Living with the Land Refurbishment 8/2/2009

Oddysey

Is there not any wdwmagic user who's in Epcot today and can give us a live report? Preferably with pictures. :)

I probably wont be able to get there until Thursday if work slows down. If no one has confirmed by then I will go down and take a pic.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I can't provide a first hand sighting of the closure, but I can confirm that all Epcot cast have been issued with a Tell-A-Cast that states its closed until late fall. (The Tell-A-Cast is the CMs weekly guide to whats going on, and contains info to provide to guests etc).

EPCOT Explorer

I can't provide a first hand sighting of the closure, but I can confirm that all Epcot cast have been issued with a Tell-A-Cast that states its closed until late fall. (The Tell-A-Cast is the CMs weekly guide to whats going on, and contains info to provide to guests etc).

I wonder why they get the info, while we seem to be in the dark. I mean, besides the fact that they work for Disney.:lookaroun:lol:

If we can't get pics before next weekend, I'll be putting pictures up on Twitter, Steve. :) Same username on here, on there.

princess noel

Refurb of Living with the Land

I just called WDW as well and the nice gentleman told me that there are no refurbs in EPCOT as he checked the computer while we spoke. He added that they did do some recent work on the ride on what he called "adding an extension" but said the ride didn't need to be off line to do the work. I also asked if there were plans to take it down for refurb and he stated not to his knowledge.

Maybe there is some confusion on the work being done. I second someone checking it out if possible as this is one of those classic rides to go on and I don't want to miss it on my upcoming trip.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This is the current state of play.

- Epcot Tell-A-Cast states its closed
- Epcot Times Guide says it open
- No mention of any refurbishment on any of the public Disney sites

PotteryGal

Oy :rolleyes: - well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see....at this point, however, I'm counting on it being closed.

Figment632

I just bypassed the Disney hotline and called Epcot Center GS directly and they have no record of it. I gave them my CM id # and the guy was more friendly when he found out I was a CM he thinks to think this is an Internet rumor.

EPCOTPluto

Gah! :brick:Thanks for sorting it out.

How the gap between communication?

Well, when going for EPCOT this weekend, I will expect it to be closed. Unless it disappoints me...:cool::lol:

Buried20KLeague

Maybe it WAS planned to be closed, but then they canceled the closure, but the info still made it on the Tell-A-Cast. With no first hand reports of refurb walls and no info on it to the public... More importantly, no knowledge of the closure when folks have called, which is where you'd think they'd figure it out...

Plus no sightings of these "new boats" in central shops...

Something smells fishy. And I don't mean from the fish farm scene before the greenhouse. :lookaroun

SSE

I just came from Epcot about 20 mins ago and can say without a doubt that Living with the Land is closed. The tip board when I got there right near the pin shop said that it had a 5 min wait time, but when I was walking towards the Land the tip board on the west side said renewal next to Living with the Land. Then when I went into the pavilion the whole area was blocked off except for the queue area, but you couldn't look into where the boats usually go.

RSoxNo1

I just came from Epcot about 20 mins ago and can say without a doubt that Living with the Land is closed. The tip board when I got there right near the pin shop said that it had a 5 min wait time, but when I was walking towards the Land the tip board on the west side said renewal next to Living with the Land. Then when I went into the pavilion the whole area was blocked off except for the queue area, but you couldn't look into where the boats usually go.

Blocked off with walls?

SSE

Blocked off with walls?

Yes, but it didn't really look like the usual walls they use. It looked more like a screen wall so you could sort of look into the loading area, but it had the usual notice on it "we are building the future epcot" on it.

Gantu

Living with the Plans

Here's my question. We're planning to eat at the Garden Grille for Chip and Dale's Harvest Feast near the end of October. If the ride isn't up yet, will there still be the cool lighting/sound effects we can enjoy as we slooooowly rotate by?

Or should we tell them to stop the restaurant, we want to get off?

EPCOTPluto

Yes, but it didn't really look like the usual walls they use. It looked more like a screen wall so you could sort of look into the loading area, but it had the usual notice on it "we are building the future epcot" on it.
A screen wall? Maybe it will be more of a quick update rather than three months of random rework...

How odd in the way they handle this. Certainly isn't what I expected...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Thanks for confirming.

Figment1986

of all the material printed, Aren't the Tell-A-Casts the last to be made and usually more reliable?

Perhaps Epcot has some cash left over from this fical years budget for referbs and moved this project ahead a few months?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom