Living with the Land Refurbishment 8/2/2009

CastleBound

Cool! I went on it just recently and there was no line. We went straight in. This will be great because at times it seems a little out-dated. Still a great ride either way.

WDW1974

I was recently at Central Shops and all I saw was a few Maelstrom boats, some studio tour trams and ... oh yeah, a giant Simba float from some parade (or perhaps even the LK show at DAK, although looked too big).

If so, I'm glad to see an EPCOT classic get some more TLC ... and I will say Land recently got new carpeting on the entire second level ... on a down note, the queue for Soarin was a disgrace and the filth from the AC ducts falling onto white light fixtures is just really bad show.

jt04

It seems that the slow "Living with the Land" boat ride will be getting a refurb going down August 2, 2009 and will be down for at least two months. They're going to be adding new boats to the flume, new video in the barn scenes. The main purpose of the refurb is the structure of the queue area and for better guest flow, especially for the busier seasons. The new boats are already in and they appear to have a total of 10 rows, with the wheelchair access ramp in the back. There are a few parts in the attraction where they're going to have to expand the flume, due to the new boats being too large to make some of the turns.

They really need to modernize the final scene just before unload. Then it will be perfect. Thanks for the news!!!!!!!!!!!:)

raven

I was recently at Central Shops and all I saw was a few Maelstrom boats, some studio tour trams and ... oh yeah, a giant Simba float from some parade (or perhaps even the LK show at DAK, although looked too big).

If so, I'm glad to see an EPCOT classic get some more TLC ... and I will say Land recently got new carpeting on the entire second level ... on a down note, the queue for Soarin was a disgrace and the filth from the AC ducts falling onto white light fixtures is just really bad show.

I have cleaned those personally back in February on a scissors lift. They are only cleanned that way about once every 6 months though because it would be an on-going job otherwise (there's not enough lifts or trained staff to operate the equipment every night).

The carpeting on the second level was replaced in March. It hides the gum better than the old stuff. :lol:

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!:brick: Another one of our favorites down while we are there! Will they still have the behind the seeds tour? We were planning on taking the tour for the first time.

Monsterfan99

Has anyone confirmed this ? I just looked and it is not listed as closed ? Thanks
I was thinking the same thing.

It would shock me at thing point to close it on, what, 12 days notice. They have already announced Donald's Boat going down, so I figured a bigger attraction would get more attention.

DisneyJunkie

Since there's still not been any kind of official announcement about this so-called refurb, my fingers will stay crossed that I can check it out at the end of September on my next trip.

EPCOT Explorer

Aww. I might be in town when this is down. One of my favorites from the EPCOT Center era.

At least it's getting some TLC, though!:sohappy: I'll be interested to see the new one.

rcapolete

I have not been on this ride in probably 16 years or so. I remember not liking it as a kid.
i felt the same way. When i was a kids my parents would drag me and my brothers on this ride every year. When i went back in 07 went on it for the first time in forever and actually found it very interesting. Seems you need to be an adult to appreciate this ride

Enchantâmes

i felt the same way. When i was a kids my parents would drag me and my brothers on this ride every year. When i went back in 07 went on it for the first time in forever and actually found it very interesting. Seems you need to be an adult to appreciate this ride
Not true, I've loved it probably since I was 18 months old.. :)

EPCOT Explorer

Not at all. I was fascinated on it....

...and a ton of kids freak out when they see the huge vegetables. It's pretty cute.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom