LucasLand Blue Sky Rumor @ DHS

NewfieFan

Ick I hate Star Wars. Let's hope this never comes to fruitation.

I don't like Star Wars... I don't! I don't understand the obsession or the attraction to these movies...

BUT bring on a Star Wars land or a Lucasland or whatever the heck they want to call it! It will be hugely popular and even though I myself won't be excited for it per se, I will be excited to see new attractions/rides. I enjoy a ride on Star Tours even though I don't care for the movies and I'm sure I would enjoy the land if they build one!

DaGoof00

Orbiting over the park and, if HP 2 is announced, well then Disney has a way to "deal with" the issue. Magic loses everytime when facing HUGE LASERS!!!!! :fork::fork::fork:

From Disney to HP2: "Witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle-station!"

DocMcHulk

I don't like Star Wars... I don't! I don't understand the obsession or the attraction to these movies...

BUT bring on a Star Wars land or a Lucasland or whatever the heck they want to call it! It will be hugely popular and even though I myself won't be excited for it per se, I will be excited to see new attractions/rides. I enjoy a ride on Star Tours even though I don't care for the movies and I'm sure I would enjoy the land if they build one!
Those echo my opinions 100%. I dont like Star Wars, i never will. But if it's good for the park, then I am all for it. Plus, the original Star Tours was pretty good, 2.0 will be amazing.

MansionGoer13z

I think if there was going to be a Lucasland, (Needs a better name since I think George Lucas has become an idiot recently and doesn't need to be put on a pedestal. A Mos Eisly Cantina sitdown restaurant is a must. It should definetly serve stuff like Blue Milk, Tatooine Sunburns, Corellian Ale and other alcoholic/non alcoholic beverages based on beverages from the Galaxy far far Away. As far as food that could be served, there are tons of food references in the Expanded Universe that can be used, and then modified so that it would fit well with guests and patrons.

DocMcHulk

This would open a lot of space:
DHS_New_Entrance_1.jpg

FLDIS86

I still say DHS needs a water ride, but add it to Pixar Place with a Finding Nemo water ride taking you whirling down the EAC with crush and squirt!

NoChesterHester

A Mos Eisly Cantina sitdown restaurant is a must. It should definetly serve stuff like Blue Milk, Tatooine Sunburns, Corellian Ale and other alcoholic/non alcoholic beverages based on beverages from the Galaxy far far Away. As far as food that could be served, there are tons of food references in the Expanded Universe that can be used, and then modified so that it would fit well with guests and patrons.

For most of us the Mos Eisley Cantina is the embodiment of the Star Wars Universe. The beat part about it is that unlike many of the things from the movies creating the Cantina in a theme park environment is possible.

Think about it, you really can't create a large scale starship without some sort of suspension of disbelief nor can you create the grand vistas of the worlds of the newer trillogy.

The Cantina on the other hand is very attainable in scale, offers a deep step into the themed universe, and is an attraction / dining / mercantile all in one. Perfect.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Would this include an Indy dark ride?
It has been discussed (of course) but like the rest of the land is just Blue Sky to my knowledge.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that film was called "One Man's Dream", which is a title that has also been used for stage shows and entire exhibits and attractions over the years. It was hosted by Eisner, and he sort of walked you through the history of Walt as a man and the company and products he created..
Almost... it was called Michael and Mickey, and ran at the end of the walking tour as an introduction to the finale film that was shown in what is now the VOTLM theatre.

A similar version also introduced a few Disney TV specials.

PurpleRose

From Disney to HP2: "Witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle-station!"

That's one of the best quotes ever! Seriously though, they make Lucasland as awesome as these rumors: here is my wallet full of cash, give back what you think I should have. LOL

Maerj

Although it wouldn't be as big of a draw as WWoHP, it would still make a huge impact and cause Studios to become a much more successful park.

Oh I don't know about that. If they would do it right it would at the very least be as big as WWoHP. It would def be a big boost to the Studios, that's for sure.

maxairmike

You know, something just occurred to me that I think a few posters in here have almost arrived at, but stopped a bit short of.

It has been mentioned a few times how exacting Lucas would be with any other attractions from Star Wars (or his other films). Could the reason we have yet to see a greater number of Lucas-based attractions - up to and including a "Lucas Land" - be because Disney does not want to be tied down to the kind of contracts Universal has with Spielberg and now Rowling? Someone like Lucas would surely demand some creative control, and any contract would definitely be expensive, possibly prohibitively so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom