Low crowd trends? Is this true?

fractal

I was at Hersheypark last week. It was dead. Everything was practically a walk on - even Fahrenheit which is their newest coaster but a very slow "people mover".

This weekend I was in Wildwood NJ. Also slow compared to other years.

I believe Disney is facing the same issues due to the struggling economy.

Btw, just pricing out staying at a motel in Wildwood, near the beach, plus rides on their boardwalk and meals at some "decent" restaurants made a trip to WDW seem like a bargain.

sweetpee_1993

True for a ton of teachers we know in IL. Nation wide teach cuts have hit over 100k and killing many summer trips.

I'm sure I'm not affecting you directly but I pulled my boys from public school at the end of the school year. That piece of trash middle school won't get another dime for the attendance of my two. I think the problem for teachers in some districts is also the crappy education that gets doled down. A lot of parents are wising up to this. Not directed at the teachers! They have bosses and requirements, too. I know. I feel for the good ones out there. I really do.

sweetpee_1993

You were given an updated article from Bloomberg News on the acquisition, which you found lacking for some reason. I made no assertions past what was stated in the article. If that is not enough to satisfy your need for information, seek out what you're looking for.

When I just read the Bloomberg article I took from it that there were different arrangements for different things sort of like the other poster was mentioning. The way the article was laid out it was saying that the agreements are different for different things (ie. Universal Orlando's parks, merchandising of the characters, movies, etc.). It feels like there's more than one agreement with different sets of terms for each that applies when it comes to attractions, merch, et al. :shrug: I'm not good when it comes to financial mumbo-jumbo, tho. Don't quote me on that. It was just a silly girl's interpretation of the article. :animwink:

jrlbc06

The studios were out of control today. South American tour groups everywhere and it was a fantasmic day. 120 mins for tsmm all day, 100 mins for rrc, 80 for tot, even 40 for star tours. We waited 3 shows before getting into little mermaid and 30 minutes to get food at pizza planet. It was the busiest I have ever seen the park. Even the great movie ride was 60 mins when we went by. We left in the middle of the day and went to epcot and it wasn't much better. 100 mins plus for soarin, Tt. 75 for mission space. 35 for sse at 3 in the afternoon.

Sorry for any typos as I'm typing on my phone.

We went back to the studios to use fp and fantasmic was standing room only 80 mins before the first show started. At 9 there was a line halfway down hw blvd for the 1030 show.

Disneybear

The studios were out of control today. South American tour groups everywhere and it was a fantasmic day. 120 mins for tsmm all day, 100 mins for rrc, 80 for tot, even 40 for star tours. We waited 3 shows before getting into little mermaid and 30 minutes to get food at pizza planet. It was the busiest I have ever seen the park. Even the great movie ride was 60 mins when we went by. We left in the middle of the day and went to epcot and it wasn't much better. 100 mins plus for soarin, Tt. 75 for mission space. 35 for sse at 3 in the afternoon.

Sorry for any typos as I'm typing on my phone.

We went back to the studios to use fp and fantasmic was standing room only 80 mins before the first show started. At 9 there was a line halfway down hw blvd for the 1030 show.

Careful what information you give out.

Quoting Mission Space as having a 75min wait will upset a lot of people on these boards who having been trying desperately to convince everyone that it is unpopular and should be torn down immediately :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Quoting Mission Space as having a 75min wait will upset a lot of people on these boards who having been trying desperately to convince everyone that it is unpopular and should be torn down immediately :lol:
Nah. Every attraction can get inflated times for various reasons. I have photographic proof that SGE once hit 40 minutes!!!!

Christi22222

Original Poster

OMG this is so funny! I got a good laugh from that. Not to mention that stitch ever had any kind of wait!

Sounds like crowds are picking up. Maybe it was just a little later for summer to really get rolling?

Thanks again to the folks taking the time to post crowd levels while on vacation or after visiting the world. Appreciate it the eyes and ears on the ground!

mickeysaver

All I can say is that my vacation is just a little over 3 weeks away. The week following our trip is the beginning of free dining for US residents. I am hoping that everyone decided to hold out one more week and go after we leave. I could handle fewer crowds. :animwink:

WDW1974

Disney must be doing great business ... just look at all the discounts that are not being offered now and right on through the week before Christmas ... oh wait, oops, they are offering massive discounts ... so, nevermind.

I am sure the parks are packed (because perceptions, especially non-educated ones, are so often reality!)

wdwfan22

Disney must be doing great business ... just look at all the discounts that are not being offered now and right on through the week before Christmas ... oh wait, oops, they are offering massive discounts ... so, nevermind.

I am sure the parks are packed (because perceptions, especially non-educated ones, are so often reality!)

Do you ever get tired of being an a**?

mickey2008.1

Does anyone know if there are many discounts for december like last year? If they are cutting back, and attendance is low as compared to normal, will they stick to it? when does disney free dining happen in december normally? we are goin Dec 10- 15 and just curious as to what the crowds might be, bc tsmm has always been no fps past 10am and 120 min waits. Thats crowded to me.

Biff215

Does anyone know if there are many discounts for december like last year? If they are cutting back, and attendance is low as compared to normal, will they stick to it? when does disney free dining happen in december normally? we are goin Dec 10- 15 and just curious as to what the crowds might be, bc tsmm has always been no fps past 10am and 120 min waits. Thats crowded to me.

I believe the discounts do go through December up until the holiday week. As far as TSMM goes, you can count on the FP's being gone early morning and a 60-90 minute wait even on a slow day. I've been spending afternoons/evenings in the HS on our past couple of trips so I haven't even thought about trying to ride.

Maybe the lines will ease some once the new ST opens next year, but TS3 will only make TSMM more popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom