Living with the Land Refurbishment 8/2/2009

Shere_Khan

You never know what they will close when you are there, they just do it. there are so many walls up its ridiculous. one it can be rnr, the next its primeval, then its china. its the change of seasons and they get you for it. Plus no more PI. its dissapointing to see such a great place at that time of year. Also. fantasmic only has one show per week that month, good luck getting a seat.

I don't think it is a terrible time to go at all. I guess I would rather a few closings then having to wait 45-90 minutes for some rides and waste the day that way. We went very early October last year and the only thing I remember being closed was Primevil Whirl. Crowds were very light and the weather was fairly hot but not all the time. As for Fantasmic that is one of the bummers for our trip this year, but that is due to my not planning our ADRs correctly because I did so before I saw the schedule. So I take that as being my fault. Had I given us time to go to the one show that week, we most definitely would have gotten a seat. I would have gotten there as early as necessary. But oh well - I have seen it before, there are different things (like restaurants) I want to experience this time.

mickey2008.1

Im all for maintenance, but when you close all the parks early like they are doing this year(september on), maintenace and cleaning can be done at night, not during the day for paying customers. Unless the maintenance is done for safety.

SirGoofy

Im all for maintenance, but when you close all the parks early like they are doing this year(september on), maintenace and cleaning can be done at night, not during the day for paying customers. Unless the maintenance is done for safety.

Unfortunately, there's somethings you cannot do on third shift, and the ride must be closed for the work.

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
Wow, I didn't realize so many people enjoyed this attraction, and hopefully it will be back up for everybody to enjoy their vacations in the next coming months.

Raven, the new boat is in boat storage, and is red tagged over to the side right next to the maintenance area. As a current cast member that works at both Soarin' and the boat ride, it for sure will be going down August 2nd, and I don't quite understand why Disney hasn't made an announcement, since it's right around the corner. It'll be interesting to see what ACTUALLY happens, since anything is possible with Disney.

Now as for the 'Cirle of Life' that is all just pure talk, and speculation,and anything is open for discussion on that show that has been there since 1995. I'm ready to see it go, and move on to something how do you say? Ummm..up to date. Also, it may interesting to know that the creator and director of Disney's 'Earth' movie viewed the 'Circle of Life' and was disapointed by the film that has been there for over 14 years. I'm pretty sure he can do better in the long run with a more educational feature.

Shere_Khan

Last year was the first time I viewed the Circle of Life. And actually I really enjoyed this as well. However, I guess I can see the need for replacement. I think after seeing it a few times I would be ready for something new.

jt04

Wow, I didn't realize so many people enjoyed this attraction, and hopefully it will be back up for everybody to enjoy their vacations in the next coming months.

Raven, the new boat is in boat storage, and is red tagged over to the side right next to the maintenance area. As a current cast member that works at both Soarin' and the boat ride, it for sure will be going down August 2nd, and I don't quite understand why Disney hasn't made an announcement, since it's right around the corner. It'll be interesting to see what ACTUALLY happens, since anything is possible with Disney.

Now as for the 'Cirle of Life' that is all just pure talk, and speculation,and anything is open for discussion on that show that has been there since 1995. I'm ready to see it go, and move on to something how do you say? Ummm..up to date. Also, it may interesting to know that the creator and director of Disney's 'Earth' movie viewed the 'Circle of Life' and was disapointed by the film that has been there for over 14 years. I'm pretty sure he can do better in the long run with a more educational feature.

Interesting! It does not suprise me there are so many people worried this ride will be closed during their visits. It is always a nice experience. There is not a ride in Future World that is more filled with "edutainment" and is beloved even after all these years. No characters, but plenty of magic. The Epcot Center concept works perfectly if properly imagined.

Now maybe someone will get a pic of the new boat :lookaroun

Missing20K

Interesting! It does not suprise me there are so many people worried this ride will be closed during their visits. It is always a nice experience. There is not a ride in Future World that is more filled with "edutainment" and is beloved even after all these years. No characters, but plenty of magic. The Epcot Center concept works perfectly if properly imagined.

I completely agree, it just has that "it" factor. I have always enjoyed that ride, and it's great to see it getting some attention.

nibblesandbits

I've been in the past few years in Sept...and definitely don't think it's so bad with the refurbs. Actually to me, the refurb list for this year looks, in a way, lighter than it has the past few years in Sept.

I understand the disappointment, (and I too hate that the hours are cut so much, but they typically have been at about the same as they were last Sept. with the exception of a few things here and there), but to me, it's still worth a trip.

Plus, it's not like it's too many major things down for refurb. We're talking about smaller C and D ticket attractions. (With the exception of SM). Last year, there were more E tickets closed...which was more aggrevating.

But, I guess to you, it's better to pay a bit more and have things open. To me, I'll take the discount and deal with some closures. I've learned to deal with the disappointment of attractions being closed.

mitchk

I've been in the past few years in Sept...and definitely don't think it's so bad with the refurbs. Actually to me, the refurb list for this year looks, in a way, lighter than it has the past few years in Sept.

I understand the disappointment, (and I too hate that the hours are cut so much, but they typically have been at about the same as they were last Sept. with the exception of a few things here and there), but to me, it's still worth a trip.

Plus, it's not like it's too many major things down for refurb. We're talking about smaller C and D ticket attractions. (With the exception of SM). Last year, there were more E tickets closed...which was more aggrevating.

But, I guess to you, it's better to pay a bit more and have things open. To me, I'll take the discount and deal with some closures. I've learned to deal with the disappointment of attractions being closed.

Not to be a wise guy, but I don't think anything major was closed last Sept. :shrug:

Epcotrulez

Living with the land was one of my favorites at Epcot. I liked to see all the latest things with plants and how they were growing them in different environments. Yes, I am a geek, but that's how I roll!

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster

I'll try and get one, but no promises.

EPCOT Explorer

Soooo...The only confirmation is the boat in storage?

Not doubting the poster who graciously took the time to come here with the info, but trying to plan.;):D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've got no information on this at all. Not doubting the original poster, but there isnt any indication from Disney yet that a refurb is scheduled.

tirian

I've got no information on this at all. Not doubting the original poster, but there isnt any indication from Disney yet that a refurb is scheduled.

FWIW, it's not on any Cast schedule either. Maybe the refurb is coming, and the planning starts on the 2nd? :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Aha. Interesting.:) Hope a refurb is ready to go, but AFTER a certain date in Aug.:lookaroun:lol:

FWIW, it's not on any Cast schedule either. Maybe the refurb is coming, and the planning starts on the 2nd? :shrug:

Interesting!

Thanks, Gentlemen!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom