Location of a fifth park

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
:lol: we`ve both been to Google. Below is all the info I have. Green is the designated resort area. Blue is the Seven Seas extention - note the inlet used to be wider on the 16th plot plan, and also longer. Yellow are major roads.

Remember - this is not green lit or anything, but it is based on official documents. Subject to change, alteration or mothballing!

Attachments

• Seven Seas west resort plan copy.jpg
    Seven Seas west resort plan copy.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 332

ShoreDopey

5th Park Rumor

On my recent trip to WDW I was lucky enough to sit in the front car of a monorail with a very knowledgable and energetic monorail driver. He was absolutely great to hang out with for the few minutes we got to talk to him for. He ensured us that a monorail expansion was coming to both MGM and Animal Kingdom very soon. The second piece of rumor he told us was that they want to expand the monorail for the upcoming new park. We were like what? We did not ask him anything about a new park, and all of a sudden he is telling us that he has heard that a 5th park is being planned with a villian theme. He also told us it is planned to be more of an extreme park with more parks for young adults and adults. As you can assume I walked off that monorail completely shocked and suprised that a cast member is telling guests these types of rumors or plans. One other piece of information I wanted to throw at you all is a little piece of information that I got when going on the Keys to the Kingdom tour in the Magic Kingdom. We were told that 1/3 of Disney's land in Florida has been used, 1/3 of Disney's land was promised not to be used, and this means that 1/3 of Disney's land still needs to be developed. We were shocked when we were told this as well! I mean if Disney only used 1/3 of there land for 4 theme parks, multiple hotels, 2 water parks, and more, they have plenty of land to make some new amazing things in the future. Hope this makes all of you as excited as it did for me! :rolleyes:

DisneyRoxMySox

I heard the same thing from a bus drive once!! It has to be true!

:lookaroun

Sorry, but a lot of CMs tell those types of rumors. There is very little truth to them. Although I beleive the 1/3 of land being used and 1/3 promised not too, is true. :wave:

CoffeeJedi

ShoreDopey said:
On my recent trip to WDW I was lucky enough to sit in the front car of a monorail with a very knowledgable and energetic monorail driver. He was absolutely great to hang out with for the few minutes we got to talk to him for. He ensured us that a monorail expansion was coming to both MGM and Animal Kingdom very soon. The second piece of rumor he told us was that they want to expan the monorail for the upcoming new park. We were like what? We did not ask him anything about a new park, and all of a sudden he is telling us that he has heard that a 5th park is being planned with a villian theme. He also told us it is planned to be more of an extreme park with more parks for young adults and adults. As you can assume I walked off that monorail completely shocked and suprised that a cast member is telling guests these types of rumors or plans.

oh my
Hmmm, where to start..... ummm.... basically, those are the same rumors that we've been hearing tossed around here on a weekly basis for YEARS, and none of them are true. There's a running gag that bus drivers (or in this case, monorail pilots) are the biggest spreaders of these rumors.
About once a week, a new guest such as yourself signs up on WDWmagic and mentions the monorail expansion, 5th park (almost always thrill rides or villians), or Harry Potter attraction. A good rule of thumb though, is that if a bus driver says it, its probably NOT true. You have to remember that the average WDW castmember isn't privvy to any more information than the average guest. They might hear rumors from within, but very seldom do they ever really come true.

Tim G

CoffeeJedi said:
About once a week, a new guest such as yourself signs up on WDWmagic and mentions the monorail expansion, 5th park (almost always thrill rides or villians), or Harry Potter attraction.
You forgot the coming of Beastly Kingdom... :lookaroun

ShoreDopey

Rumors...Rumors...Rumors...Oh My!

Actually, the 1/3 thing is true. I was told this on the Keys to the Kingdom tour in the Magic Kingdom. The expansion of the monorail was also talked about by our tour guide on the tour. The only actual rumor part of my post was the part about the 5th park. Since this thread was about this rumor, then I would have to say I have all the right in the world to post something I heard about it here. Hence why it is under the rumor section. Secondly, I am not new to this website. I have been a member since April of 2005 thanks. :king:

CoffeeJedi

Why are you getting so defensive? Relax.
*you only had 2 posts so i thought you were new
*i didn't quote the part about 1/3 land use, as i no nothing about its validity, so i didn't comment on it
*i never said that you didn't didn't have the right to post a rumor, but this thread is really about the logistics about the continued rumor, not really the rumor itself (does that make sense?)
Chill out dude.

Tim G

ShoreDopey said:
Actually, the 1/3 thing is true. I was told this on the Keys to the Kingdom tour in the Magic Kingdom. The expansion of the monorail was also talked about by our tour guide on the tour. The only actual rumor part of my post was the part about the 5th park. Since this thread was about this rumor, then I would have to say I have all the right in the world to post something I heard about it here. Hence why it is under the rumor section. Secondly, I am not new to this website. I have been a member since April of 2005 thanks. :king:

[off topic mode = on]

I have a serious friendly and polite request... If possible, could you use a different font... My eyes are starting to hurt... It's "Comic Sans" I guess.. while "Verdana", Black, size 2, is much better to read...

Thanks. :D

[off topic mode = off]

Back on topic... There alot of rumors spread in the Tours... you'll need very much SALT... not a grain, but about 50 lbs... :D

ShoreDopey

Actually I am not getting so defensive, but there was no reason for you to jump down my throat about a rumor that I heard. I posted this rumor because we are in the WDW Parks News and Rumors category. Maybe you should go on the Keys to the Kingdom tour then you could validate what I posted. I don't think I got defensive, but there was no reason to act the way you did because you thought I was a new member. :king:

Tim G

ShoreDopey said:
Actually I am not getting so defensive, but there was no reason for you to jump down my throat about a rumor that I heard. I posted this rumor because we are in the WDW Parks News and Rumors category. Maybe you should go on the Keys to the Kingdom tour then you could validate what I posted. I don't think I got defensive, but there was no reason to act the way you did because you thought I was a new member. :king:
[off topic mode = on]

I have a serious friendly and polite request... If possible, could you use a different font... My eyes are starting to hurt... It's "Comic Sans" I guess.. while "Verdana", Black, size 2, is much better to read...

Thanks. :D

[off topic mode = off]

uglybug2005

Corrus said:
Back on topic... There alot of rumors spread in the Tours... you'll need very much SALT... not a grain, but about 50 lbs... :D

Monorail Driver, not tour guide. Tour guides (at least at MK) try to steer clear of rumors. Tour guides actually seem to spend quite a bit of tour time dispelling the insane rumors people read on the internet.

Also, the development figures, according to the keys script is 1/4 set aside for wildlife conservation, just over 1/4 developed, which leaves nearly half of the property. Keep in mind that development of that remaining half-or-so is not manditory or required.

Also also, the master plan is by no means set in stone, and has changed many times. The area "near WWoS" designated as attractions area on the master plan circa 1996 actually became WWoS. There is not a theme park planned at WWoS, WWoS is the attraction (as hard as that may be to type without laughing.)

djronnieb

uglybug2005 said:
Monorail Driver, not tour guide. Tour guides (at least at MK) try to steer clear of rumors. Tour guides actually seem to spend quite a bit of tour time dispelling the insane rumors people read on the internet.

Also, the development figures, according to the keys script is 1/4 set aside for wildlife conservation, just over 1/4 developed, which leaves nearly half of the property. Keep in mind that development of that remaining half-or-so is not manditory or required.

Also also, the master plan is by no means set in stone, and has changed many times. The area "near WWoS" designated as attractions area on the master plan circa 1996 actually became WWoS. There is not a theme park planned at WWoS, WWoS is the attraction (as hard as that may be to type without laughing.)

what is WWoS????

S.E.A.

Wide World of Sports, djronnieb

and sure, the master plan isn't set in stone, but they can certaily use it for reference for new ideas.

Rockin Roller

I still really hope before they even build a fifth park that they first add more attractions to some of the parks that really need some rides and stuff like MGm. I wouldnt be upset if they made a fifth park but I rather see more rides, shows, and other stuff. In my opinion if u built a park disney should wait another few years. I realize building the park would take a while but I rather c more rides and stuff in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom