Long Lost Friends Week January 20-26

StarWarsGirl

Long Lost Friends week is scheduled to be at Magic Kingdom the week of January 20th-26th.

UPDATE- This will start on the 21st not the 20th.
Expect to see these characters:

Ludwige Von Drake
Jiminy Cricket
The Robin Hood unit
3 Little Pigs
Big Bad Wolf
I will be there on the 26th. If I see them, I will get pictures. After I'm done riding Test Track...

The Duck

I know that Ludwig Von Drake's head was recycled from an old Scrooge McDuck costume. I just wish that it looked more like him. BTW, just because Ludwig has gray sideburns doesn't mean that his entire head should be gray!

asianway

That's what many of the character fans have wanted for years(a special event with all the rare characters appearing at it).
Someone on DIS was lamenting they couldn't go because CM admits were blocked(spirit just posted they lifted that). If someone isn't even willing to buy a park ticket, there's no way they'll pay for a hard ticket event...

edrho

I know that Ludwig Von Drake's head was recycled from an old Scrooge McDuck costume. I just wish that it looked more like him. BTW, just because Ludwig has gray sideburns doesn't mean that his entire head should be gray!
I guess since Ludwig is so rarely used they decided not to give him a facelift. You are right, it doesn't look like him and a lot of kids know him from Mickey Mouse clubhouse.

Thumper 32

Someone on DIS was lamenting they couldn't go because CM admits were blocked(spirit just posted they lifted that). If someone isn't even willing to buy a park ticket, there's no way they'll pay for a hard ticket event...

Not sure that one person's comments represent a trend either way. Based on the huge crowds at this event though, seems like there are plenty who do find interest in this. Pixar weekend, leap day, etc all show that there is big interest in unique, different, or rare characters.

Azerin

Not sure that one person's comments represent a trend either way. Based on the huge crowds at this event though, seems like there are plenty who do find interest in this. Pixar weekend, leap day, etc all show that there is big interest in unique, different, or rare characters.
Hopefully they will get the hint :p It took awhile for Disneyland to really get the hint that rarer characters are popular but I think they *mostly* finally did as they have had a lot more special events with either rarer characters or characters in special outfits the last year or two (and I know they have wanted to do even more but have been blocked by "One Disney" crap according to various sources).

asianway

Leap day was a glorified Halloween Party roster, no one rare was there. People are interested if it's free or included in park admission-start talking about $100+ price points for a hard ticket, they start running

elchippo

A MG spot in Storybook Circus that was just a rotating group of characters like the OLD "Fantasyland Character Festival" would do well.

cheezbat

This thing is popular...but only with cast members, former performers, and fans of the characters.

I already saw the Robin Hood unit as well as the Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf, and I'm currently standing in line for Scrooge and Ludwig...everyone in line has been from the groups I mentioned above.

asianway

This thing is popular...but only with cast members, former performers, and fans of the characters.

I already saw the Robin Hood unit as well as the Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf, and I'm currently standing in line for Scrooge and Ludwig...everyone in line has been from the groups I mentioned above.
Exactly. How long is the Ludwig line?

openendedsky

I was actually at MGM the day they had a big tribute to Jim Henson about a month after he died. His family and all the muppeteers were there along with Michael Eisner. They premiered here come the muppets that day with a performance in front of the Chinese theater. I have some of the tribute recorded on VHS somewhere. I wonder if we will ever see the Kermit and piggy characters again.
I wish. That would make my year. On another note, I might drop by MK this Friday while I'm off work to attempt to meet Robin Hood, etc.

How long are the waits?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom