Location of a fifth park

S.E.A.

marni1971 said:
Bay Lake is natural. Seven Seas Lagoon is man made. Bay Lake isn`t that deep considering it was pumped dry in the late 60`s.
oh ok well it was pumped dry so yeah it really ain't that deep.

slappy magoo

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone...

Also known as...the future sight of Walt Disney World's Fifth Gate...

MickeyTigg

Cmdr_Crimson said:
I've looked at satellite images of the entire resort complex and it gets me wondering of the whole idea of a fifth park we all like to dream about. And the only place that looks like they could place is east of the Magic Kingdom... any other place I've seen is either too close to a resort or closer to another park.

I could be wrong tho on where it could go...but..where would you think?

In your mind....there's not going to be a 5th park anytime soon.

MacDuffieMuppet

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
If you were going to build anything near Bay Lake it would take tons of money to build supports for anything that is go into the water because the water in Bay Lake is very very deep.

Dont get me wrong but wasnt there talk of putting a resort in either bay lake or the seven seas lagoon, not too long ago on here.

im doing a web search right now so if i find anythign about it ill post it,but i am not having luck...ive tried searching sea hotel, new hotel.

this would be another hotel for the magic kingdom, they just opened up pop centry, so im guessing they would wait a little while before putting up any more or buidling a new park.

Skippy

MacDuffieMuppet said:
...they just opened up pop centry, so im guessing they would wait a little while before putting up any more or buidling a new park.
Not only did they just open PC, they haven't even finished it yet!

Oh those sad, sad legendary years...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Over the years the Venitian and Meditteranian were supposed to go between the T&TC and the Contemporary. According to the last press release I have the Med was slated to open 7 years ago, so unless they can fix the sinking issue it`ll remain scrubland.

The Kingdom Suites were planned on the Seven Seas shore between the Contemporary and the MK, and the Persian was destined for Bay Lake where the bone yard is today (north of the Contemporary)

Cyprus Point was planned for where Wilderness Lodge is, and Buffalo Junction was planned to go in Fort Wilderness.

Aside from the STOLport area, the other area of interest is west of the GF; plans from 1971 still exist to extend Seven Seas westward and build a major resort here. This one has been making a lot of noise lately too.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
marni1971 said:
... the other area of interest is west of the GF; plans from 1971 still exist to extend Seven Seas westward and build a major resort here. This one has been making a lot of noise lately too.

huh? :veryconfu

Extend the lagoon?

I must have had my head in the sand on that one. Where can I hear more?

Skippy

I heard it was very deep from a cast memeber. That is the reason why you cant swim in Bay Lake.
The reason swimming is not allowed in Bay Lake is for guest safety from harmful bacteria found in many Floridian waters.

M:SpilotISTC12

Im sorry for the false info. I looked it up that the deepest part is 8 feet 4 inches. I was told by a CM that its really deep and that was the reason the there was no swimming. Sorry.:hammer:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I heard it was very deep from a cast memeber. That is the reason why you cant swim in Bay Lake.
The reason for not swimming in Bay Lake is Primary Amebic Meningoencephalitis.

Primary Amebic Meningoencephalitis (PAM) is a rare disease caused by infection with the ameba Naegleria fowleri. This ameba is commonly found in the environment. It is most commonly found in soil or warm, stagnant bodies of fresh water, such as lakes, rivers, and hot springs, unchlorinated pools, and in discharge or holding basins worldwide.1,2,3
Infection occurs rarely in humans when the ameba is believed to enter the body through the nose and travel to the brain via the olfactory nerve where it can cause swelling of the brain or linings of the brain. Onset begins abruptly with headache, sometimes with slight upper respiratory inflammation, rapidly progressing to include fever, vomiting, symptoms of meningitis and other central nervous system involvement, followed within a few days by deep coma and death.4 Infections usually result in death within 7-10 days of onset.
There are less than 200 cases of disease reported in the world literature and fewer than 20 have been documented in Florida2,5. Cases are usually reported in children and young adults who have recent exposure to freshwater lakes or streams. The first cases documented in Florida come from Orange County in 1962.6 A review of PAM cases in 1990 included 14 Florida cases as of January 1990. Thirteen of 14 cases were in males and the age of cases ranged between 2 and 23 years of age (mean 12 years) with onset between July and October. Bureau records indicate 2 cases during the 1990s. A 14-year-old boy diedPAM in 1997 after swimming at a canal in Orange County. A second fatality from PAM was confirmed in a 19-year-old Palm Beach County boy in 1999. Other sporadic cases may have occurred during the intervening decade, but these cases are not reportable and therefore complete data are not available.
A survey conducted in the early 1970s found that over 46% (12/26) of all lakes surveyed in Florida have the pathogenic ameba and it is believed that more extensive sampling would result in recovery of the ameba from most Florida lakes.7 Studies have conclusively shown pathogenic Naegleria to be widely distributed in lake bottom sediment or at the sediment/lake water interface.8
Naegleria fowleri is known to thrive in freshwater where the temperature exceeds 86° F. While studies indicate that chlorination of pools, ponds etc. can destroy cysts and trophozoites of pathogenic Naegleria, there are no practical means of controlling the ameba in lakes and streams.9
The following guidelines for prevention appear on the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (www.cdc.gov), however their scientific basis is not established and their ability to change the low incidence of this disease is unclear.
  • Do not swim or jump into warm, stagnant, fresh water, such as ponds or warm water discharge pools, or unchlorinated swimming pools.
  • Do not swim in polluted water.
  • Do not swim in areas posted as "No Swimming."
  • Hold your nose, or use nose plugs when jumping or diving into water.

from http://www.flms.net/pdf_files/cflms_newsletters/cflms_summer_2002.pdf

AEfx

Im sorry for the false info. I looked it up that the deepest part is 8 feet 4 inches. I was told by a CM that its really deep and that was the reason the there was no swimming. Sorry.:hammer:
I'm pretty sure they know better too, but tell you what they do because "it's so deep!" sounds more dangerous than "if you distrub the sand on the bottom and ingest any water you may get a microbacteria", and keeps people from trying.

;)

AEfx

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
unkadug said:
huh? :veryconfu

Extend the lagoon?

I must have had my head in the sand on that one. Where can I hear more?

I`ve traced it as far back as the 16th preliminary plot plan of April 1971. This is the first time I`ve seen the Seven Seas area as it is today but with this addition. A channel would be cut north of the GF and a large canal would be dug west, and meander around the area north of the Magnolia golf course. This area is still designated resort expansion today. It could be the size of Port Orleans, or as large as Lake Buena Vista.

As I said, this proposal has resurfaced in recent months amongst my contacts. There also has to be a reason this area was chosen for the new home of RCES station #3.

maelstrom

marni1971 said:
I`ve traced it as far back as the 16th preliminary plot plan of April 1971. This is the first time I`ve seen the Seven Seas area as it is today but with this addition. A channel would be cut north of the GF and a large canal would be dug west, and meander around the area north of the Magnolia golf course. This area is still designated resort expansion today. It could be the size of Port Orleans, or as large as Lake Buena Vista.

As I said, this proposal has resurfaced in recent months amongst my contacts. There also has to be a reason this area was chosen for the new home of RCES station #3.

I must know more. Please PM me with more info!!

They should build a Hollywood themed hotel like the one in HKDL near MGM.

uglybug2005

marni1971 said:

You mean like the canal and lake that already exist in that location?
SevenSeas.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom