Living with the Land Refurbishment 8/2/2009

mitchk

Well it looks like officially it's going to be going down for a couple of months. I am still surprised Disney never announced it. Oh well, it's in need of a desperate refurb, and lets just hope it gets the attention it deserves.

Are you making this up??? :lol:

Rob562

Some of the senior members of this forum like to make things up. Disney website still lists nothing closed at Epcot at this time. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ca...ly_endDate=20090811&asmbly_startDate=20090802

I finally joined WDWmagic to keep people honest. CITE SOURCES PEOPLE or we will not believe U!

Well I'm sure the easiest answer would be to find out if anyone was at Epcot today and saw whether the ride was open or closed...

And if you've been around this and other forums for any amount of time, you know that the official WDW website is almost always the LAST place to go for up-to-date and accurate info. Their IT department leaves a bit to be desired in fact-checking and proofreading what they put up.

Look back a few months when they launched the newly redesigned website. Someone on here noticed that the Imagination pavilion listed things in the ImageWorks that were a part of the OLD upstairs ImageWorks...
I believe there was also a page on the Dining Plan that had conflicting info within the very same page about how many credits you get or what was included in your meal.

I'm not saying whether or not this LWTL refurb info is true or not, but rather just pointing out that history has shown not to use the WDW website as the end-all/be-all source of info.

-Rob

kingslyZISSOU

I sort of doubt it takes 2 months to reorganize a Que made of rails. Maybe a week.
And I doubt they are widening the river.

I bet it's some wall-e tie ins.

ms7479a

Right now, I'm hearing the refurb will take about three months, but I still haven't really gotten a clear picture as to the extent of the refurb.

mikeymouse

I too would have probably changed my trip date if I would have been aware of this sooner. I don't like the new Land at all. I like the old Land. Too many odd foods on the menu. I miss having a PB&J sandwich and a chocolate chip cookie, baked potato, pasta, etc. I miss hearing the rooster crow on the hour (or half hour?).

EPCOTPluto

Well, with the environmental theme, I guess they need to sell all kinds to appeal to everyone. :)

And I think I remember the rooster!

And the individual houses that sold Americana food, and the giant fish fountain, and the Green Thumb Emporium.... :lookaroun

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
Are you making this up??? :lol:

No I am not making this up, I am the one who started this thread, and I am a current cast member who works the boat ride. Also there's been several members that said it was true, including wdwmagic if I am not mistaken.

raven

The corners of the boats are tapered to make the corners smaller anyways. It's like this on most of the boat rides at WDW. And like I said before, the new boats are exactly the same length and width of the old boats. So widening the cannal in the ride wouldn't be an issue unless thay are going to add another part to the boat storage area.

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
The corners of the boats are tapered to make the corners smaller anyways. It's like this on most of the boat rides at WDW. And like I said before, the new boats are exactly the same length and width of the old boats. So widening the cannal in the ride wouldn't be an issue unless thay are going to add another part to the boat storage area.

There the exact same length, but the width is a little off, cause they're having to expand parts of the track due to the new boats not being able to make some of the turns. They didn't measure them correctly, and the company that made the boats is different from the company with the current boats.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I still don't get why this us needed it just was down for refurb in 2006?
The refurb in 2006 consisted of little more that the addition of an automated spiel. Quite of bit of the latter parts of the attraction are horribly dated and need to be improved. Quite honestly nearly ever scene in the attraction could do with a bit of plusing.

Wakkie Nu Nu

Still nothing on the WDW website, and still denial of closure OVER THE FREAKIN' PHONE!!!

I'm not remotely doubting it's closed, mind you, I'm just amazed at the lack of information out on Disney's end... and frankly, the amount of MISinformation. Can't recall something like this happening before.

EPCOT Explorer

Still nothing on the WDW website, and still denial of closure OVER THE FREAKIN' PHONE!!!

I'm not remotely doubting it's closed, mind you, I'm just amazed at the lack of information out on Disney's end... and frankly, the amount of MISinformation. Can't recall something like this happening before.

:rolleyes::lol: This is getting ridiculous. Has anyone seen the actual ride down?:lookaroun

danv3

Is there not any wdwmagic user who's in Epcot today and can give us a live report? Preferably with pictures. :)

gettingsmaller

Seriously, what is the story here? I have friends going in Sept, and I REALLY wanted them to get to ride this ride (as we discussed earlier, this is about as close to "classic EPCOT" as you can get these days...).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom