Living with the Land Refurbishment 8/2/2009

maggiegrace1

Ah, right. :lookaroun

I forgot about your addiction.:lookaroun

And you think I'm being serious!?:rolleyes::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
Yes..I snort it often..:D..and no..I do not think you are at all...:animwink::lol:

You are going to WDW Evan..:sohappy:.....the fact that Living with the Land will be closed is not going to really matter at all...:D

EPCOT Explorer

Yes..I snort it often..:D..and no..I do not think you are at all...:animwink::lol:

You are going to WDW Evan..:sohappy:.....the fact that Living with the Land will be closed is not going to really matter at all...:D

You should seek help.:lookaroun
:lol:

Indeed. :D But it does a play a big part in EPCOT...But I'm coping.;)

ms7479a

So why close it now? :shrug:

And why do they need new boats? The ride was fine.:shrug:

I don't get this at all.

From what I've heard, the boats were really old, were leaking, and kept on needing to be patched up. I also heard that one of the boats recently "sank" while it had guests on it. The new boats will also have a new configuration for handicapped guests, moving the wheelchair area from the front to the rear of the boat.

mickey2008.1

as i have said earlier in this site, its typical for this stuff to happen in september. would not be surprised if rnr is closed for refurb at same time as the contract is up. i agree with updates, but its too many at the same time. we pay too much for this to happen. any one agree?

Studios Fan

as i have said earlier in this site, its typical for this stuff to happen in september. would not be surprised if rnr is closed for refurb at same time as the contract is up. i agree with updates, but its too many at the same time. we pay too much for this to happen. any one agree?

I agree that sometimes they do too many refurbs at one time, but a Living with the Land refurb is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

hardcard

Sorry, they have to fix things some time.... I bet half of you were bashing the annual January whiners that complain that SM is down.. it's always down in Jan... always..

Really.. they do nothing for months, and now there are refurbing things, and you STILL attack them? can't have it both ways..and sorry, but the the summer vacation season is all but over... The ride will be offline during the very end of it, and during a traditional slower time of year (september)... so... again, best time for a refurb..

Sorry folks, LWTW is closed.. Moose outside should have told ya!

sorryfolks.jpg

Ill miss that ride next week!

It usually has a fast line and is realxing to do after getting a bite to eat, not to mention the A/C you get while not in the greenhouses!

Missing20K

Sorry, they have to fix things some time.... I bet half of you were bashing the annual January whiners that complain that SM is down.. it's always down in Jan... always..

Really.. they do nothing for months, and now there are refurbing things, and you STILL attack them? can't have it both ways..and sorry, but the the summer vacation season is all but over... The ride will be offline during the very end of it, and during a traditional slower time of year (september)... so... again, best time for a refurb..

Sorry folks, LWTW is closed.. Moose outside should have told ya!

sorryfolks.jpg

:sohappy:

Epic post.

Hrudey3032

Yeah. Easy for you to say. You're 8 minutes from WDW. Some of us that live about 1,500 miles away would appreciate a bit of advance notice on closing attractions.:rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity. When did you book your trip? I am just asking because if you had already booked your trip and they had announced this after you did so would it not be the same that it was still closed? :shrug:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I have no problem with rides closing for maintenance; it is good practice after all. What puzzles me is that almost all other theme park stylee attractions world wide tend to increase their offerings as time goes by, which offsets the impact of maintenance on existing attractions. Im sure most of WDW is actually offering less than 10/15 years ago. More bums on seats but fewer seats for them to sit on it would appear. :shrug:

Oh and before someone says, ahhhh but they’ve added AK, you used that excuse in justifying the disproportionate increases in ticket prices.

captainkidd

No one has a problem with refurbs. The problem is not telling anyone in advance, including employees. It's crappy business.

jakeman

I repeat....you live 10 minutes from the parks. I don't.
I don't live 10 minutes from the parks and I've somehow managed to get through my day without a fit of nerdrage...

I also have a trip planned during the refurbishment time and...yep...I'm still sane...
I have no problem with rides closing for maintenance; it is good practice after all. What puzzles me is that almost all other theme park stylee attractions world wide tend to increase their offerings as time goes by, which offsets the impact of maintenance on existing attractions. Im sure most of WDW is actually offering less than 10/15 years ago. More bums on seats but fewer seats for them to sit on it would appear. :shrug:
That would be an interesting analysis Pumbas if anyone more nerdy than us would care to do it. Less anything actually contructed outside of the properties after, say, 1998, has there been an increase or decrease in the number of things to do?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom