Living with the Land Refurbishment 8/2/2009

captainkidd

Just got off the phone with Disney. It's true. The CM I spoke to said it was open, but then told me she'd check. She called Epcot and it is indeed closed until October. She says they had no idea.

I'm sorry - This is total nonsense. Disney owes an explanation for this. They are completely in the wrong.

jakeman

Wow - I am ed beyond belief about this. Disney owes it's guests an explanation on this one.

Just got off the phone with Disney. It's true. The CM I spoke to said it was open, but then told me she'd check. She called Epcot and it is indeed closed until October. She says they had no idea.

I'm sorry - This is total nonsense. Disney owes an explanation for this. They are completely in the wrong.
What explanation would you like?

What could they possibly say to make you not hate them?

captainkidd

What explanation would you like?

What could they possibly say to make you not hate them?

How about "Sorry sir - We messed up and owe you an apology. We've known about this for weeks, but have our heads shoved so far up our butts we neglected to let anyone know, including our own employees, that the ride would be closed."

We're not talking about an unplanned closure for a technical difficulty. They've known about this for weeks and didn't say a word to their guests. That is wrong. My guess is, they didn't want to come off looking bad with Space Mountain already closed and Universal opening a new coaster any day now, they probably figured, "Eh, let's just close it down and not say anything so we don't look bad."

krankenstein

Wow - I am ed beyond belief about this. Disney owes it's guests an explanation on this one.

Disney has every right to close any attraction at anytime with or without warning. As a matter of fact, when you use a Disney ticket you use said ticket under those conditions

Now, I think they should've told people it was closing before it actually closed, but they have every right to close it when they want to with little to no explanation.

captainkidd

Disney has every right to close any attraction at anytime with or without warning. As a matter of fact, when you use a Disney ticket you use said ticket under those conditions

Now, I think they should've told people it was closing before it actually closed, but they have every right to close it when they want to with little to no explanation.

I know. But as you said, it doesn't make it right.

If that's the way they want to conduct business and treat their guests, I guess I've learned a thing or two about the company.

On top of the fact that they closed it, they STILL haven't updated their wesbite or notified their CM's. To me, that's the worst part about it.

krankenstein

I know. But as you said, it doesn't make it right.

If that's the way they want to conduct business and treat their guests, I guess I've learned a thing or two about the company.

On top of the fact that they closed it, they STILL haven't updated their wesbite or notified their CM's. To me, that's the worst part about it.

Notifying CMs that man the phones should've been done, the website...well we all know about the website. :lol:

captainkidd

Notifying CMs that man the phones should've been done, the website...well we all know about the website. :lol:

I don't expect much from the website anymore.

I just don't get how something like this happens. Who is the person in charge of these things who decides it will be a GOOD idea not to notify anyone of this closure???

EPCOT Explorer

I just came from Epcot about 20 mins ago and can say without a doubt that Living with the Land is closed. The tip board when I got there right near the pin shop said that it had a 5 min wait time, but when I was walking towards the Land the tip board on the west side said renewal next to Living with the Land. Then when I went into the pavilion the whole area was blocked off except for the queue area, but you couldn't look into where the boats usually go.
Well...That's a shame, for me, good for EPCOT.

Wonder what they are doing to the ride itself, if anything.

I agree. Even though it's a small ride, and disney DOES have the right to do this, they could have told us.:shrug:

In the end it's not too huge, though.

hardcard

oh god... suck it up.

ms7479a

Here's the latest that I got today. Apparently the new boats haven't even been constructed yet. Only one test boat was built and that's when they realized that it got stuck going around corners. This might be the reason for the length of the refurb.

EPCOT Explorer

Here's the latest that I got today. Apparently the new boats haven't even been constructed yet. Only one test boat was built and that's when they realized that it got stuck going around corners. This might be the reason for the length of the refurb.
So why close it now? :shrug:

And why do they need new boats? The ride was fine.:shrug:

I don't get this at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom