Lost Season 4 -- Oceanic 6 -- or was that 7?

meryll83

Ok, this is just me going off on a random tangent, but The Black Rock is in the middle of the island, when we would expect it to be in the sea, and we saw on the news a few episodes back that the front of the plane (you can see the cockpit) was under water, when we know that was on the island, remember the first episode where the pilot ends up in the tree?

I wonder if this time travel/teleportation thing, whatever it is that was going on with Desmond could have any effect on objects as well......
Just a thought.........

RyanS

Ok, this is just me going off on a random tangent, but The Black Rock is in the middle of the island, when we would expect it to be in the sea, and we saw on the news a few episodes back that the front of the plane (you can see the cockpit) was under water, when we know that was on the island, remember the first episode where the pilot ends up in the tree?

I wonder if this time travel/teleportation thing, whatever it is that was going on with Desmond could have any effect on objects as well......
Just a thought.........

The underwater plane footage was a farce to keep the disappearance under wraps, presumably to keep the survivors on the island safe.

Pongo

Just a thought.........

One thing that stuck with me during that episode with the underwater plane was when Faraday said something about the air and how the light moved differently there.

I don't know. Maybe they're all underwater and they don't really know it :lol:

dandaman

^ "The light... it doesn't quite... scatter the right way..."

Interesting theory. Reminds me of POTC 3 with the "Up is Down" thing. Perhaps the island really is the Land of the Dead. :lol:

yeti

Does anyone here remember the enigmatic Richard Alpert from last season? (They couldn't have him this season because he was working on Cane).
I was just thinking about how he never grows up, because when Ben first met him (when he was a kid) he looked exactly the same, and there is also an insance somewhere in S3 when Ben asks him if he remembers birthdays.

Well..in that TV Guide interview, Cuse DID say that there are some growth issues when you come on or off the island. :shrug:

k.hunter30

Does anyone here remember the enigmatic Richard Alpert from last season? (They couldn't have him this season because he was working on Cane).
I was just thinking about how he never grows up, because when Ben first met him (when he was a kid) he looked exactly the same, and there is also an insance somewhere in S3 when Ben asks him if he remembers birthdays.

Well..in that TV Guide interview, Cuse DID say that there are some growth issues when you come on or off the island. :shrug:
Yes, we have talked about Richard not aging. I agree with you. It seems now that they are revealing more about the time warp thing, we'll learn more about why Richard is the way he is.
Though, he does look the same when he is off the island. hmmm...

EDIT: Speaking of Richard, do we know how he and the other "natives" ended up on the island? Why they don't age and people like Ben and his father do?

k.hunter30

Another theory:

A friend of mine heard talk on the radio about this theory. The time warp that occurs when you venture to the island, actually sends you back in time, sort of. That's why people like Locke can walk. Because, in the past, he wasn't paralyzed. But the present may catch up to them. Don't know what I think about that theory just yet...

Pongo

Another theory:

A friend of mine heard talk on the radio about this theory. The time warp that occurs when you venture to the island, actually sends you back in time, sort of. That's why people like Locke can walk. Because, in the past, he wasn't paralyzed. But the present may catch up to them. Don't know what I think about that theory just yet...

But Desmond went back in time LEAVING the island... at least mentally.

Pongo

Yes, we have talked about Richard not aging. I agree with you. It seems now that they are revealing more about the time warp thing, we'll learn more about why Richard is the way he is.
Though, he does look the same when he is off the island. hmmm...

EDIT: Speaking of Richard, do we know how he and the other "natives" ended up on the island? Why they don't age and people like Ben and his father do?

Sounds kind of like a paranormal Peter Pan :lookaroun

k.hunter30

But Desmond went back in time LEAVING the island... at least mentally.
Yeah... and mentally, the Losties haven't gone back in time. They all remember what was going on in their lives right before they boarded the plane. Like I said, I haven't bought into that theory yet.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
RICHARD ALPERT IS BACK.....

From this weeks AA on tvguide.com

I have it on good authority that Nestor Carbonell has inked a deal to reprise his role as ageless island dweller Richard in at least one of this season's final five episodes. In confirming the news, exec producer Carlton Cuse (i.e., the good authority I spoke of earlier) described the former Cane thesp as "a tremendous actor" whose "return will lead to some very interesting revelations."

JimboJones123

Original Poster
My biggest worry sounds much less like a worry and will be delivered in epi 8 (it has to do with motive for Ben's "man" has for being Ben's "man").

k.hunter30

My biggest worry sounds much less like a worry and will be delivered in epi 8 (it has to do with motive for Ben's "man" has for being Ben's "man").
I don't follow your sentence...

Speaking of Richard, (and in case you missed my later-added edit) what have we learned or what do you think of this:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom