Location of a fifth park

Baums101

Epcot and MGM are basically just across the street from each other... you can even see ToT from Epcot. Why couldn't they put one closer to each other?
yeah and now you can see EE rising above in place around the world. That I think is awesome because it shows Disney's different sides.

RSoxNo1

If a park was to be built on the MK/Ticket and Transportation Center I'd be interested to see how they handle MK parking. I suppose that's a problem for another decade.

Does anyone know the daily, and in turn, yearly capacity of these parks? I remember from my business studies that the ideal operations for a hotel or theme park or anything of that nature is around 75-80% of capacity.

iheartdisney91

I've looked at satellite images of the entire resort complex and it gets me wondering of the whole idea of a fifth park we all like to dream about. And the only place that looks like they could place is east of the Magic Kingdom... any other place I've seen is either too close to a resort or closer to another park.

I could be wrong tho on where it could go...but..where would you think?

LOL your icon is really funny! but on about the 5th park if they ever decided to do this what would be in it? anyone know?:lol:

disneylandkid

Account Suspended
If a park was to be built on the MK/Ticket and Transportation Center I'd be interested to see how they handle MK parking. I suppose that's a problem for another decade.

Does anyone know the daily, and in turn, yearly capacity of these parks? I remember from my business studies that the ideal operations for a hotel or theme park or anything of that nature is around 75-80% of capacity.

what they would end up doing for parking would be build parking structures somewhere, they did this at disneyland and it worked out fine.

jedimaster1227

Futurama did one of their first episodes on that...

That was one of the funiest episodes of the series-and now we are getting more!

And no, you all are wrong. The fifth gate will be here on Earth, the 6th will be on the moon and the 7th will be on an orbital space station built by Disney by 2020. :lol:

Bullredchaser

I must be one of the few that believe a 5th park is needed.It would be nice if I didnt have to also go to Universal,Islands of Adventure,and Busch Gardens for more adult and extreme rides.Also I love going to Sea World for the marine theme and believe Disney could really do a great job with the theme like they did with Disney Sea.The more Disney does the less guest have to explore outside Disney World.For example since Disney made the two water parks I no longer go to Wet n Wild.While there where more rides at Wet n Wild the theming and special feeling is far superior at Blizzard and Typhoon Lagoon so the choice for this consumer is easy.

napnet

I must be one of the few that believe a 5th park is needed.It would be nice if I didnt have to also go to Universal,Islands of Adventure,and Busch Gardens for more adult and extreme rides.

Well, to me, Walt Disney World is ment to be a family park with family rides. I think Universal and Busch Gardens have their place in offering roller coasters where Walt Disney World offers highly themed rides. I would hate to see a roller coaster like Dualing Dragons or the Hulk where there is just metal tracks sticking up on the horizon versus a highly themed beautiful mountain like Everest.

When i visit Six Flags in ATL i go there for the nausiating rides (for my wife, i'd puke :hurl:) but at WDW i go for the amazing themeing and transportation to another place.

I also don't see a need for a 5th park since there is so much of AK not used along with updates to Epcot. I don't expect a 5th gate for another good 10 years... but thats just me

PintoColvig

I must be one of the few that believe a 5th park is needed.It would be nice if I didnt have to also go to Universal,Islands of Adventure,and Busch Gardens for more adult and extreme rides.Also I love going to Sea World for the marine theme and believe Disney could really do a great job with the theme like they did with Disney Sea.The more Disney does the less guest have to explore outside Disney World.For example since Disney made the two water parks I no longer go to Wet n Wild.While there where more rides at Wet n Wild the theming and special feeling is far superior at Blizzard and Typhoon Lagoon so the choice for this consumer is easy.
While I agree that it would be neat for Disney to combine Disney Seas with a Sea World concept, I don't think it is necessary nor that it will happen. The Living Seas at Epcot could have been expanded to become a full park or at least been included at AK as an aquatic animal area. That said, it's not going to happen. If we ever see Disney Seas at WDW, it will be more of a copy of what's in Tokyo and will not be seen for more than a decade at the earliest. Probably longer than that. Probably never.

As for the thrill rides, Disney takes a lot of criticism for not keeping up with the coaster craze (ala Six Flags). Yet, I believe Disney has found a proper balance between size-restricted, age-restricted thrills and family friendly attractions. The result? Disney is seeing ever-increasing attendance and profits while other non-Disney parks are struggling and are beginning to turn to the Disney model.

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2006/05/21/six_flags_embarks_on_a_new_adventure/

I guess I'll need to visit Japan if I ever want to experience Disney Seas. :cry:

GothMickey

You have to go to IOA and Universal for thrill rides??

Disney: Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Test Track, Soaring, Mission Space, Kali River Rapids, Everest, Dinosaur, Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror..... I think Disney has a perfect blend of family rides, mild thrills and total thrills.... IOA is not as successful as Universal had hoped.... Attendence was driven up, what, one year after it opened? Since then, Universal's numbers are down... Six Flags numbers are down... I don't think a 5th park based on thrill rides would be a total success.. IOA proved that.... Disney does not need a 5th park right now... especially one based on all thrill rides...

scotth1224

You have to go to IOA and Universal for thrill rides??

Disney: Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Test Track, Soaring, Mission Space, Kali River Rapids, Everest, Dinosaur, Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror..... I think Disney has a perfect blend of family rides, mild thrills and total thrills.... IOA is not as successful as Universal had hoped.... Attendence was driven up, what, one year after it opened? Since then, Universal's numbers are down... Six Flags numbers are down... I don't think a 5th park based on thrill rides would be a total success.. IOA proved that.... Disney does not need a 5th park right now... especially one based on all thrill rides...

Let me preface by saying that I am not trying to argue with you at all and that I know that your remarks about attendance are correct.
I love Disney....I daydream about it and cant wait to immerse myself in the fantasy every year.
But lets be realistic......Disneys rides are superior in all aspects except for absolute thrill.
I don't care how many time you ride btmr or everest or really RnRc...they can not live up to the adrenaline thrill of say a hulk or dueling dragons. These rides are there for viseral thrill only....not much story, not much scenery, just heart pounding, screaming, get off and run around to ride again thrills!
I am the kind of person who needs and loves both....Coaster kinda thrills...Spiderman thrills.....and also Disney completely kinda immersive thriils...i.e ToT, Potc...etc.....
For me a fifth gate of thrill rides would do only one thing....Assure that the extra 2 days out of my Disney Week that i spend at Universal and IoA, would be spent at home on Disney Soil.....Screaming my lungs out on Maleficent "The Ride" ;)

Stitch69

I would love a 5th park. But think they should contuine to beef up AK- they still need more stuff. Epcot could use some more rides as well. So let's let them work on those for now.

GothMickey

Let me preface by saying that I am not trying to argue with you at all and that I know that your remarks about attendance are correct.
I love Disney....I daydream about it and cant wait to immerse myself in the fantasy every year.
But lets be realistic......Disneys rides are superior in all aspects except for absolute thrill.
I don't care how many time you ride btmr or everest or really RnRc...they can not live up to the adrenaline thrill of say a hulk or dueling dragons. These rides are there for viseral thrill only....not much story, not much scenery, just heart pounding, screaming, get off and run around to ride again thrills!
I am the kind of person who needs and loves both....Coaster kinda thrills...Spiderman thrills.....and also Disney completely kinda immersive thriils...i.e ToT, Potc...etc.....
For me a fifth gate of thrill rides would do only one thing....Assure that the extra 2 days out of my Disney Week that i spend at Universal and IoA, would be spent at home on Disney Soil.....Screaming my lungs out on Maleficent "The Ride" ;)

I totally understand what you are saying... But, we don't go to Disney for the thrills.. If I wanted that, I would go to Six Flags.. or Universal... These two parks give you a different experience, one Disney still does deliver... Disney adds a dimension to their rides, SToRY.. not just toss your body around until you puke thrill rides.. I think RNRC is just as thrilling as Hulk.... And Spider-man, what can I say about that ride... As much as I don't like Universal or IOA, I love the Spide-man ride....

PintoColvig

A fifth gate of thrill rides would lead to one thing...a Disney park with Universal or Six Flags lower-than-Disney attendance levels. Personally, I'm sure I would enjoy the thrills (especially with Disney's creative twist on them) but, realistically, many families would stay away. Disney's too smart for that. They will only build parks that have the broadest of appeal. Sorry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom