Loaded gun found on Animal Kingdom ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So does Disney have the right to not allow firearms on property have precedence over a concealed carry permit ?

Mark In KY

So does Disney have the right to not allow firearms on property have precedence over a concealed carry permit ?
I have no idea what FL law says about that. Having said that, adults have the right to purchase alcohol in FL, does WDW allow you to tote in your own booze?

King Capybara 77

Premium Member
Yes. As it is private property, the owner (in this case Disney) can state whatever rules they wish regarding firearms or any other materials on their private property.

Thank's.
I feel that this person should be banned from all Disney parks for life.For the simple reason that he broke Disney rules.Nothing to do with gun ownership (his was legal so no issue there).

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I have no idea what FL law says about that. Having said that, adults have the right to purchase alcohol in FL, does WDW allow you to tote in your own booze?

Nope, they don't. You can't bring offsite booze in the parks (legally)...not that people don't sneak in mini bottles to spike their Dole Whips!

On the Parks, Disney can pretty much dictate what they will and will not tolorate.

Even in a strip mall, we had the right to ban weapons from our stores, and more than once, I've had to inform someone that their permit doesn't mean they can walk into a CEC armed. Sometimes it went over well, and the person walked outside and put their gun in their car. Sometimes it meant that I barred them entrance, and they complained to corporate legal, which...informed them...they had no case.

King Capybara 77

Premium Member
Yes. Theyre fully within their rights to not permit ANY WEAPONS OF ANY SORT on their property.

Of course, you can get your concealed carry permit in florida for $49 according to a billboard I saw in Pine Hills...

But does the permit over-ride Disneys rights?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Then he should be banned.Simples. ignorance of the policies is no excuse.

Well, I dunno about banning. Not a huge fan of that. But, I do think that the fact he lost a firearm should raise eyebrows at the state level and lead to concern about his ability to properly care for and maintain control of a firearm (which is really what licensing is all about)...

As I said before...you don't just "lose" a handgun.

Mark In KY

Here in KY adults can purchase tobacco products. I don't allow smoking in my home, it upsets the dog. I have many friends who smoke and they know my rule and they step outside.
Whether the guy we've been discussing honestly felt as though he was "within his rights" or not is moot. He is NOT a responsible gun owner, permit or not.

billDozer

Yes. Theyre fully within their rights to not permit ANY WEAPONS OF ANY SORT on their property.

Of course, you can get your concealed carry permit in florida for $49 according to a billboard I saw in Pine Hills...
a loooooong class and surprisingly a very intensive test on gun safety.

King Capybara 77

Premium Member
Well, I dunno about banning. Not a huge fan of that. But, I do think that the fact he lost a firearm should raise eyebrows at the state level and lead to concern about his ability to properly care for and maintain control of a firearm (which is really what licensing is all about)...

As I said before...you don't just "lose" a handgun.

Agreed. And just for the record i have no issues with legal firearm ownership (growing up in a household (in the uk) with a father who regularly shoots at competition level)

Mark In KY

My point exactly. Private entities obviously have the right to set Rules and Regulations for activities, behavior and actions on their property.
Some gun owners seem to feel that their "permit" overrides all other concerns. Guess what? It doesn't.
The "right to own a firearm" is not without restrictions. No "right" is.
Regarding alcohol: I picture some sweatpants and wife beater wearing redneck showing up at the gate to the MK pulling their wheeler cooler loaded with a 30 pack of Bud Lite saying, "But I bought it legally".

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My point exactly. Private entities obviously have the right to set Rules and Regulations for activities, behavior and actions on their property.
Some gun owners seem to feel that their "permit" overrides all other concerns. Guess what? It doesn't.
The "right to own a firearm" is not without restrictions. No "right" is.
Regarding alcohol: I picture some sweatpants and wife beater wearing redneck showing up at the gate to the MK pulling their wheeler cooler loaded with a 30 pack of Bud Lite saying, "But I bought it legally".

As if this doesn't already happen? <grin>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom