LucasLand Blue Sky Rumor @ DHS

RSoxNo1

Lucasland is a relative old rumor. I actually mentioned some derivation of it a few days ago on here.

I like the idea of clearly defining the lands of Hollywood Studios, and this would certainly accomplish that.

ArtieJim

Just so long as I don't have to see Samuel L Jackson's purple lightsaber or hear Hayden Christensen's whiny Anakin voice I'd love it if they expanded on Star Wars/Indiana Jones at DHS. It's long overdue.

flavious27

From Disney Gossip:

Backlot Express would be converted to a Cantina style diner, although I've also heard that it could be a 'space junk yard' (as from Episode 1). Then the backstage road and main entrance road would be moved back about 200 yards to make room for a new e-Ticket set in the Star Wars universe. Think Carsland but with speeders racing around. There would also be a lot of Next-Gen touches bringing some hi-tech wizardry to the land as only WDI can do.

As a Star Wars geek, this woud/could be amazing! I picture Star Wars Weekends everyday, but in the proper themed setting. Any insiders hearing anything more on this?

Disney Gossip doesn't post frequently, but looking back, they seem to have a decent track record...

I think that atleast half of us say this is where the next area of expansion would be. There is anywhere between 25 - 30 acres that can be used for that expansion. I think that there is enough room back there to be used for two to four different lands, depending on how many and what kind of ride systems are used.

For a speeder race attraction, disney could actually use a modified steeplechase type ride system.

ob1thx1138

The best place to put star wars land is in future world at epcot, all they would have to do is re theme the current attractions:
Space Ship Earth could easily be turned into a death star dark ride.
Universe of energy could be converted into a 3d movie / dark ride.
Test track could be converted to use hover cars and be a land speeder ride.
Soarin could be converted to a death star trench run ride.
The Seas with Nemo could be converted to Gungan land with Crush being replaced by Jar Jar.
Wonders of Life could be re themed to echo base with a snow speeder ride using the old Body Wars ride vehicles.
Missions space could be changed to a Millenium Falcon gunner sim where where you shoot at tie fighters with your controls.
And finally Journey Into Your Imagination would be converted back to include Dreamfinder because I am just sick of hearing everyone complain about it.

Atomicmickey

empirew.jpg

flavious27

Transforming Backlot Express into Mose Isley Cantina would be amazing. You could even include some kind of exclusive drink (both alcoholic and non alcoholic versions available) that you can only get there. Take that, Harry Potter! I still like my idea of an Indiana Jones Atlantis water ride to replace the stunt show. There's plenty of room on that plot of land and Studios could use a water ride... Throw in an enhanced Jedi Training Academy to replace Sounds Dangerous and you have yourself a Lucas Land. Might as well re-name that section Skywalker Ranch while you're at it.

Although it wouldn't be as big of a draw as WWoHP, it would still make a huge impact and cause Studios to become a much more successful park.

just retheming existing attractions is what they did for wwhp, but it doesn't add much value to the parks. they need to build out and add more attractions.

This concept sounds awesome. But the location makes little sense as Disney parks focus on the grouping of attractions to create "lands" for theme and flow. The current Star Tours II attraction location lends itself to needing the such new attractions closer. Since the Muppets in the southwest area is staying and has some rumored updates (that seem to have been dropped like a bad habit unfortunately), these proposed star wars ideas would need to replace the elder Indiana Jones Stunt Show and the (oh great, now I forget the name of it) Studios Catering to the northeast.

Putting Star Wars in the back would also pose issues for the additional Pixar themed attractions that had also floated down the rumor river, like the ol' Monsters Inc. coaster and such.

Now, you can say what you like for my flaming the embers of the parking lot entrance rumors, but if the entrance on the South we're tweaked a bit so as to remove a portion of the parking lot to the east of Mr. Jones, (which would be easy to do), Disney has a nice plot of flat land they could fit such Star Wars additions. Hmmmm, that'll make you think. Of course, they would never do such a thing to a parking lot! <cough>, <cough>, DCA <cough> :lookaroun

Thoughts?

It wouldn't make sense for them to build out east into the parking lot when there is enough land southeast.

dhp.png

Wouldnt it be smarter if Lucas just opened up his own park? :lookaroun

Too much of a cost.

imagineer boy

the best place to put star wars land is in future world at epcot, all they would have to do is re theme the current attractions:
Space ship earth could easily be turned into a death star dark ride.
Universe of energy could be converted into a 3d movie / dark ride.
Test track could be converted to use hover cars and be a land speeder ride.
Soarin could be converted to a death star trench run ride.
The seas with nemo could be converted to gungan land with crush being replaced by jar jar.
Wonders of life could be re themed to echo base with a snow speeder ride using the old body wars ride vehicles.
Missions space could be changed to a millenium falcon gunner sim where where you shoot at tie fighters with your controls.
And finally journey into your imagination would be converted back to include dreamfinder because i am just sick of hearing everyone complain about it.

no.

Thrill Seeker

just retheming existing attractions is what they did for wwhp, but it doesn't add much value to the parks. they need to build out and add more attractions.

None of my proposal was re-theming attractions. Everything would be new. I mentioned what would be replaced, but no retheming would be done.

RSoxNo1

Awesome.

While two of the attractions were simple attractions with simple re-themes, Harry Potter certainly added substantial value to that park.

It wouldn't make sense for them to build out east into the parking lot when there is enough land southeast.

dhp.png

I've heard this thrown out there a few times. They could easily re-route the entry plaza for DHS as part of the plan to re-route the back entrance as well. It can be pre-emptive even if this space isn't utilized for years.

IWant2GoNow

I would really, really like for this to be true, but given the lack of any other insider knowledge backing it for an announcement next month, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Although this would be "Death Star explosion" huge for fanboys (which includes myself :D).

Hopefully someone can dig up more dirt on this if there's even any dirt to dig through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom