Loaded gun found on Animal Kingdom ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark In KY

As if this doesn't already happen? <grin>
You are a bad influence. I prefer Boddington's as to be found at the most excellent Rose and Crown or Safari Amber as to be found at various spots in AK. I'll leave the Bud Lite to the dirty pajama/filthy house slipper wearing WalMartians and their snot nose spawn.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You are a bad influence. I prefer Boddington's as to be found at the most excellent Rose and Crown or Safari Amber as to be found at various spots in AK. I'll leave the Bud Lite to the dirty pajama/filthy house slipper wearing WalMartians and their snot nose spawn.

Walmartians. That's going to be my word for the day. That being said, I have nothing against Walmart. Though I do shop at Tar-jay. (only because it's closer to my house)

Mark In KY

Also known as "World of Disney".
So true. I actually had this discussion with several good friends tonite. They were over for dinner and drinks and were taking a gander at my Disneyana. We all commented on the "Made in China" designation on soooo much of it. It's a sad state of affairs; unless you are making $$ off of it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Back on topic (yeah right): guns are not needed, required, or appropriate in WDW.

I don't mind he had a gun on property, what raises my eyebrows is that he lost it.

I have a CC permit, and a Walther. I know where it is at all times. If I'm traveling and not taking it with me, I secure it someplace I trust and know it won't be used. I'd NEVER bring it on Disney Parks, nor do I take it when I travel if I'm not driving.

As I said before...you don't just "lose" a handgun. That's negligence, and considering the legal implications and potential ramifications of it, the simple fact a ride "shook" it out of his pocket should cost him his license, in my opinion.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As you obviously recognize, WDW is no place for a firearm, permit or not.

No place is a place for a firearm that is not well controlled. Bans are all nice and good, but firearms have prevented crimes in the past, and I'm not the sort who thinks they don't (not trying to get political about it, but I do subscribe to the theory that police can be minutes away when help is needed in seconds)...

That being said, people like this who have their sidearm dislodged "from a pocket" on a shaky amusement park ride and don't realize it until it's recovered...they do not need licenses to carry. I'd be interested to know if a round was chambered. If it was, I have even more questions regarding the incident.

I've a few friends who insist that when they carry they do so with chambered rounds, and I strongly disagree. That's just asking for an unfortunate accident, and with a semi-auto, chambering a round is a matter of seconds.

If you need more than the time it takes to chamber a round to decide if you are going to use that level of force, than you really should re-evaluate whether you should be carrying at all.

Again, all my opinion.

Black Pearl

Maybe he once saw the Pirates of the Caribbean with their muskets, became afraid, and thought "never again".

Mayhaps he mistook a relatives advice to "shoot a lot of pictures"

Could be that he was confused by the concept of Star Wars weekends and did not realize that a handgun with hallow points was in fact not a weapon from the saga.

Perhaps he thought his price on limited time magic of hunting on the Savanah was agreed on by Iger and word hadn't gotten back that they were going to pass for Starbucks's offer.

There's a chance he was an alien unaware of human courtesy and custom when one is in The World, and meant it as a sign of devotion and humbleness to the human race in honor of a great pact long since forged by John Carter many moons ago, and not a pointless, silly, ill concocted, selfish act of entitlement that luckily ended OK.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Maybe he once saw the Pirates of the Caribbean with their muskets, became afraid, and thought "never again".

Mayhaps he mistook a relatives advice to "shoot a lot of pictures"

Could be that he was confused by the concept of Star Wars weekends and did not realize that a handgun with hallow points was in fact not a weapon from the saga.

Perhaps he thought his price on limited time magic of hunting on the Savanah was agreed on by Iger and word hadn't gotten back that they were going to pass for Starbucks's offer.

There's a chance he was an alien unaware of human courtesy and custom when one is in The World, and meant it as a sign of devotion and humbleness to the human race in honor of a great pact long since forged by John Carter many moons ago, and not a pointless, silly, ill concocted, selfish act of entitlement that luckily ended OK.

What is John Carter?

FigmentJedi

But if it is a rule, there should be signs at the checkpoints, just like in any privately owned office complex that says I can't carry a gun on property. If it isn't a rule, then again the only issue was that he was careless and dropped it.
Good idea. The signs can be like those Timon and Pumbaa safety ones, but instead, it's Bambi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom