Original Poster
Saw this a few ago.

Orlando Sentinel said:
Loaded gun found on Walt Disney World ride

Facebook
Twitter

By Arelis R. Hernández, Orlando Sentinel
11:51 am, May 29, 2013
A Walt Disney World park guest found a loaded gun in the seat of a ride at the Animal Kingdom that had fallen out of a man's back pocket.

A grandmother handed a Cobra .380-caliber semiautomatic pistol to a park attendant, who immediately contacted security and the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The owner, Angelo Lista, 44, of Royal Palm Beach realized he didn't have the firearm after getting off the ride and claimed it was his, according to a Sheriff's Office incident report.

Killnme

The O.S. also has a story up about it. They just kicked the guy out for the day. I think his excuse is crap b/c he had the gun in his pants at the security check and then put it in his back back once inside the park. He knew exactly what he was doing to get that in the park.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
The O.S. also has a story up about it. They just kicked the guy out for the day. I think his excuse is crap b/c he had the gun in his pants at the security check and then put it in his back back once inside the park. He knew exactly what he was doing to get that in the park.

That is the Orlando Sentinel story above. Their first version of it. I know that they are working on the story at the moment.

I believe it was dinosaur is the ride in question.

Bolt

Orlando Sentinel Article as of 12:03pm

A Walt Disney World park guest found a loaded gun in the seat of a ride at the Animal Kingdom that had fallen out of a man's back pocket on Sunday.
A grandmother handed a Cobra .380-caliber semiautomatic pistol to a park attendant, who immediately contacted security and the Orange County Sheriff's Office.
The owner, Angelo Lista, 44, of Royal Palm Beach claimed the firearm — which had five hollow point bullets inside — fell out of his back pocket during the bumpy Dinosaur ride, according to a Sheriff's Office incident report.
Deputies unloaded and confiscated the weapon.
Lista has a valid Florida concealed weapons permit and told authorities he did not know he was supposed to tell Disney security that he had the weapon.
According to the report, Lista thought the security bag checks were for explosives not guns. He had the pistol in a back pant pocket.
Deputies said Lista was apologetic and tried to retrieve the gun once the moment he realized it was no longer in his possession after the ride.
Disney authorities asked Lista to leave for the day but did not trespass him.
Lista complied, the report said.
arehernandez@tribune.com or 407-420-5471

luv

Everybody is packing heat in Florida, lol. Little old ladies carrying loaded guns...and encouraging me to do it, lol. So different than where I came from. Doesn't bother me - just different.

Losing it on a ride is not okay, though. If you're going to carry, you NEED to be responsible. They have to charge that guy with whatever it is they can. No excuse for leaving a loaded gun in a public place...and one filled with children, at that! Yikes!

Timekeeper

I wonder what Disney's position is on the culture of guns...

Guns.jpg

Mark In KY

It is up to PARENTS to decide whether or not to buy those toy guns for their children. It is up to parents to decide whether or not they are going to have guns in their homes and how those guns may be secured. It is not the job of Disney to do these things instead of parents.
The outcry against the "new Merida" is a similar circumstance, particularly as it relates to the argument that "she is no longer a good role model". Parents should be the role models and not expect Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Hollywood to provide them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom