixar Place. The area is about 6 acres and could fit 2, maybe 3 attractions.

Larger, more detail

dhswithimprovements6sma.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom