LucasLand Blue Sky Rumor @ DHS

plutoismyhero

I really love this idea!! As long as nothing happens to the muppets and hopefully we see a little more of them. Like its been stated numerous times DHS needs an upgrade and Pixar, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Muppets are where this upgrade needs to be add a little of some of them and DHS will no longer be a half to 3/4 day park

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Lucasland would only work if there was a Howard the Duck ride. :lol:

DHS is becoming the park devoted to concepts that the Disney Company didn't think of, but should have. Disney technology, telling non-Disney stories. All that is left that is really "Disney" is One Man's Dream, the Little Mermaid and Fantasmic. And a few scenes in the GMR. It's really a much different park than it was when it opened, and getting differenter all the time.

Mick

Actually, it's more Disney now than it was at opening. At opening, they had Disney in the Animation tour, a few scenes in GMR, and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids bee scene, and that's about it. The backlot tour, both walking and tram, had virtually no Disney stuff. The Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Beauty and Beast shows that put some Disney into it now were't there at opening. The parade was not Disney. There was no Toy Story Mania. There's much more Disney now than there was then.

Disneyfan1981

There have been Star Wars expansion rumors as far back as I can remember. Hell the Star Tours 2.0 rumors have been swirling for an amazing amount of time. Given Lucas track record to have everything perfect it's completely possible that this was being laid down at the same time as the Star Tours upgrade. If it doesn't happen now though I would say we've got quite a wait ahead of us for major Star Wars additions. I hope it true though.

lazyboy97o

Blame Lucas for this, not Disney. Lucas doesn't want anything that isn't A+++++. Is it Disney's fault for not giving out that kind of budget? Sure, but its not completely their fault.
Disney also wants to maintain as much control and financial gain from any attractions. Lucasfilm could contribute resources to a project, but that would mean they get something more in return for their investment.

MoxHair

Ick I hate Star Wars. Let's hope this never comes to fruitation.

So you would rather that DHS stay as it is rather than creating a uniquely themed land that would really add to the dynamic of the park just because you don't like Star Wars.

I don't like Harry Potter, but I still really enjoyed the Forbidden Journey ride. Sometimes the franchise doesn't matter as long as it's a great experience. Just imagine all the things they can do with a universe of ideas.

Hell, even if they use some of Lucas's other franchises the possibilities of rides, attractions, and themed experiences are endless. Land Before Time, Willow, Labyrinth, Indiana Jones..

voodoo321

Disneyfan1981;454150 Given Lucas track record to have everything perfect[/QUOTE said:
I think it's more a case of him being a complete egomaniac, micromanager in his old age. He was always more of a producer, ideas guy in earlier years and delegated the details to other talented people.

lazyboy97o

I think it's more a case of him being a complete egomaniac, micromanager in his old age. He was always more of a producer, ideas guy in earlier years and delegated the details to other talented people.
Or he found that it was ultimately easier to just do it himself instead of trying to find somebody else whom he would ultimately try to micromanage. A big part of why Lucas did not want Irvin Kershner to come back and direct Return of the Jedi is because he was so insistent on doing things his way and producing his own vision in The Empire Strikes Back. Lucas has a history of saying he likes collaboration, but doing a good bit of the opposite. The initial plan for the Star Wars sequels, all eleven of them, was for the middle ten films to be done by other film makers as other stories within the universe but not necessarily with the same characters and then Lucas would finally come back to do the twelfth and final film.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Ick I hate Star Wars. Let's hope this never comes to fruitation.

Obviously you know you're in the minority in not liking Star Wars. Did you dislike Star Tours as well? I hate American Idol, but I actually enjoy the attraction. In any event, you can hope it doesn't happen. But Let Us hope that it does.

I smiled at the highlighted phrase...a mashup of "bears fruit" and "comes to fruition"

Gracy_hm

Okay firstly

Yes Disney do it! MAKE THE LAND PUT IT IN DISNEY STUDIOS! I think if Indiana Jones was used it should be a river boat adventure that gets crazy thrill ride like. If I am not wrong and I'm not Indiana Jones was supposed to be water based. Disney Studio needs a water ride. If we stick to star wars I think it would be killer but what could be iconic enough locations with a real wow factor? I am sure there are some but this is a Trekkie writing this.

bgraham34

I have a friend who worked at Lucasfilm during the Prequel years and there was talk there then about having a Star Wars land in Disneyworld.

duff527

Actually, it's more Disney now than it was at opening. At opening, they had Disney in the Animation tour, a few scenes in GMR, and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids bee scene, and that's about it. The backlot tour, both walking and tram, had virtually no Disney stuff. The Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Beauty and Beast shows that put some Disney into it now were't there at opening. The parade was not Disney. There was no Toy Story Mania. There's much more Disney now than there was then.

Agreed. And lets remember that Pixar = Disney. It still seems like a seperate entity to a lot of people, but when the small children of today grow up, they'll never make the distinction.

Thrill Seeker

Transforming Backlot Express into Mose Isley Cantina would be amazing. You could even include some kind of exclusive drink (both alcoholic and non alcoholic versions available) that you can only get there. Take that, Harry Potter! I still like my idea of an Indiana Jones Atlantis water ride to replace the stunt show. There's plenty of room on that plot of land and Studios could use a water ride... Throw in an enhanced Jedi Training Academy to replace Sounds Dangerous and you have yourself a Lucas Land. Might as well re-name that section Skywalker Ranch while you're at it.

Although it wouldn't be as big of a draw as WWoHP, it would still make a huge impact and cause Studios to become a much more successful park.

marihalfen

Please, please, please, let this be true!

Even simple rides would be so cool with a Star Wars theme. It would improve a lot the offerings at DHS, wich are so poor right now. I love ToT, RnRC and TSM, but they can only do so much for a park.

Make a LucasLand, add two C-Tickets, a couple of stores and restaurants, fill the blanks with the beloved Meet and Greets and there you go. You just saved the park. :drevil:

It doesn't have to be as huge in size as CarsLand or the whole FLE, and it doesn't look as expensive, 'cause the major E-Ticket is already there.

Plus, can you image all the crap that we could buy in a Star Wars land? :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom