Location of a fifth park

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
lewisc said:
The issue really isn't land. Disney has been selling off land. In addition to the locations already mentioned Disney could always use a parking lot and build a garage. It's even possible that Disney might get rid of one golf course.
Disney is constantly buying and selling land. It means nothing.

DisneyRoxMySox

lewisc said:
The issue really isn't land. Disney has been selling off land. In addition to the locations already mentioned Disney could always use a parking lot and build a garage. It's even possible that Disney might get rid of one golf course.

It's all for investment purposes. I wish they could have bought the land where that stupid Hilton is going. :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

disney1266

Has anyone noticed that there was a new road built just south of Coronado Springs. Looks like a major road into/out of Disney that will take you to the Turnpike north. This road is directly north of Animal Kingdom. has anyone been down it yet to see where it goes?

metscool

Has anyone noticed that there was a new road built just south of Coronado Springs. Looks like a major road into/out of Disney that will take you to the Turnpike north. This road is directly north of Animal Kingdom. has anyone been down it yet to see where it goes?
I notice that road and it is not my GPS and it didn't have a name on it. I haven't been down it.

clarkstallings

To the credit of one bus driver: when I was like ten, before Animal Kingdom had been announced, a bus driver told my family about the "new zoo theme park that would have a river rapids ride and a safari with live animals." He got that one right, but that's the only example I know of.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member

Thats Western Way, it connects to a toll road I believe (not sure which one). Here are some threads discussing it. :wave:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=78594&highlight=western+way

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=73284&highlight=western+way

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=71540&highlight=western+way

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=71540&highlight=western+way

jedimaster1227

There's a fifth gate coming? Cool! I wonder where they'll put it? :lookaroun

Whether or not that was sarcasm (I couldn't tell), I'm still going to answer the question.

The fifth gate isn't happening for a long time, like others have already said...But, if it does get built (whether it is 20 years from now, 5 years from now or tomorrow), it will be on Western Way. I have seen the land up close when the main gate would be located. If the project is really still in the works, then it won't happen for a while.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Hi...I was the one who brought up this post...the whole purpose was "IF" they built it...where would it go due to the Space that is left.

JEDIsney

The fifth gate isn't happening for a long time, like others have already said...But, if it does get built (whether it is 20 years from now, 5 years from now or tomorrow), it will be on Western Way. I have seen the land up close when the main gate would be located. If the project is really still in the works, then it won't happen for a while.
Hmm... isn't that what you showed me and told me about?

Thurp

What we need to realize is that WDW is going to outlive all of us. It's going to be around 50, 60, 70, .... years longer. It's not going anywhere.

They can't keep building parks in our lifetime and use up all the land. They need to keep building new parks and resorts for future generations.

So I'm sure it'll be a minimum of 10 or 15 years before there is even any official talk of a 5th gate.

Right now, like others have said, they need to work on improving the current parks, even if it means opening other lands inside of those parks. There is plenty of room to do that. And people will keep coming back to see these new things, even if they are not new parks.

PTINDY

Enhance current parks

I agree with David R and a few others.
They need to spend time and money enhancing the parks they currently have, not on a new park.
As it stands you can knock out Animal Kingdom and MGM-D.Studios in the same day.:brick:

But, if they ever did build a new park they should incorporate more of the classic/older Disney films.

MicheleK

I agree with adding new attractions in the current parks. I would like to see a fifth gate when my kids are adults and I can visit with my grandkids. For now, enhance what is already there.:wave:

MetFan81

I have never posted but have read these boards for a long time!

As to the initial point of this thread here is my top three choices:

1 - On the Western Way. This new road is currently a time saving device with no other real purpose except to bring in more cars from the West. It also has alot of good land as per the satelite photos for construction. Also, it would open up a whole new resort area.

2 - MK Parking lot - Awhile ago on MiceAge, Kevin Yee wrote that this is the potential next park location. Lets see why - it could be on the Epcot monorail hence a free monorail extension of sorts and 2-the land is already cleared with tar covering it.

I do not like this location due to its close nature to the magic kingdom but it could work.

3 - Near the Wild World of Sports. It has been reported that there has been land clearing hear and this is true thanks to Google Earth.

I really think it is simply a matter of time before we get a 5th park. However, there is no reason to add one for awhile. Orlando has so many parks and until attendence at the Disney parks reaches a real high, I am thinking 18 million at MK and 10 to 12 million at both Epoct and AK there is no need for a new gate.

lewisc

Disney wants to keep us "on site" for the duration of our Orlando vacation. Look at DME, MYW Ticket pricing and even the meal plan all help accomplish this goal.

Disney already has 4 major theme parks, 2 water parks, 2 mini-golf locations, DTD and resort activites. They have enough to keep guests occupied for their entire vacation.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting; take a look at the RCID WDW land allocation. A lot of the areas mentioned in this, and other, threads are unsuitable for any development.

This dosn`t include the Med Resort penninsula, BTW :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom