The Greatest Celebration In The Universe

PintoColvig

Welcome To
Disneyland MARS Resort

Grand Opening:
February 28, 2802

14 parks - 2 Planets

The Greatest Celebration In The Universe
Well, now that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, they could open up a Snow White themed park there...not until 2895, of course. :lookaroun

head mouse

Really? :lookaroun Out of ideas? :lookaroun I think they'll run out of money first before they run out of ideas. From what a few of the imagineer insiders around here tell us, we only see a small fraction of what they dream up.

Yes really, out of ideas. I am sure they have plenty of ideas for attractions, but for a whole THEMED park???

the-reason14

I would hope they would come out with something cool for there existing parks before they decide to make another one.

Wasnt it also known that creating more parks drove people away from the existing parks?

Bullredchaser

For the record when I said I would like to see a 5th park with more thrill rides Six Flags was not the model I had in mind.It was a park properly themed that is fun,imaginitive,and educational or atleast with some kind of positive message.Condensing a park with rides like Test Track,Mission Space,Dinosaur,Indian Jones(California),Space Mountain,Splash Mountain,Mt Everest,Tower of Terror etc.Disney Sea (Japan)fit's the bill pretty close in my book.

Scar Junior

Your definately right about the Magic being only inside Disney parks. But as far as roller coasters go, I could see AK becoming a big coaster park not like Six Flags but having more coasters than any of the other parks. Because of AK's theme they could theme more coasters there than could at Epcot or MK. MK doesnt need any more coasters. MGM could have more but I dont think there could be alot more ideas for coasters in a movie setting. I think what would make the public happy is making the newer parks(AK and MGM) into more of a thrill park but still keeping the family in mind and having MK and Epcot as more of historical point of Disney and still keeping the theme that Walt gave. It would please the people who want the historical Disney and the people who want thrill.

Where were my manners? Welcome to the boards.

Whether it happens or not, who knows. However, I don't think many people would disagree with you. AK has plenty of land and screams potential. MGM, on the other hand, has limited space but could still squeeze-in a thrill ride or two. The animal/continent theme allows an inifinite amount of concepts to come to life.

Plus, I don't think many people on these boards want MK or Epcot being "messed with." But keep in mind Disney doesn't worry about what we think, but rather what will help drive the public in through their gates ( I hate that arguement, but it should be brought up here). On the other hand, it would be a great way for them to go with your concept to allow each park a more solidified identity.

majortom1981

um

Why does everybody say comments about six flags that are just untrue?

Certainly you havent seen the golden kingdom section of Great adventure. That is themed really well. Even Kingda ka was themed.

Also Great adventure has the frontier section too (wich is not a copy opened up about the same time as magic kingdom in orlando did. )

Also you had to have seen skull mountains old que before it got shortened.

The problem about getting a thrill rides section at disney is it really would have to be completely different and new to work in disney.

I go to disney for there other rides. I do not go to disney for rollercoasters.

I think they should work on their current parks first. I personally think after visiting all four parks muyltiple times last week think that disney is starting to loose its magic.

They should really work on their current parks first. Why not work on putting a ride in each country like mexico and norway? I think that would get more people to learn about the other countries more.

RSoxNo1

Of course theres no theming at a "six flags" park. They cant theme rides if they have to keep building bigger and better Thrill machines for us Coaster Junkies. Yes I said Us because I am a coaster Junkie and live for thrill machines. I also love Disney for the magic that only they can make inside their parks.

I do believe that Disney could put up a "six flags" type of park. By that I mean a park with major coasters and other assorted attractions. Now if Disney did decide to do a park or a few rides like this. I would almost be willing to bet my pass that they would theme the heck out of it.

I would love to see a huge wooden coaster in Animal Kingdom. If my memory serves me corectly was there not one in the "Beastly Kingdom" section that never got built. I think it was themed too.

I do think the villans would be the proper theming for some bigger thrill rides. I for one would like to see Disney do a Suspended Looping coaster called "Flight on Bald Mountain".

The wooden coaster was going to be a regular steel tubular coaster made to look like a wooden coaster. It was going to be in the Dinoland section and called Excavator. It was going to be exploring an archeological dig. The coaster that was intended for Beastly Kingdom was "Dragon Towers" it was meant to be a hybrid coaster (I believe have floorless/half suspended).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom