Living with the Land Refurbishment 8/2/2009

EPCOTPluto

It seems that the slow "Living with the Land" boat ride will be getting a refurb going down August 2, 2009 and will be down for at least two months. They're going to be adding new boats to the flume, new video in the barn scenes. The main purpose of the refurb is the structure of the queue area and for better guest flow, especially for the busier seasons. The new boats are already in and they appear to have a total of 10 rows, with the wheelchair access ramp in the back. There are a few parts in the attraction where they're going to have to expand the flume, due to the new boats being too large to make some of the turns.

Interesting. Would anything be moved around for the flume track being widen?

JimboJones123

Damn. I hope this is not true. We also were hoping for a Behind the Seeds tour in late Sept. We always hope for 3-4 good rides on this one.

RSoxNo1

There's also talk on the table for the possibility of the 'Circle of Life' theatre getting an overhaul with a new film in the near future, featuring an ALL Digital film from the creators of 'Planet Earth.'

If so, I would assume it would be produced under the Disney Nature umbrella.

Wakkie Nu Nu

any updates on this? Still seems odd this came out of left field like it seems to have. Maybe me head has been in the sand, but I'd heard NOTHING about it. And not that it bears any semblance to reliability, but calling WDW today yielded a firm "No, LWTL will be open in August!"... for whatever that's worth (not much)

raven

Let's try to keep this thread open until we get an offical word :shrug:

Thank you. We clean all of Epcot (including those boats and scenes) every night yet nothing has been said to our department about this. Usually we get at least a month heads-up.

Disneyson 1

Hopefully the film and boat changeouts will be a 3rd shift thing while the queue "changes" are able to be done in one or two days. Good news if true.

P.S. Hope that Disney Nature thing DOES happen.

mike7904

I am all for any refurb happening but was hoping this would be open for our trip September 19 - 27 as we were planning on doing the behind the seeds tour for the first time.

mickey2008.1

Its nice to see it get a refurb, but its closed at a time when everything else is, september is the worst month to go down. there will be many more refurbs going on that arent posted im sure, just like the past three years. thanks disney for the bounce back. its my last time!!!!!!!:hurl:

Shere_Khan

Its nice to see it get a refurb, but its closed at a time when everything else is, september is the worst month to go down. there will be many more refurbs going on that arent posted im sure, just like the past three years. thanks disney for the bounce back. its my last time!!!!!!!:hurl:

What was closed the last three years?

The only things I have heard about so far are Space Mountain, Sounds Dangerous, and the River Boat (during the week I will be there)

mickey2008.1

You never know what they will close when you are there, they just do it. there are so many walls up its ridiculous. one it can be rnr, the next its primeval, then its china. its the change of seasons and they get you for it. Plus no more PI. its dissapointing to see such a great place at that time of year. Also. fantasmic only has one show per week that month, good luck getting a seat.

SirGoofy

You never know what they will close when you are there, they just do it. there are so many walls up its ridiculous. one it can be rnr, the next its primeval, then its china. its the change of seasons and they get you for it. Plus no more PI. its dissapointing to see such a great place at that time of year. Also. fantasmic only has one show per week that month, good luck getting a seat.

I'll agree with the Fantasmic! stuff, but you have to realize maintenance is necessary, and not really done enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom