Living with the Land Refurbishment 8/2/2009

ms7479a

From what I've heard from fellow cast members, the problem is with the newly designed boats. It wasn't until testing started on the boats that they realized that the boats became stuck when going around corners. I'm not sure when they started testing the new boats, but that could be the reason for the lack of advanced warning about the refurb (and it appears as though fixing this problem is what the majority of the refurb will entail). I'll try to find out more information at work tomorrow.

jessfriends

What happens to the scenes you see while you eat at the Garden grill? Will the effects be turned off? Did they do anything the last time when it was closed? Just curious. :confused:

Missing20K

From what I've heard from fellow cast members, the problem is with the newly designed boats. It wasn't until testing started on the boats that they realized that the boats became stuck when going around corners. I'm not sure when they started testing the new boats, but that could be the reason for the lack of advanced warning about the refurb (and it appears as though fixing this problem is what the majority of the refurb will entail). I'll try to find out more information at work tomorrow.

Wow, if that is true, super big time epic whale fail. Very disappointing. Sounds like we have our own version of DL's monorail problem. :brick:

EPCOT Explorer

Well....:fork: That's a shame. I'm glad it's getting the work, but I wish it wasn't on my trip. I'll miss it.

Disney really shoulda told us earlier.

KingStefan

Yeah, same here. The family was looking forward to this one, now we're going to miss it on our trip later this month.

I have to admit, though, it has just not been the same for me without the live narration. The audio stinks, and people just talk over the whole thing and you can't hear what's going on. So I personally don't care if we miss it at all - it just makes me angry when I ride it.

IlikeDW

Well....:fork: That's a shame. I'm glad it's getting the work, but I wish it wasn't on my trip. I'll miss it.

Yeah, same here. The family was looking forward to this one, now we're going to miss it on our trip later this month.

I have to admit, though, it has just not been the same for me without the live narration. The audio stinks, and people just talk over the whole thing and you can't hear what's going on. So I personally don't care if we miss it at all - it just makes me angry when I ride it.

Maybe the "Behind the Seeds" walking tour won't close, it is better than the ride but it does cost a few dollars.

Hrudey3032

Why do they have to tell us?? Someone is always going to be upset when they close a attraction but it has to be done.Does Disney normally tell us?Yes but as the previous poster said it was a unexpected thing that caused this.Not trying to get on you but just kinda confuses me when people say this.

BTW have a fantastic time at WDW next week Evan! :wave: Looking forward to the pics on here and FB

aeillill

"Until the fall" that's sort of vague. Hopefully it'll be up again for my trip at the end of September. It's not going to ruin my trip however if it isn't, I'll just be sort of sad. I like my education in Epcot and it seems like places that offer it are disappearing fast so I don't like to miss out on any of it.

EPCOT Explorer

Why do they have to tell us?? Someone is always going to be upset when they close a attraction but it has to be done.Does Disney normally tell us?Yes but as the previous poster said it was a unexpected thing that caused this.Not trying to get on you but just kinda confuses me when people say this.

BTW have a fantastic time at WDW next week Evan! :wave: Looking forward to the pics on here and FB

True, true.:eek: It's just so odd of them to not make a HOOPLA:lookaroun out of it.
That, and I might weep at the closed ride.:lookaroun:lol:

And I shall!:D Thanks so much....And check Twitter, too. Same username on here on there.:) I'll start a thread for that soon.

Hrudey3032

True, true.:eek: It's just so odd of them to not make a HOOPLA:lookaroun out of it.
That, and I might weep at the closed ride.:lookaroun:lol:

And I shall!:D Thanks so much....And check Twitter, too. Same username on here on there.:) I'll start a thread for that soon.

I cant do that Twitter thing it scares me :eek: although I love the Twitter Tracker on Conan! As far as weeping just do that when you ride JII. That kills me that its still open with that ride that is in there now :cry:

EPCOT Explorer

I cant do that Twitter thing it scares me :eek: although I love the Twitter Tracker on Conan! As far as weeping just do that when you ride JII. That kills me that its still open with that ride that is in there now :cry:

You are talking to a Twitter addict.:lookaroun

And nah, can't weep there, I still love my Figgy. :eek::lol:
The trick is to not compare it to the old one....:cry:

Hrudey3032

You are talking to a Twitter addict.:lookaroun

And nah, can't weep there, I still love my Figgy. :eek::lol:
The trick is to not compare it to the old one....:cry:

Yea well I can remember the original still so I can :cry:

And yes I know you are twitter addict I have seen the FB twitters on your page :lol:

PotteryGal

Well poo....we didn't get to ride this last summer and had hoped to next week :(. Oh well....guess we'll have more time for other things....

EPCOTPluto

Very strange. It is indeed now closed, and yet there is no real information from Disney on it. The cast of Epcot have however been informed, and as stated above, just with the vague reopen of fall.
:eek: And I wanted to ride it two weeks prior! :brick:

Oh well. Guess the OP was right after all... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom