Long Lost Friends Week January 20-26

MRGEFF

Why more? We should be happy that WDW is doing something like this and to be honest the line-up sounds really good. Remember this is just an extra.
We totally agree with you. It is't special if they are always out. Plus there are soooo many of our favorite charaters that we would all like to see, the lists would be never ending.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
They were giving out special autograph cards.

Front
http://www./2013/01/long-lost-friends-return-to-walt-disney-world-for-limited-time-magic-with-ludwig-von-drake-robin-hood-more-rare-meets/http://www./wp-content/uploads/2013/01/autograph-ducktales-550x550.jpg

Back
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2013/01/autograph-scrooge-ludwig-550x550.jpg

Stoneinc

Long time looked, first time poster

My group of 5 saw Ducktales, Clarabelle/Horace, and 3 Pigs group at the last session before lunch (the hour break). Went back 10 minutes before the came back out at 1:30 and saw Robin Hood. Room a break, met princesses, came out and saw Pinochio group. Lines weren't too bad at all.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
We went to Long Lost Friends today and it was a lot of fun. There were 5 separate areas:
  • Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Prince John and Sheriff of Nottingham (left part of Town Square)
  • Scrooge McDuck and Ludwig von Drake (right part of Town Square)
  • Big Bad Wolf and Three Little Pigs (in front of Chapeau Hat Shop)
  • Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow (to the right of Town Square Theater)
  • Pinocchio, Geppetto and Jiminy Cricket (in front of Town Square Theater)
They came out in half hour periods. Each time an announcement was made and the characters came walking onto the square holding flags with their name on it. They would walk to their location and put the flag in the special "Long Lost Friends" sign. After the half hour there was another announcement, each character retrieved their flag and walked off the square (leaving a lot of people in line that didn't make it). We were there for 1:30-2:00, 2:30-3:00 and 3:30-4:00.

We noticed that there were a lot of adults in line. The line at Scrooge and Luwdig was about 20 minutes and it was all adults. I think a lot of passholders came for this event.

When we got pictures with the Robin Hood characters there was a team from the Disney Parks Blog. They asked us and some other guests if they could take pictures that may be used for the blog. We signed release forms and received Disney Parks Blog pins. One of the blog people told us that the pictures may be used either next week or later in the year if more Long Lost Friends weeks are held for Limited Time Magic and the same characters are used.

friends1d.jpg

friends3.jpg

friends4.jpg

friends2l.jpg

JafarMaleficent

We went to Long Lost Friends today and it was a lot of fun. There were 5 separate areas:
  • Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Prince John and Sheriff of Nottingham (left part of Town Square)
  • Scrooge McDuck and Ludwig von Drake (right part of Town Square)
  • Big Bad Wolf and Three Little Pigs (in front of Chapeau Hat Shop)
  • Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow (to the right of Town Square Theater)
  • Pinocchio, Geppetto and Jiminy Cricket (in front of Town Square Theater)
They came out in half hour periods. Each time an announcement was made and the characters came walking onto the square holding flags with their name on it. They would walk to their location and put the flag in the special "Long Lost Friends" sign. After the half hour there was another announcement, each character retrieved their flag and walked off the square (leaving a lot of people in line that didn't make it). We were there for 1:30-2:00, 2:30-3:00 and 3:30-4:00.

We noticed that there were a lot of adults in line. The line at Scrooge and Luwdig was about 20 minutes and it was all adults. I think a lot of passholders came for this event.

When we got pictures with the Robin Hood characters there was a team from the Disney Parks Blog. They asked us and some other guests if they could take pictures that may be used for the blog. We signed release forms and received Disney Parks Blog pins. One of the blog people told us that the pictures may be used either next week or later in the year if more Long Lost Friends weeks are held for Limited Time Magic and the same characters are used.

friends1d.jpg

friends3.jpg

friends4.jpg

friends2l.jpg

I was there yesterday and saw that. I figured that's what it was for. Cool you got selected.

Genie of the Lamp

Now all we need is for TDO to realize that guests don't always want to see the same characters at every park(not that it's a bad thing) but every so often change it up a bit and put in some of these "long lost" characters which will bring local guests into the park and take advantage of these rare opportunities. I also like the fact that they give you autograph cards instead of having the characters sign your autograph book because it increases efficiency for the meet and greets and while it may take away albeit of the personal experience, it will give the opportunity for more people to see these characters and not be cut off right when the characters have to go for a potty break.
Autograph cards= more guests meeting/greeting characters efficiently
Autograph books= less guests meeting/greeting characters efficiently

asianway

Now all we need is for TDO to realize that guests don't always want to see the same characters at every park(not that it's a bad thing) but every so often change it up a bit and put in some of these "long lost" characters which will bring local guests into the park and take advantage of these rare opportunities. I also like the fact that they give you autograph cards instead of having the characters sign your autograph book because it increases efficiency for the meet and greets and while it may take away albeit of the personal experience, it will give the opportunity for more people to see these characters and not be cut off right when the characters have to go for a potty break.
Autograph cards= more guests meeting/greeting characters efficiently
Autograph books= less guests meeting/greeting characters efficiently
Except that show should come before efficiency.

Genie of the Lamp

True ain't gonna lie your right about that I was just trying to make the point that if they give guests the autographed cards, you'll see less whiny screaming kids not getting to meet let's say Donald Duck since his last shift just ended right as they were next in line to meet him. Your absolutetly right though, I'm a newbie poster that just joined today however I've been reading these posts for about a few years since Fantasyland expansion was announced and as time goes by I will generally know what I should/shouldn't post because in reality I'm the kinda person who speaks before I think.

Genie of the Lamp

How about a Hunchback of Notre Dame unit of Quaisimodo, Esmerelda, Captain Phoebus, and Clopin. Only concern there is would the appearence of Quaisimodo scare off children since he does have that unique look to him? But I think this could be an interesting unit. But then again this is Long Lost Friends we're dealing with here, meaning they have to be characters who appeared in the parks sometime before, so that eliminates this suggestion since (I don't know I could be wrong here but forgive me here) none of these characters have made any previous appearences in WDW parks. Again, I could be wrong here. Could even put Clopin and Esmerelda into the street party for this suggested timeframe

doctornick

I'd like to see a DAK based Long Lost Friends that includes animal characters that aren't used any more. I think it would make sense to have popular Limited Time Magic promotions like this be used to direct people to the other (less busy) parks rather than the MK.

Genie of the Lamp

I agree Nick. Since Long Lost Friends has been a talked about promotion that brought O-Town locals into the WDW Parks, they should expand this to not just the MK(if they ever choose to do this again), but also less visited parks such as DAK like you stated and DHS that brings those people to those less visited parks and relive the memories of what it was like to meet them back then. So I'm assuming here that this will be one of the very select few good promotions for WDW in this marketing campaign? Next being the rumored comeback of the pretty cool Princess Tiana's Showboat Jubillie that should have never left in the first place.

BrightImagine

This was the only thing I cared about from the LTM announcement, and it happened to fall during our vacation! We went to see Horace and Clarabelle, the Robin Hood group, and the Pigs and Wolf yesterday. I stood in the line for the Pigs during their second to last set and by that time it was pretty crazy long. I was surrounded by adults, mostly men, in the line. My family didn't make it back in time so I have a picture of just me with all of them. The Wolf licked me.

We loved this event! My kid cares for very few rides but absolutely loves characters, and we met almost all of the ones that were out during the course of the week. This event was perfect for families like mine. I hope this will be the start of a trend... Rarer characters aren't just for holidays.

joanna71985

How about a Hunchback of Notre Dame unit of Quaisimodo, Esmerelda, Captain Phoebus, and Clopin. Only concern there is would the appearence of Quaisimodo scare off children since he does have that unique look to him? But I think this could be an interesting unit. But then again this is Long Lost Friends we're dealing with here, meaning they have to be characters who appeared in the parks sometime before, so that eliminates this suggestion since (I don't know I could be wrong here but forgive me here) none of these characters have made any previous appearences in WDW parks. Again, I could be wrong here. Could even put Clopin and Esmerelda into the street party for this suggested timeframe

I know at least Esmeralda has been at WDW, because I have met her

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom